Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? (1474 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? / Christmas Should be Replaced! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Sirgen05(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2013
[b][/b] Will the printed Bible soon be a thing of d past? Out of fashion? I doubt! Inasmuch as advent of TV, satellites, internet have not totally replaced Radio! And Handset Wrist watch.
It's common these days to see people on pews & pulpits carrying digital bible on their smartphones, ipad & other e-devices. Do u mind if ur Reverend Priest or Pastor climb the pulpit with ipad or other e-gadgets to conduct Mass or Worship service?
Those who use it argue that it's portable and grant you access to many translations at once. Some persons have fear the electronic device may develop fault or battery runs down while in use, others argued that it's worldly, as The Bible identifies one as a christian! The question is: Does carrying big or small printed(paper) bible adds anything to ur holiness? Definitely Not! Neither does digital! U are not saved by The Bible but by Christ in You!
The major issue is whether d Word is in ur Heart. Are u a doer? Not a carrier or hearer ONLY! However, if the reason you wrap your Bible with newspaper, or put in d pocket or use digital bible while going to Church is because you are ashame or shy to carry the printed version, then your Faith has a Question mark!
Personally, I use d e-gadget for personal studies, or when I'm not with the printed version. I regard The Bible highly as a SACRED BOOK hence I take the Printed version to worship service. I relish in flipping through the Sacred Pages!
That's my view, pls have your say!

1 Like

Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by bigx(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2013
Sirgen05: [b][/b] Will the printed Bible soon be a thing of d past? Out of fashion? I doubt! Inasmuch as advent of TV, satellites, internet have not totally replaced Radio! And Handset Wrist watch.
It's common these days to see people on pews & pulpits carrying digital bible on their smartphones, ipad & other e-devices. Do u mind if ur Reverend Priest or Pastor climb the pulpit with ipad or other e-gadgets to conduct Mass or Worship service?
Those who use it argue that it's portable and grant you access to many translations at once. Some persons have fear the electronic device may develop fault or battery runs down while in use, others argued that it's worldly, as The Bible identifies one as a christian! The question is: Does carrying big or small printed(paper) bible adds anything to ur holiness? Definitely Not! Neither does digital! U are not saved by The Bible but by Christ in You!
The major issue is whether d Word is in ur Heart. Are u a doer? Not a carrier or hearer ONLY! However, if the reason you wrap your Bible with newspaper, or put in d pocket or use digital bible while going to Church is because you are ashame or shy to carry the printed version, then your Faith has a Question mark!
Personally, I use d e-gadget for personal studies, or when I'm not with the printed version. I regard The Bible highly as a SACRED BOOK hence I take the Printed version to worship service. I relish in flipping through the Sacred Pages!

The 10 commandments where on stone, the first bible books where on scrolls and papyrus, there's nothing wrong in advancing with technology.
Its misplaced envy that brings people's issues with the ipads and co.
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by destinedtee(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2013
There is nothing wrong with using digital bible.The bible was initially on scrolls before it was eventually printed on paper.If not for the technology of printing,just imagine how inconvenient it will be for us to go about with scrolls to church,office,etc.Now technology has further advanced from the prints to digital which makes it much easier to access the contents of the scriptures.You can have a lot of bible versions on your phone,computer and other electronic gadgets.Isn't this wonderful? cheesy The primary issue is reading, meditating and doing the Word.The means of doing that,be it via scrolls,printed paper(we can even decide to write out the whole bible in a notebook if we like grin)or digital(phones,iPad,desktop,laptop etc) does not matter.The major and primary issue is this'BE THE DOER OF THE WORD' smiley smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2013
Ummm, God wrote the first commandments on stones...

Maybe you should take stones to church..
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by An0nimus: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2013
Sirgen05: Will the printed Bible soon be a thing of d past? Out of fashion? I doubt! Inasmuch as advent of TV, satellites, internet have not totally replaced Radio! And Handset Wrist watch.
Well said. A good number of Christians fall in this category.
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by tpia5: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
No, @ topic.
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Ay92(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Even though I prefer my e-bible,I love the swagger of carrying my paper bible with me,hearing gossippers whispering to themselves-that guy is a good christian
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by tobechi74: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bible is bible
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ay92: Even though I prefer my e-bible,I love the swagger of carrying my paper bible with me,hearing gossippers whispering to themselves-that guy is a good christian
I BET YOU LIKE PRAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE YOU *SMDH AT THIS PHARISEE*
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by tpia5: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
i just like the paper version although i use the e-version occasionally.

but i need the internet sometimes when i do that, for cross referencing whereas i dont always, with the paper one.

1 Like

Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Ay92(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
obadiah777: I BET YOU LIKE PRAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE YOU *SMDH AT THIS PHARISEE*
I'm only trying to catch some fun through that statement,I hate it when people pray out loud and even as you've already said,only the pharisees does that.God bless you

1 Like

Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Ay92(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
When there was power outage during program this evening,I regretted not going to church with my e-bible because I couldn't read through the texts in my paper bible.I think that's another advantage of the e-bible,somehow.
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ay92: I'm only trying to catch some fun through that statement,I hate it when people pray out loud and even as you've already said,only the pharisees does that.God bless you
GOD BLESS YOU TOO BROTHER.
Re: Has The Digital Bible Replaced The Printed Version? by Ay92(m): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
obadiah777: GOD BLESS YOU TOO BROTHER.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Call This,_________ ? / Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! / Breaking News....is This The Rapture ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.