Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Dear Parents In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dear Parents In Islam (7613 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Parents In Islam by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
If You can take your children for Shopping, Then why can't you take them to nearby Masjid.?

If you can wake them Up for a long journey, Then why can't you wake them up for Fajar.?

If you can buy them stories and comics, Why can't you buy them translated Quran and hadith books.?

If you can send them to high class tutions, Then why can't you send them to nearby Madrasa?

If you have time to watch movies with them, Then why don't you have a bit time to spend with them for islamic lecturers.

Remember, the true knowledgeable person is the one who spends His time, health and wealth for the benefit in Akhira and not For this 3days Duniya.

May Allah protect Us from the Fithnas of this World and Keep us firm in Deen , Aameen

46 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by maclatunji: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
^Saw this on Google+, thought it would be nice to share.

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Valiantvaliant(m): 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
4 words . . . .
Indoctrination
at
its
peak.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by marabout(m): 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
true
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
If you can accompany your child to Bornu(Boko State), you can as well murder him/her yourself.
Wow..4th to comment.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by marabout(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
Valiantvaliant: .

Is that an attempt at FTC?
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Maidamma: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jazakallahu
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Ramcie(f): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice food for thought. Jazakallahu Khairan

2 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Valiantvaliant(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
marabout:

Is that an attempt at FTC?
since someone commented before me, i needed to be second to comment by any means necessary.
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by tobechi74: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
maclatunji: If You can take your children for Shopping, Then why can't you take them to nearby Masjid.?

If you can wake them Up for a long journey, Then why can't you wake them up for Fajar.?

If you can buy them stories and comics, Why can't you buy them translated Quran and hadith books.?

If you can send them to high class tutions, Then why can't you send them to nearby Madrasa?

If you have time to watch movies with them, Then why don't you have a bit time to spend with them for islamic lecturers.

Remember, the true knowledgeable person is the one who spends His time, health and wealth for the benefit in Akhira and not For this 3days Duniya.

May Allah protect Us from the Fithnas of this World and Keep us firm in Deen , Aameen

because we dont want them to be bokoharam and alquaeda

11 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Valiantvaliant(m): 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
tobechi74: because we dont want them to be bokoharam and alquaeda
anyone that can deduce the meaning of my first comment will know that this is its opposite.
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Amee1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice post may Allah acept our ibadat.

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by GentleNaaz(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
advice 4m an Igbo dude 2 muslim parents for dia pikn
1. If u cn buy dm toy gun remember dy grow up for suicide bombn
2. If u tell dm islam is d best, remember hell awaits both of u
3. Tel dm 2 accept Jesus christ n heaven is assured
4. Otua ka oha m na onu

9 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by tellwisdom: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ramcie: Nice food for thought. Jazakallahu Khairan

Can you marry me..Im a christain

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by dridowu: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
May ALLAH increase your knowledge
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by stacomaster(m): 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
This post has be hidden undecided
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Ramcie(f): 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
tellwisdom:

Can you marry me..Im a christain

Which kain marriage proposal be this Anyway, the answer is NO.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by romanlaw(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
What if after doing the above and they still slaughter fellow humans like fowls and get employed as Boko Haram suicide bombers?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
Gentle Naaz: advice 4m an Igbo dude 2 muslim parents for dia pikn
4. Otua ka oha m na onu

get a life loser

7 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by SamConquer(m): 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
BULLSHITTTTT I JUST WASTED 2MB ENTERING THIS PAGE. angry

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by chakula: 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
Good sharing excerpt, my Allah strength us and makes our believe firm throughout our living in the Earth and Hereafter would be more entertain Amen.
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by rusep: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thank you very much, may Allah reward you.
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by tbaba1234: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
There are a lot of fundamental problems with muslim parents (and parents in general) in this age... You find parents watching movies with their kids that have inappropriate scenes, parents do not vet what their kids are exposed to. Nollywood movies are the greatest culprit here. What would have been pG 18 10 years is now PG, it shows an erosion of our value system.

As parents, it is your responsibility to guide your kids.

I wrote this a while back

https://www.nairaland.com/1066918/fitrah-charting-course-young

The Fitrah, Charting A Course For The Young....

I am at a stage in my life that i have begun to worry about these things because i feel that in our societies, the fitrah is constantly under attack.My worry is for myself, my future kids and young muslim children who will experience a lot more than we have ever experienced. I feel it is a crisis situation...

We can pray five times a day, memorize the Qu'ran, wear the hijab, grow a beard but all of these will just be shallow physical activities if our fitrah is dead...

So how do we tell if our fitrah is dying or dead?

When watching a movie, do you see inappropriate scene and it doesn't bother you? If that is the case, your fitrah is dying...

Do you watch the news and see people dying but change the channel to watch some comedy show? Your fitrah is dead....

