Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election (6747 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Ikpeazu's Election As Abia Governor / Tribunal Upholds Ajimobi’s Election As Oyo Governor / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
We like to destroy existing ideas in place no matter how imperfect, without making room for any kind of improvement

Be improving its good, pls when there is light water and good roads let me know, cos thats what i care bout now and nt any other thing or election, me thinks African nations are spending too much time "improving their nascent democracy and forgetting the primary reason for governance , DEVELOPMENT
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by fyneguy: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yaradua or no Yaradua, The solution to our problem is to call in the colonial masters again.

The political class has failed us. Yaradua is very confused. He has no clear-cut idea what to do to fix the problems.
Worse still, Obasanjo has created more problems for him, such that he might spend the whole tenure trying to right OBJ's wrongs let alone Nigeria's real problems.

It may
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by ndubest(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2008
Am so glad that this is finally over cheesy cheesy

Instead of turning this nation into anarchy to satisfy personal interest of people who are not evening claiming they won the election, the tribunal did the right thing

Patrotism is all about putting the national interest ahead of personal gains

AL GORE WON THE USA ELECTION IN 2000 but for the sake of peace and patriotism he took the ruling of the Supreme court in good faith

I hope that Buhari and Atiku will not waste more money going to Court of Appeal

This case is closed
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yaradua is very confused. He has no clear-cut idea what to do to fix the problems.

Confused is an understatement , I always pray that God should use him to help my people, but one look at him i wonder hw possible that is, Nigeria oh Nigeria hw did thou find thou self in tis debacle.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by emiemi(f): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
fyneguy:

Yaradua or no Yaradua, The solution to our problem is to call in the colonial masters again.

The political class has failed us. Yaradua is very confused. He has no clear-cut idea what to do to fix the problems.
Worse still, Obasanjo has created more problems for him, such that he might spend the whole tenure trying to right OBJ's wrongs let alone Nigeria's real problems.

It may
My dear, I agree with u
The one person that had a very good understanding of our society was FELA Anikulapo Kuti. He sang, "Animal in human skin, animal dey put tie o, animal dey wear agbada, animal dey put suit o, many leaders as u see dem, na different disguise dem dey o, " Just imagine what the judge used against the petition by the presidential candidates e.g 1. no voter complained they weren't registered and 2. that there were no proofs of irregularities during the 2007 elections.  shocked shocked shocked shocked Sometimes, I really don't know what to think when i read news like this one. (U can fool some people sometime, but u can't fool all the people all the time). I'm sorry but I don't think I'm nigerian in my thinking so I sometimes don't want to delve completely into the animalistic behaviour displayed by our leaders ( and some followers too o).  cry cry
One love
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by BigB11(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yaradua is very confused. He has no clear-cut idea what to do to fix the problems.

You guys need to be realistic!
What do you expect from this man?
Do you guys understand the size of enormous intangible issues OBJ intentionally left behind?
What do you expect from a man that is surrounded by thieves?

It isn't that easy to face all these unique problems as the president. It takes time; we need to slow down and give this man all the support he needs to restore things.
At least, we can say for sure the man is not stealing our money to rebuild a falling farm in his home town.

Calm down and give the man a break.
Our problems in Nigeria are not 2 years old; therefore it will take more than just few months to fix these problems.

Simmer down and stop crying, folks.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Binary(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
I think we should leave Mr President, It does not matter how He was norminated weither selected or elected, i believed is God sent. If you are been watching ur TV or listening to news how Mr President has been paying deaf ear to the so called OBJ. We all know is not easy to repair, but very easy to spoil things. Trabunal should dismise  both Atiku and Buhiri.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Ttola(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
the verdit says much,,

definately not injustice,
definately no sentiments on the ground of nation secutiry ''who cares this is nigeria'',,

i strongly believe a judment of this magnitude couldnt have been influeced unless the petitioners themselves have been compromised,

i only think Mr Atiku and Mr Buhari have at some point given up 2 pressure and presented not too good a case that could cause an election dissolution,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
You guys need to be realistic!
What do you expect from this man?
Do you guys understand the size of enormous intangible issues OBJ intentionally left behind?
What do you expect from a man that is surrounded by thieves?

It isn't that easy to face all these unique problems as the president. It takes time; we need to slow down and give this man all the support he needs to restore things.
At least, we can say for sure the man is not stealing our money to rebuild a falling farm in his home town.

Calm down and give the man a break.
Our problems in Nigeria are not 2 years old; therefore it will take more than just few months to fix these problems.

