Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,316 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1270745 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
actually, mess with a cleavor rhymes with register jesus
hahaha. because i siad shady did it u're quick to say it's correct. If i said it was me who did it, i'm sure you would rebuke me.

He rhymed "cleaver" with "jesus"

isn't it d same as me rhyming "water" with "cautious"?

@ jreyez.... Eminem is the king of sick multisyllabic rhyming. He can't be wrong. English is his native language.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

hahaha. because i siad shady did it u're quick to say it's correct. If i said it was me who did it, i'm sure you would rebuke me.

@ jreyez.... Eminem is the king of sick multisyllabic rhyming. He can't be wrong. English is his native language.
Multi-syllabic? Em is good but not as perfect and as careful as Rakim in rhyming.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

I go listen.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

I would say cautious goes with promise/office/flawless
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
I would say cautious goes with promise/office/flawless
cool.....

Then "jesus" also goes with;

freezes, eases, pizzas. Etc. Right?

so why did shady rhyme jesus with cleaver?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
kr0ne:

Multi-syllabic? Em is good but not as perfect and as careful as Rakim in rhyming.
Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life? embarassed
kr0ne:

Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

cool.....
the question is how did shady rhyme jesus with cleaver?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

English is his native so he can't be wrong? Dude which century do you live in?? Wtf
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Geoxpress(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Elymax, nice verse.

Err, cautious and water do rhyme actually bt... Barely. Shoe stock and gudluck rhyme, but not perfectly. Then again, perfect rhyming sucks for me.

Read : "I'm cautious of this, so I put some water on it'
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
kr0ne:

lol @ careful as rakim.

We all have different tastes. For me, when it comes to multi-syllabic rhyming, em is second to none.
The way he stringes his rhymes together is always scintilating nd tantalizing to the hear.
Em is the only one that could use 2, 3 rhyme scheme simultaneously in a verse nd still keep the rhythm nd flow. I don't know how, but he does this in such a lovely way grin.

He did this in the third verse of "the monster".

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

cool.....

It's called slant rhyming. Jesus rhymes with Clever (G-zuz) (CLI_VUR)
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Geoxpress:
Elymax, nice verse.

Err, cautious and water do rhyme actually bt... Barely. Shoe stock and gudluck rhyme, but not perfectly. Then again, perfect rhyming sucks for me.

Read : "I'm cautious of this, so I put some water on it'
he used cautious and water at the end not like this.. it rhymes this way
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
cautious and waters?

It rhymes slightly when i do my british impression

but cautious and water...the vowel sound in the 'ter' part of water is almost silent with my british accent. I think the pluralised form helped accentuate the vowel. I dunno. I be aje parki Nigerian. So i'm undecided on it sha
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life? embarassed Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life?
Haha! Smh for the new generation.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
the question is how did shady rhyme jesus with cleaver?
the answer was formerly stated at the inception of this whole issue.

He used them both as end rhymes.

Mess with a cleaver/ ....... Register jesus/
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

eminem slants his words to make such words rhyme. sometimes, he uses weird accents to achieve perfect rhyming. i don't think you should be doing it cos this is a written exam!

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life? embarassed Rakim kini? has Rakim done 10 syllabic rhyme in his life?

The act of rhyming shouldn't be judged on longer strings but rather on accuracy. If both parties being compared have a high degree of accurate rhyming, then you can use strings to separate them.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
liricyst:

The act of rhyming shouldn't be judged on longer strings but rather on accuracy. If both parties being compared have a high degree of accurate rhyming, then you can use strings to separate them.
what is accurate rhyming? we talking bout multies here.. and who says em doesn't rhyme accurately?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

eminem slants his words to make such words rhyme. sometimes, he uses weird accents to achieve perfect rhyming . i don't think you should be doing it cos this is a written exam!

Max you see my point.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
jreyez:

English is his native so he can't be wrong? Dude which century do you live in?? Wtf
what tribe do you belong to? Are you telling me that it's possible for you not to know how a word in ur local dialect is pronounced?
The language with which you were born n bred with?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Geoxpress(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
007Bruce:
he used cautious and water at the end not like this.. it rhymes this way
U mean something like this?

... Break ya head, cus u were never cautious/
Blood flows, u think the men are water/?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

what tribe do you belong to? Are you telling me that it's possible for you not to know how a word in ur local dialect is pronounced?
The language with which you were born n bred with?

Dude wtf happened to getting schooled? Or white guys don't get schooled because English na their native?
What happened to Rhythm and poetry?... Smh.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
jreyez:

Dude wtf happened to getting schooled? Or white guys don't get schooled because English na their native?
What happened to Rhythm and poetry?... Smh.
chai smh. So you didnt do yoruba, igbo or hausa language in school?
Does that mean you couldn't SPEAK ur language before learning it in school. Or do you mean you wouldn't be able to speak ur language if you didn't learn it in school?
Fact is, school or no school, language SPEAKING are learnt at home nd in the environment where one grows.

Language study are only just EMPHASIZED in schools.

Some of these gangster rappers never saw the four walls of a classroom before they started spitting sleek rhymes, dude.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Geoxpress(m): 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

eminem slants his words to make such words rhyme. sometimes, he uses weird accents to achieve perfect rhyming. i don't think you should be doing it cos this is a written exam!
True.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

chai smh. So you didnt do yoruba, igbo or hausa language in school?
Does that mean you couldn't SPEAK ur language before learning it in school. Or do you mean you wouldn't be able to speak ur language if you didn't learn it in school?
Fact is, school or no school, language SPEAKING are learnt at home nd in the environment where one grows.

Language study are only just EMPHASIZED in schools.

Some of these gangster rappers never saw the four walls of a classroom before they started spitting sleek rhymes, dude.

First and foremost, I'm not from this part of Africa.
Secondly, we ain't talking bout words pronunciation no more, we talking poetry,rhythm.. Rap. Rhymes.
Don't confuse me with words pronunciation Pls.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

lmao. So what you nd ibime is saying now is that, slants like that shouldn't be in texts? undecided
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Geoxpress(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
Liricyst holla me something abeg.

Btw, this jreyez guy funny Sha. Him be like "what happened to rhythm and poetry?"

Looool grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

lmao. So what you nd ibime is saying now is that, slants like that shouldn't be in texts? undecided

no, it shouldn't be.....
this is a written exam. you had time to prepare so your rhymes should be perfect.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
jreyez:

First and foremost, I'm not from this part of Africa.
really? Which part are you from? smiley

Secondly, we ain't talking bout words pronunciation no more, we talking poetry,rhythm.. Rap. Rhymes.
Don't confuse me with words pronunciation Pls.
i'm not confusing you. You're the one putting urself in a state of perplexity.
You said you laughed hard when you saw me say "cautious" nd "water" rhymed.

Pronunciation is what we're talking here. To know if two words are "rap rhymes" like you said, you have to be familiar with how these words are ultered.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

really? Which part are you from? smiley

i'm not confusing you. You're the one putting urself in a state of perplexity.
You said you laughed hard when you saw me say "cautious" nd "water" rhymed.

Pronunciation is what we're talking here. To know if two words are "rap rhymes" like you said, you have to be familiar with how these words are ultered.

I'm talking rap.... Peace.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

no, it shouldn't be.....
this is a written exam. you had time to prepare so your rhymes should be perfect.
gringringrin..... Aiit.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

gringringrin..... Aiit.

cautious & water do not rhyme!
sometimes, you ought to raise your hands up that you were wrong!

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (1118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.