Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Review & Let Me Know What You Think. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review & Let Me Know What You Think. (869 Views)

Peeps, Kindly Review This New Site Design And Let Me Know Your Thoughts / [ONLY] Bloggers With Less Than 15,000 Views? Daily Add Ur URL Let Me Help / Website Review: Www.myshoppingcomm.com Let Me Know What You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2008
www.arnionglobalconsulting.com

. . .by the way, the y! & google links were specifically demanded by the client(lol!). site's still under construction though. critics r very welcome'd too.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by my2cents(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2008
Nice Job. Out of curiousity, why does the client want those Y! et al links? For social bookmarking? That's what I (and perhaps others) am thinking when I see them. For them to go to the landing pages of those sites doesn't make sense to me. Even if the client insists, you are not a code monkey. You should ask and advise clients as well, if you haven't done so already. The customer may always be right but it doesn't mean that they are indeed "right", not to mention, regardless of what a client wants, the sites you develop today will determine the sites you develop tomorrow.

As you have noted, the site is still under construction. Having said that, always try and develop a site right the first time as, at least for me, I hate to go back and do something twice. Please note the following:

1) For those google et al links, you are linking to those sites incorrectly. Here is what I get for Y!, for example: http://www.arnionglobalconsulting.com/www.yahoo.com. This will obviously result in a broken link

2) On home page, I would probably make the white content area rounded as as to blend well with the dark background

3) I would make all pages consistent with respect to the content area having a white background

4) I want to blv that eventually the "contact us" page will have a form

5) the image on "about us" is too large - 242px. Consider optimizing

6) On home page, "welcome" image is on left but on other pages, header image is on right. i would make this consistent throughout, preferably on the left as research shows web users view a site from top left to bottom right.

7) On some pages, you have the contact info at bottom and on others you have it on top right and on others you have it at bottom right. Make it consistent everywhere.

8 ) Image of kid on home page: If the company is into consulting then I would make at least the image on the home page something to do with consulting with respect to the services mentioned on the site. When I see the kid, I (and perhaps others) am thinking something else, not consulting. That image is over 400K too. Why?

9) I see a lot of non-breaking space (&nbspwink tags in your code. You do know that different browsers interprete this differently. Besides, this isn't semantic. Why not assign the table cells CSS classes and define those classes with the appropriate padding? Makes better sense to me. I bet, especially considering the sizes of your images, you could shave off a few KBs in non-breaking spaces alone.

10) On home page, it would probably be nice at the "enter email address", if as I insert my cursor, the text disappears then on onblur, the text re-appears.

This might sound like a lot but most are just a few tweaks here and there.

I hope these help.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
First off, thanks man. gud lookin out.

The whole y! link & co stuff really bugg'd me out too, i'm still working on taking it out.

I'm not much of a programmer i just design stuff. as for the 'non-breaking space', i'm working on that too.

All the pages are definitly going to have the same look as the home page (as regards the white area) but i'm not really digging the rounded corner stuff. I prefer the whole rectangular look for the site. corners bring a whole new look into the whole thing.

I contact page. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , , might have a form.

As for images, i'll work on those too

For the page titles (welcome being on the left and others on the right) i have a reason for arrainging them like that.

for now i'm waiting for content from the client, when i get them i'll make them changes.

thanks again.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ neptune
the whole idea i think is cool xcept for the welcome text and the y/google stuff needs to come out more and also blend with the background colour.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2008
hey thanks, but i dont get, how does the welcome come out. its a png file.as in the welcome should have a transparent background.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by my2cents(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
For the page titles (welcome being on the left and others on the right) i have a reason for arrainging them like that.
I agree with everything you have said except for the above. Humans read from left to right. Every time I wanted to go back to the home page, you would think I would know to look to the right but I didn't. I kept looking for the link first to my left before wondering where it was, then remembering it was to the right. It got a little annoying after a while, I must confess.

In the end, it's your site. Having said that, there are standards that are to be followed in the interest of users. Having those headers to the left is one of them. Remember, you develop a site to suit a majority of its visitors and I bet a majority would appreciate those headers to the left.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
i mean the font colour should come out a little for users to see and since u said the file is in png transparent it should match with the background which is black,the same thing should apply to the yahoo,google and facebook icons.it will make the site look more perfect.
just my opinion anyway.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
and one more thing,it also applies to the anion logo also. wink
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by my2cents(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
his_grace:

refer to points 5 and 8 of my original post above wink
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2008
thanks all.

in2gold,

i still don't get. the bakground of the site is olive green not black. The arnion logo is white, so is the yahoo link. . . (and all of them have a transparent background)

my2cents,

about the home link & title page being on the left, i dont think the site is too wide (or is it?). so you don't really have to loooook left. its just there. but i really understand you point though. plus i like doing things a little different sometimes (lol)

thanks all the same.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by my2cents(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2008
The site isn't too wide. I use 1024x768 and the site sits perfectly in the middle. As for the header images, again, maybe I am a bit slow in learning cos even today, again, I had to look for "home" even though it registered in my brain that it was on the right. Perhaps you should make it a bit bigger?

By the way, you haven't made a single change since you asked for it and received plenty. What's the point of asking if you won't implement? cool
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2008
hehehe! grin

ok, the home link can be bigger. and as for implementing changes, i told u i was waiting for more materials from the client n when i get them, i'll make the changes. so dont be annoyed if u dont see the changes immediatly.

for now i'm waiting for content from the client, when i get them i'll make them changes.

i really would'nt have asked for a review if i did'nt need it. so thanks all the same.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2008
Neptune.
Now i understand what u are saying.u know i was wandering y' u dont understand me,the mistake came from me.
I checked the site with another system ,then i know the previous system browser is kinda sick.now i can see the whole thing clearly.
Its a nice job.
Sorry 4 the inconvenience.
Re: Review & Let Me Know What You Think. by Neptune(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2008
thanks man. i was even getting affraid u might get annoyed or somthing. cheers

(1) (Reply)

Get A Complete Website today / Path To Truth / Our Free Weekend Mentoring Classes Are Still Open To All Graduated/x-participants Of Our Trainings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.