Simmer down and stop crying, folks.

What form of neo-mediocrity are u preaching here, pls next preach this 2 ur family, i think it mite help em better,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by vanesa(m): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2008
MY OWN 99.999 AND MOST IMPORTANT CENT!
WHY DON'T WE THE YOUNTH FORM OUR OWN PARTY OR IS THERE NO POLITICALLY ABLE YOUTH WITH EXPERIENCE IN NIGERIA ? WE THE YOUTH ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT WE ARE LACKING IN NIGERIA WE ALONE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA FOR OUR SELVES OUR UNBORN KIDS,WE ALONE CAN BRING PRIDE TO NIGERIA WE SHOULD NOT SLEEP AND FOLD OUR HAND HOPING FOR THE SUN TO SHINE ONE DAY THE DAY IS HERE LETS WAKE UP AND FORM A YOUTH PARTY OR WHAT EVER PARTY WE CAN DO IT LETS HAVE A REVOLUTION AND TURN OUR SITUATION AROUND THIS IS A CALLING AND I KNOW WE INCLUDING MY SELF HAVE THE MONEY TO SUPPORT THIS.YOUTH LETS WAKE UP
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by BigB11(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
What form of neo-mediocrity are u preaching here, please next preach this 2 your family, i think it mite help em better

@idupaul:

What are you talking about?
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by emiemi(f): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
his_grace:

anyone who says we shold call back the colonial masters is nothing but a cow.
Sorry o, mr grace tell me honestly whether if u are given an opportunity to travel outside of this country to europe or US u will refuse? Why would u want to do that? Aren't u enjoying this country enuff? 24hrs power, smooth roads, fuel is available and cheap for the citizenry, school standards are high (not just tuition in the case of our present day higher institution), food is cheap and available to everyone (people living above that poverty line). Anyway, I leave u with u ''goatish'' ideas.

Skyblue and jibitoye, I feel u much. You understand the plight that we are in and the way to go. Even the bible says if the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous (or anybody for that matter) do? If we cannot get it right by ourselves after 48 yrs , i feel we should seek external help. As for me,  I'm trying to keep my head up in a society that tends to make u question your own sanity and mypeople if i have the opportunity to leave, i will 'gbe ja'. That's my own.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by emiemi(f): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2008
his_grace:

anyone who says we shold call back the colonial masters is nothing but a cow.
Sorry o, mr grace tell me honestly whether if u are given an opportunity to travel outside of this country to europe or US u will refuse? Why would u want to do that? Aren't u enjoying this country enuff? 24hrs power, smooth roads, fuel is available and cheap for the citizenry, school standards are high (not just tuition in the case of our present day higher institution), food is cheap and available to everyone (people living above that poverty line). Anyway, I leave u with u ''goatish'' ideas.

Skyblue and jibitoye, I feel u much. You understand the plight that we are in and the way to go. Even the bible says if the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous (or anybody for that matter) do? If we cannot get it right by ourselves after 48 yrs , i feel we should seek external help. As for me,  I'm trying to keep my head up in a society that tends to make u question your own sanity and mypeople if i have the opportunity to leave, i will 'gbe ja'. That's my own.  lipsrsealed
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by moseshola(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
It is unfortunate that this country again and again keep setting bad precedence. Yar'adua a person seem to me to be the best president Nigeria has ever had. what disturbs me really is the process through which he came to power. However the bottom line is that lets allow peace to reign.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by emiemi(f): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
his_grace:

emiemi - you're a buffon or a boffun - choose one before i talk to u!
I agree with you tha u are a "BIG" buffon and there's nothing i can do about it, sorry. grin
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Binary(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2008
vanesa:

MY OWN 99.999 AND MOST IMPORTANT CENT!
WHY DON'T WE THE YOUNTH FORM OUR OWN PARTY OR IS THERE NO POLITICALLY ABLE YOUTH WITH EXPERIENCE IN NIGERIA ? WE THE YOUTH ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT WE ARE LACKING IN NIGERIA WE ALONE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA FOR OUR SELVES OUR UNBORN KIDS,WE ALONE CAN BRING PRIDE TO NIGERIA WE SHOULD NOT SLEEP AND FOLD OUR HAND HOPING FOR THE SUN TO SHINE ONE DAY THE DAY IS HERE LETS WAKE UP AND FORM A YOUTH PARTY OR WHAT EVER PARTY WE CAN DO IT LETS HAVE A REVOLUTION AND TURN OUR SITUATION AROUND THIS IS A CALLING AND I KNOW WE INCLUDING MY SELF HAVE THE MONEY TO SUPPORT THIS.YOUTH LETS WAKE UP

