Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? (25089 Views)

Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / Pastor Chris: Christ In You The Hope Of Glory! / The Photo Of The Bleeding Statue Of Jesus Christ In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by yokiti: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2013
The trend is now to greet your fellow christians Merry Xmas and not Merry Christmas as it was known to be. Methink its only in mathematical equations that we are asked to find the value of X or are we now solving equations in christianity now? Why do we have to replace the root word Christ with letter X in the word Christmas?
Merry Christmas to all nairalanders.
May we all celebrate many more of it in good health and prosperity as well as fulfilment of purpose.
Felize Navidad!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by adeoladrg(m): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2013
We use X to replace words that start from 'ch'. xtic, xter, xtian.

So merry christmas fellow nairalander$! More success, more money, plenty enjoyment..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by benny4wax(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2013
i agree with u op, i dont c a reason for that.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Redlyn: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2013
Christians just attached Jesus to an existing festive period the Winter Solstice, appropriated it, and now acting like the real owners.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Op watin you talk, I nor hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by holatin(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Op pls get a job before you litter nairaland with unimportant post

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by mifavour(f): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
nothing wey no go be problem. oya merry Christmas

7 Likes

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Truckpusher(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Some ignorant church dude would be screaming 'anti christ' cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
since last year.. Mods there is God ooo shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by mcmukoko12(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
z
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by vizkiz: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
maybe because christmas is too Xclusive tongue

Brb,lemmie ask from Dj xclusive grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Reading....

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Maczeelly(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Thinking

And the answer is

MERRY CHRISTMAS NLars

1 Like

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by kevoh(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas jare! tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by snowland(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2014
Happy Xmas, oh sorry, Merry Christmas.
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by romzyxy(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2014
adeoladrg:

and any word aving d sound ka or cha, kri or cri

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by scribble: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2014
Because x marks the spot
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2014
blame it on GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by emmabest2000(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2014
Hmm...

1 Like

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Rapsainot(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2014

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2014
ok....next post please
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by mentorandfriend(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
The catholic church celebrates a mass on 25th december every year to honour the birth of Christ. Thus Christ-Mass. Today, the world has removed the Principal (God) in many things and taken the Principal's principles. Funny enough, you'll still succeed if you embrace the principles of God without serving God. No wonder most people would rather say Oh my gosh to Oh my God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Janeify(f): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
yokiti:
The trend is now to greet your fellow christians Merry Xmas and not Merry Christmas as it was known to be. Methink its only in mathematical equations that we are asked to find the value of X or are we now solving equations in christianity now? Why do we have to replace the root word Christ with letter X in the word Christmas?
Merry Christmas to all nairalanders.
May we all celebrate many more of it in good health and prosperity as well as fulfilment of purpose.
Felize Navidad!
Nawah oo.

This guy might have forgotten about this thread and here it is grin

Started from the bottom, now you're here cheesy
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Pajames4all: 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
SMS directly to your target location and people. Maximize your campaign and advertizement. Get verified INEC GSM numbers for LGA, STATE & NATION WIDE database. Simply name your price & grab yours now! .Use our verified GSM numbers with NAME, GENDER, AGE, LGA, STATE (nationwide database) Get yours now! https://www.facebook.com/notes/ogbonnaya-christian/over-80-million-numbers-sorted-by-namesexstate-lgas-these-are-not-auto-generated/593626810768611 100% Verified Nationwide LGA phone NOs Database Available.
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
undecided wetin concern me. . . Well i've to use dis medium to make a big shout out to [size=40] My parents, i luv u mum, big shout out to my brothers, n to everyone who made me smile this year, big tanchu cheesy [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by tobaflexy(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
To me dat is d sign of cross
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by jammyunn(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2014
It is very wrong to use 'X'. It shows lack of respect. None of us would want our names to be misspelt.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by PerfumeRepublik: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2014
adeoladrg:
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2014
mentorandfriend:
The catholic church celebrates a mass on 25th december every year to honour the birth of Christ. Thus Christ-Mass. Today, the world has removed the Principal (God) in many things and taken the Principal's principles. Funny enough, you'll still succeed if you embrace the principles of God without serving God. No wonder most people would rather say Oh my gosh to Oh my God.

haven't you misplaced coment?
Re: Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2014
Op,The Lord Understands the reason why it is so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Pastor Forgives Thief Who Broke Into Church Office To Steal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.