Do you listen to people talking badly about another without compassion for that person? Do you contribute to the discussion by bashing the person as well? Your fitrah is dying or dead....

Allah says in the Quran (roughly translated):

5:41 O Messenger. let not those grieve thee, who race each other into disbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith;......

Our beliefs transcend physical actions, we must also be willing to guard our hearts and the hearts of the young from corruption... We have to look inside and see what kinds of persons, we have become... Our sense of decency and humanity has to be evaluated constantly and it can only be done by ourselves..

Allah created all human beings with an innate disposition to truth, decency, gratitude, mercy and compassion but young muslim children are exposed to so much filth at really early ages. It does not matter whether they go to school, arabic school or are home schooled, it does not matter if they have all of the Quran memorised .... They will be exposed to so much... The 'scum' industry for instance is worth more than google, microsoft and all these technological giants combined. Your once innocent baby would lose its innocence someday, parents and aspiring parents must be prepared for this....

I have a number of practical suggestions based on my personal reflections and from lectures i have listened to to help preserve at least some part of the fitrah of our kids... I hope someone finds this useful....

i. Listen to your children: When yusuf (A.S) had a dream, the first person he spoke to, was his father. This is not just coincidental, a relationship must have been built between father and son such that the son felt comfortable telling his father about his dream... The fact that young boys are usually closer to their mothers make this even more remarkable...

The first time, your son comes across a filthy image or inappropriate language, are you the first person he goes to? or would he rather keep it to himself?... We must create an environment that makes this happen.... Actively listen to your children even when they have nothing important to say, make it a habit to listen to them such that they can come to you with even the most trivial issue and get a listening ear... Hopefully, when they have problems in school or with friends, you are their go-to guy/girl....

And remember you are not too busy, your real work begins at home....

ii. Instill in them a sense of purpose and responsibility: It is important to help your young children realize that Allah put them on the earth for a reason and they should find whatever they are good at and give it to Allah... The older kids should have a sense of responsibility over the younger ones, you have to instill in them the willingness to act like leaders when they are with the younger ones...

iii. Good company: Be around people that make you a better person... Help your kid grow up in an environment where they will be surrounded by people that will make them better... Even if you have to move....

iv. Practical examples: It is easy to tell your child that the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was very charitable but what those that mean in real life.... It means the child must be willing to give away her/his favorite toy to the needy... Take your kids shopping to buy gifts for their cousins and not for themselves.... Help them understand the practicality of been charitable.... You are instilling something in them.... Many times, we indulge ourselves and our kids, this destroys our sense of gratitude.. It kills our fitrah... Let them get used to getting stuff for other people.

v. Respect: In our societies, there is nothing that is held up in regard. Everything is subject to ridicule.... We must try to instill in our kids a sense of respect for their elders whether related or unrelated, their teachers, cultures and races.... We have to lead by example in this regard and show them that not everything is open for ridicule.

vi. Reflection: We have to raise kids that are people of reflection, this can be done by exposure to literature that would broaden their horizons.... Fortunately, we have an incredible resource in the Quran. Have regular discussions with the family about ayahs of the Qu'ran based on scholarly references... You do not have to read a tafseer to them, just regular, normal discussions....You will begin to see the world differently as every event would reminds you of an ayah in the Qu'ran.... This has worked for me personally.

I felt i had to share this, i hope someone finds some benefit in it...

4 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by tellwisdom: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ramcie:

Which kain marriage proposal be this Anyway, the answer is NO.

Dont mind it being a public proposal...Na so i want am..change ur mind wink wink
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by aryzgreat: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
if u can take them to silverbird y not take them to watch jihad film?

if u can drive them in a western produced SUV while not put them on carmel?

if u can take them to lagos why not take them to maidugri or damaturu?

if u can buy them laptops and i-pad y not buy the slate for arabic scribbles?

if u can tell the jews and christians are alwiya y not tell them muslims are ......... undecided

if if if mtcheww make i shyt i dey come

i may not see dis post again b4 i come back

3 Likes

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by usoofdbest: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
well said brother may Allah assist us all
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by anishe(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jazakhumullah. May Allah reward you abundantly.
For the haters, please get a life.
Re: Dear Parents In Islam by MusicCafe: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
Gentle Naaz: advice 4m an Igbo dude 2 muslim parents for dia pikn
4. Otua ka oha m na onu

This is just so wrong...your hatred will not give you peace

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents In Islam by MusicCafe: 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
SamConquer: BULLSHITTTTT I JUST WASTED 2MB ENTERING THIS PAGE. angry
Thank you for also wasting a time of your life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Muslims Are So Sexually Active / Al-Razi - Freethinker of the week. Can Al-Razi Really be considered A Muslim? / What Are The Prices Of Qurbani In Your Area? It Might Be Helpful To Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.