Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

2013 Consumer Electronics Show - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (1354 Views)

Amazing Tech Inventions Of 2013 / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 / Get Update On Consumer Electronics Show In Las Vegas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Consumer Electronics Show by SisiKill1: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yesterday Jan 8th was Day 1 of Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas seems to be going with the THE BIGGER THE BETTER THEME this yea.

Bigger Phones like the Ascend Mate from Huawei tipping the size scale at 6.1 inches

To get an idea of just how large a 6.1-inch display really is, here is an Ascend Mate next to an iPhone 4S (3.5-inch screen) and an LG Nexus 4 (4.7-inch screen). The Ascend Mate is, uh, in the middle tongue

And the 5'Grand S from ZTE

Bigger TVs - Samsung unveiled their 85 inches Ultra HD TV. (This one is going to need a house of its own but seriously what does anyone need 85' TV for??!!

Bigger Tablets - Panasonic unveils new 20-inch tablet (Okay why would I wanna carry a TV around? Are these people fogetting the reason the tablets are popular is because of their teeny tiny size?)

Not sure about you but for me. . .there is nothing particularly inviting about the latest set of BIGGIES these companies are going for.

Based on those futuristic movies, things are supposed to be smaller in the future. . .not bigger. angry
Re: 2013 Consumer Electronics Show by SisiKill1: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Samsung also unveiled its updated KN55F9500 Oled TV the opposite aka The Marriage Saver

Yep, that's right. . .was you marriage on the brink of breaking because you and you spouse can't decide who gets to watch first what first? Do you play rock, paper, scissors to decide what to watch? Do you feel distanced from your spouse because you are watching two different shows in two different rooms?

Have no fear. . . Samsung is here. . .

[img]http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1524648.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Samsung+UHD+TV[/img]

It’s a gorgeous 55-inch OLED TV, which, without going too deep into tech specs, means the colors are especially inky and rich, and video is completely fluid. The hook is that it’s also a multi-view set, which means that, using special 3-D glasses that have earphones built in, two viewers can sit in front of the set and watch completely different programs at the same time – even 1080p 3D video.

Lenovo revealed the Horizon, a 27-inch touchscreen PC/tablet hybrid that's as much a coffee table surface as it is a computer.

[img]http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1524646.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Lenovo+Horizon[/img]

One of last year’s most impressive new technologies on show was a monitor developed by Swedish company Tobii which featured eyeball-tracking technology, letting you control your cursor on a Windows PC just by focusing your eyes on the screen instead of using a mouse (Gasps! I want this!)

[img]http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1524645.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Tobii+Rex[/img]

Another Panasonic innovation on show was a set of groundbreaking new bone conduction Bluetooth headphones which connect to your TV or audio device like a normal set of wireless cans. However instead of using your ears, the headphones work like hearing aids by transmitting sound waves via your cheekbones, delivering audio straight to your head.(What the )

Re: 2013 Consumer Electronics Show by SisiKill1: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
Day 2 brings the unveiling of more BIG SMARTPHONES (They are getting ridiculous now)

A phablet cameo with the LG Optimus Vu II

Lenovo's K900 goes big on size and power

The two sides to YotaPhone - A phone for the indecisive
You've never seen a smartphone quite like this before, with full-fledged Android on the front and battery-saving e-ink in the rear.

I spoke too soon, the Yotaphone is impressive!!!
Re: 2013 Consumer Electronics Show by SisiKill1: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Oy! So many new Gadgets. . .I can't keep up!!

if you are interested, CNET has everything you need to know about this year's show.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Simple Homemade Black Powder(gunpowder) - From A Yoruba Hunter. / Where Can I Purchase Medical Supplies? / Check Out These Pencil Drawings. By My Girlfriend. Please Rate It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.