YOU ARE RIGHT, LET US NOT FOLD OUR HANDS AND WATCH OUR OLD MEN  GAMLLING US IN DARKNESS. LET THE YOUTH TEAM UP AND FORM OUR OWN PARTY. AFTER ALL IS "WE" THE YOUTH THEY USED TO MANIPUNATE THE ELECTION. I BELIEVED WE CAN DO BETTER THAN OUR OLD MEN.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yar'adua a person seem to me to be the best president Nigeria has ever had. what disturbs me really is the process through which he came to power. However the bottom line is that lets allow peace to reign.

What yard stick did you use to declare this, was it the SLOW MOTION yardstick?
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by BigB11(m): 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
WHY DON'T WE THE YOUNTH FORM OUR OWN PARTY OR IS THERE NO POLITICALLY ABLE YOUTH WITH EXPERIENCE IN NIGERIA ?

@vanesa:
The youth are worst!
They usually stay focused for the first few months before being brainwashed.

Our problems are clear and solution to this problems is simple; but nobody has the balls to claim the responsibility.
My recommendation is the only way, trust me!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Ttola(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ vanesa;

i don't think the problem nigeria has or the cause of its problems lies within a generational bracket,,
both the young the old, the youths and elders are as good and bad as themselves,

example;; we all know about university unions and thier leaders,  hw malicious they are and only tend for self gratification,
the one not in the unoins are those that commit internet frauds, money rituals or are touts,
those not in this two groups are those who feel they have a career and wll only get involved in politics after the are satisfied with their achievements,

which does not accertain the problem lies with the age of these leaders.,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by emiemi(f): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
moses-hola:

It is unfortunate that this country again and again keep setting bad precedence. Yar'adua a person seem to me to be the best president Nigeria has ever had. what disturbs me really is the process through which he came to power. However the bottom line is that lets allow peace to reign.

U got the point, PRECEDENCE. It's clear that we are merely following the precedence that has been set without trying to change it. We are cowardly clamouring for peace where it is obvious we need war. (PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE IS COWARDICE). What we need is total renewal of our thought process and a move in the positive direction. A spade is a spade for goodness sake. So, let's say it as it is, we are not capable of ruling ourselves, WE NEED HELP URGENTLY.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by BigB11(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
The only solution to our mighty problems in Nigeria:

Solution to corruption in Nigeria:

I will put together a group of 50 independent delegates from everywhere in Nigeria, with substantial clearances. Their job is to identify each and every government official that stole from 1980 through 2007.
For a successful outcome, names of these individuals will be made confidential. How much each stole will also be determined.

Each individual will be privately contacted; based on how much individual stole, money to be returned back to Nigeria Federal Government will be determined. All identified corrupt individuals have an option to return specified amount of money with absolutely no question or face uncompromised punishment.
Deadline to return this specified amount of money will also be specified.

After the expiration of the deadline, all individual that cooperated will be pardoned immediately by the Federal Government; while the names of the rest that refused to cooperate will be revealed to the public and they will also be severely punished (eg. 20 years in federal prison and all their accumulated properties will be confiscated by the Federal Government).

Finally, our Constitution will be reviewed and revised.
From Oct 30, 2008, any individual caught engaging in any corruption activities (regardless of the scale) will be executed at his or her home town.

I will also announce vigorously to the entire country that scapegoat is desperately needed.
Guys: That will be the end of corruption in Nigeria; and new Nigeria will be born in a very short period.
Then, we will all witness the real career dedicated politicians, while the business politicians/ business police men will dissolve one at a time

