Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice (7271 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / U.S. To Join Nigeria In The Fight Against Boko Haram / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by SlyIg(f): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
OAM4J:

I cant even remember I banned you, just checked your ban log now and realized I banned you for derailing a thread with garri comment, sorry about it wink

BTW, I was the moderator of the year for 2011 so am not seeking the title again. I appreciate your posting in this section and wish to encourage many females to be involved in politics and political discussions as much as possible. Just cooperate with me by keeping the rules and we will be good friends. wink
Wow! That's so formal for a reply. I was even thinking you'll reban me till 2015. It's ok. Let's keep it flowing...
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by SlyIg(f): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Is there any hope that all these could change anytime soon?
For today,no hope. But lets look into the future,maybe there will be hope.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Charliemorgano(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
The best way to get into politics is to build yourself as a technocrat...then have a good rappour with the top echelon then be politically active by being a card carrying party member....soon u get there....i encourage your courage
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Alecia.M:

Yes am still under 25 and the NGO thing is not a bad idea. I will start working on that now, I just felt been directly involve in politics will make me have direct impact in the life of many ordinary Nigerians with the money meant for them. Cos with the NGO I will still have to go back to the same politicians to source for fund and I will only be able to reach just a minimal number of people but I think it won't be a bad idea to start from there now, with all these black juju and opening of leg comments.

The juju stuff is exaggerated. It exists quite well, but not that many politicians patronize juju, just a few of them.
Start with an NGO, gain some necessary experience, clout and support of the people at the grassroots, connect with the right people in the society who can support you financially. After gaining the necessary experience and exposure, you'll be experienced enough to go into politics. Either way, you'll touch lives.
If you're in a university(which I don't you're), you can start from the SUG to get your feet wet.
If you're serious with your plans, people will take you serious and all these stories of politicians wanting to sleep with you won't come up. There are actually some good politicians in nigeria, even more than we expect.
So get serious with your plans.

3 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
if that's your real picture abeg forget about politic , except if you want to be screwed by all the politic gotha undecided.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
seanet01: And in your own Cockroach brain, what party could stand for the worst party in Nigeria other than A party that spent $16 billion on power and yet we still import generators to power PHCN offices?
My guy use your brain.

Story. Some of the people who were beneficiaries of the 16 billion are now in other political parties, claiming to be saints.
All nigerian politicians are the same regardless of their party affiliation.
You and freecocoa should get that into your mushy brains.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: if that's your real picture abeg forget about politic , except if you want to be screwed by all the politic gotha undecided.

That's not her picture.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by dnawah(m): 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
My dear sister ur campaign is not only good but touchy,it made ;-(.am ur kind of person,when the time comes make ur person adviser.together we will make this 9ja beta.amen!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by humberjade: 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
My dear, if u really wanna genuinely give to d poor and change their status, why don't u start a foundation...Be sincere about your mission, make sure d foundation is well organised...Liaise with the UN, bigger foundations and big organisations for sponsorship...If pple discovers ur sincerity, they will fall in love with u and ur foundation, after which u can venture into politics without having to go thru d rigours of climbing d rugged Naija political ladder.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
J12:

That's not her picture.
she is still is not safe. grin grin undecided
if i may ask who is the chick on this photo?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by padmoreete2(m): 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP, u for tell me say na seminar u wan give nw.. Jesus! How person fit read dat long thing nw. Nawooo
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
@op, for most women that join politics, it's a good venture. Forget all the irrelevant advices from the nairalanders. For one, most of the things that you are reading are from mere far from the scene observations. In other words, most of the advices are from people who never have practical political experiiences. So how can they advise you? Nigerian political terrain is not as bad as being portrayed in the mass media. It's not all women who are successful in politics that are selling themselves in order to get one post or the. Provide yourself with laudable objectives. Have faith in yourself and in your God. On the practical sides, which geographical zones: ward, local govt, federal zone, senatorial zone, etc do you come from. What political party is ruling in those places? You have to know this. There is a silent but unwritten law in politics: the law of zoning. You can study or fail to study the operation of this silent law to ur advantage or peril. I'll urge you to study the above before you jump into the water. There are many other things to consider before you decide to contest an election. My advice is that you join the political parrty of your 'people', participate as a follower before seeking an election to become a leader. In essence go for it and that is my advice to all women. Don't be afraid! Politics has always been like a "whirlpool" even from the days of Plato. But I believe that if more women enter into the Nigerian politics, things miay be quite different
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Originalsly: 12:38am On Jan 10, 2013
Forget about politics and being a politician. What have you done so far?..... in your school?... in your immediate neighbourhood?.... in your community? Start local....let people get to know you and what you are about through words and actions. Later...if you run for local office you will get support and wouldn't even realise that you are already into politics.....and have a target on your back.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by maclatunji: 12:47am On Jan 10, 2013
Charliemorgano: The best way to get into politics is to build yourself as a technocrat...then have a good rappour with the top echelon then be politically active by being a card carrying party member....soon u get there....i encourage your courage

If you combine this with community engagement and support as a young person, you might have a decent chance of making some positive change. Let people know you for your virtue and principle. Show conviction and be prayerful and never seek power because of its benefits to you but for the purpose of helping the maximum number of people possible at any point in time.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by julius2825(m): 1:39am On Jan 10, 2013
redsun: You should either be ready to become an immoral shamelesszombie or be ready the fight a long fight that might cost you your life for the mere fact that you are rational and hardworking.

Nigerian elite scene is like an immoral blackhole that sucks in any atom of morality that comes around it.What the country needs is a controlled revolution,a systematic elimination of the dark minded ruling elite.Nothing else will work.
you deserve 5 bottles of cocacola
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Silencer1: 3:39am On Jan 10, 2013
You musto sabi do 'h-ashawo' work o! grin
Gba be!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by sunnywhyt(m): 6:34am On Jan 10, 2013
Register at this new online BIZ tip site and get yourself updated on all areas of online business visit http://bizlodged.com,,,
ADMIN NEEDED-admin will be rewarded depending on their work on this site and lots of freebies to be won daily,hurry now and register
ADMIN VACANCIES
>NEW SECTION
>ONLINE BIZ TUTORIAL
>HYIP TIPS
>SPORT BETTING PICKS AND NEWS
>AFFILIATE SECTION
If you know you are capable to handle any post OF the above listed register and apply for it.....
Let your MB work for you instead of reading and surfing some unnecessary stuffs online
Register at this new online BIZ tip site and get yourself updated on all areas of online business visit http://bizlodged.com,,,
ADMIN NEEDED-admin will be rewarded depending on their work on this site and lots of freebies to be won daily,hurry now and register
ADMIN VACANCIES
>NEW SECTION
>ONLINE BIZ TUTORIAL
>HYIP TIPS
>AFFILIATE SECTION
If you know you are capable to handle any post OF the above listed register and apply for it.....
Let your MB work for you instead of reading and surfing some unnecessary stuffs online
ADMIN VACANCIES
>NEW SECTION
>ONLINE BIZ TUTORIAL
>HYIP TIPS
>AFFILIATE SECTION
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by seguneze: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Alicia M don't be discouraged by d comment of most Nairalanders,u can succeed in politics without involving urself in 1 2 and 3,I know some decent female politicians and mind u dis days our vote now count,atleast d 2011 election was 80percent credible, so I will advice u 2 start by touching d lifes of some people in ur community,dis will help u 2 get there vote,we must not run away from politics,let's be involve,together we shall make naija great
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by mollie12: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2013
Nobody has mentioned d main requirement of the matter...

The big question is, do you have MONEY?

Even Obama needed real cash to get his political ambition going. I was watching a documentary on his rise to power on BBC K and one of his first priorities when he made his first move into the political arena was to raise 5 million dollars.

Every aspirant, young or old, male or female, beautiful or ugly, needs a good amount of cash to get their campaign going in ANY political environment.

Even if you wanted to do the NGO route, you will still need money to get things done. I really recommend the NGO route (even if you don't want to go all the way to get it registered, etc, at least start a community initiative). And for this NGO, don't try to overstretch yourself and go national, international, just focus on grassroots issues and earn the support and respect of people at the local level. You could even focus your work on only one Local Government Area for starters, and spread out from there. That's what I did - started an NGO, focused on one LGA and I was even given an award by the local people after just one year of working with them. When they see your passion and sense of dedication to their issues, it would be easier for the people to trust you and go out to vote for you when they see your name on d ballot paper.

Do you have money? Or a very rich individual or organisation that is willing to sponsor your ambition? If neither, do you at least have highly influential people that can sing your praises to the end of the earth and persuade others to support you? This (money and influence) is the stuff you need: its when people don't have these naturally that they have to resort to juju and sleeping around to get ahead. If as a lady you are able to build support and credibility with the members of a community, you will be too powerful to need to sleep around to get ahead. Political parties will then be chasing you to join them instead of the reverse because they know with your support you would gain the contested seat and give THEM a power slot. My two cents...
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by oduz: 2:14am On Jan 12, 2013
2 Kobo advice from a comPATRIOT

ALL the threats are MYTHS

They are also realities for all those that are naturally inclined

WOMEN are also faced with similar challenges, in many 'competitive' areas of human endeavour

Remember that all it takes for bad deeds to thrive is for good people to keep mute

If all else fails you may achieve your goals through a well orgarnised NGO

If my example is anything to go by, all I wanted to do was wrong the rights in my immediate community thro Campus Journalism

From here I was drafted into Students Unionism, where I made my mark in spite of repeated expulsions & variety of victimisation

Left Campus to get involved with the 'real thing' by opting to contest in the democratic setting

I got pushed off severally to 'step down' thro what we you will prefer to call the forces of 'Godfatherism'

Refused to loose focus on the need to change Society, & chose the path of 'volunteer adviser' to the few good ones in the corridors of power

Some of whom keep challenging my ideas in 'higher arenas' where I have had the opportunity to change the life of millions thro creative policies

ENOUGH said,

The struggle is still on till the masses of our people have free access to the basics of life, there is a wide vacuum waiting for great women

Great women with fundamental ideological understanding of the real needs of the common people, not necessarily gender or tribal warriors

The decision is yours, like Mohamed ALI said, his wining formular is not in the long hours of training in the gym, but from strong inner will

You can be bombarded with all the advice, myths and formulars, but the COURAGE to conquer in spite of all ODDS can only come from within you

Today I am covered with all the scars of long tortuous struggle,

But fulfilled in my conviction that it will FOREVER be better to light a candle than curse the darkness

I wish you all the best, whatever your decision is cool
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by seanet01: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2013
Yeah. You can go into politics just expect something special.
Be prepared for all kinds of Kondo.
@B@ e agbona

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rising Poverty Greatest National Security Threat, Says Atiku / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar As A Custom Officer / Resolutions Of The Ogun-Oyo Joint Security Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.