With love, Big B1
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2008
YOu know what I knew this was going to happen. I knew it would be too good to be true for things to go exactly the way they ought to in that country. Where is Skyblue and his faith in the judiciary system of Nigeria , OH THE HORROR!!!! You got my hopes up that maybe things were finally changing but now , see what you did, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by BigB11(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
It will take less than 4 samples (scapegoats) for the message to get across to Nigerians!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by IHWABA: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2008
I am not suprised at the verdict. In fact i expect them to do so . Why do you think Yar'adua has been slugish for the past 9 months? And why the recent award to justice Kutigi and the appointment of the electoral tribunal Chairman as the chief justice of the supreme court.  It was to consolidate his position. Only God can save Nigeria from our present mess.
But guys, i think it is high time we stop excusing attrocitis  of this magnitude that they were meant for peacein. What has has happened will still happen come 2011. Let just pray that this nation will not turn to ashes one day because some few caucuse that want to hold us as prisoners forever
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by chan0110: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
who did u expect to win, atiku?, dat born thief, the man chop money pass obasanjo. or buhari? who ruled n failed? anyways i see yaradua to be better than any president we ever had, wether na obasanjo put am or not, besides obasanjo knew better than to put the likes of him. i think some of u shld go thru yaradua's profile.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Amuke(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
Hi All,
We Nigerian seem to have a skewed definition of "Justice", When we win a case, then "Justice" is done, but if we lose, then it is not "Justice"
I am not a lawyer but i understand that technicalities could make one lose a case, OJ Simpson was watched on US National TV running away from the law before he was caught, but just because the "glove did not fit" he was acquited.
We have to learn to accept the verdict even if we do not agree with it. I sincerely thought the election was going to be canceled but it was not, so let us support our president to develope our nation and put this behind us.
If the parties involved still feel agrieved, the the Supreme Court is there.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2008
i think some of u shld go through yaradua's profile.

I tried going through it and i couldn't , it seem to be written in SLOW MOTION wink wink wink
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2008
Amuke:

Hi All,
We Nigerian seem to have a skewed definition of "Justice", When we win a case, then "Justice" is done, but if we lose, then it is not "Justice"
I am not a lawyer but i understand that technicalities could make one lose a case, OJ Simpson was watched on US National TV running away from the law before he was caught, but just because the "glove did not fit" he was acquited.
We have to learn to accept the verdict even if we do not agree with it. I sincerely thought the election was going to be canceled but it was not, so let us support our president to develope our nation and put this behind us.
If the parties involved still feel agrieved, the the Supreme Court is there.

I understand where you are coming from and I do agree with you on the whole myopic view people have sometimes when it comes to what constitutes justice especially when they are personally involved but I believe it is clear in this case that the petition should have not been thrown out but the situation investigated and evidence supporting their move be presented the Nigerian people. From the much I have read of the case, as of 11:12 am my time, I do not believe any information is going to be provided the people on why and how they, the judges, arrived at such a decision, I shall continue to read on ,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by fyneguy: 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2008
@his_grace

It's either you are an ignorant teen or a senile old man.

You relocated to London, so that the 'colonial masters' could provide what Nigerian leaders couldnt give you here. I challenge you to come back to Nigeria and let's see if you wont be miserable again.

@big B1

Fair enough, I mentioned in my post that obj created more problems for Yaradua which made things worse. However, Yaradua doesn't have the intellectual capacity, will, vigour, and commitment to make any considerable change. He's a reluctant President. You may want to conduct a research on leaders who were dragged to the scene.

If you live in Lagos, you might understand what I mean. The present Lagos state Governor is an example of a leader who knows what to do with political power. If the governor were to be in Yaradua's shoes, I bet he would embark on aggressive developmental projects that would impact on the masses.

Yaradua probably thinks Nigeria is just like Katsina state he governed- the challenges were next to nothing.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by CrudeOil2(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2008
A judicial malpractice by the tribunal. I am totally shocked and dumbfounded. After spending billions of naira on elections that were rigged, all the judges could say was that there was not enough evidence to nullify the election.
Buhari and Atiku should go to the supreme court for a redress.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
He's a reluctant President.

enuff said, can i get a big SLOW MO
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by cola: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
Sometimes one doesn't understand what people want. They want demlcracy but they can't settle down with court rulings! OK the election was FLAWED, even the president acknowledged that much. But the law as democracy practises it is not about reality, rather it's abt what can be proved! That's why it's said that the Law is an Ass!
Even if the judges know for certain thta the elections were rigged, if the challengers counsels cannot provide good enough evidence, then too bad, the judges have to rule on evidence, not their own wishes or YOUR wishes or The PUBLIC wishes for that matter!

Have you not heard of cases where everybody knows someone has committed murder but because the prosecuting counsel aren' smart enough OR the defence counsel is too shrewd for the prosecutor, the murderer is let loose, even when the judge hates to let him go. THAT'S WHAT YOUR LAW IS ALL ABOUT! and by extension THAT'S WHAT DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT!
We should just be consoled that at least the beneficiary here is a decent man and one that has good intent and maybe hopefully the strongwill and ability to better Nigeria's lot. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DEATH HAS FORGOTTEN ME: 180yrs Oldest Man Laments (pix) / Swearing-in Of Lawmakers Not Constitutional But Ceremonial- Sen. Abe / First Massive Nationwide Protests To Hold On The 5th Of February, 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.