Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigerian Accent Vs The British Accent - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Accent Vs The British Accent (5065 Views)

British People Attempt To Speak With A Nigerian Accent (hilarious Video) / British Accent VS American Accent / Nigerian Accent Voted 5th Most Sexiest In The World By CNN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Accent Vs The British Accent by nellaluv(f): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'm proud of my Nigerian accent but to be honest i don't blame those who fake the British or the American accent. I have a friend (lets refer to him as London boy). London boy has a British accent. Anytime London boy speaks, i'll be like 'Speak slowly, i can't understand you', he will then break it down in pidgin English. Ok, i felt embarrassed at first but later got used to it. London boy talks alot and when he speaks the first few words are incomprehensible i'll just be nodding 'yeah yeah, true true' with my Nigerian accent, but be able to decode it after a few seconds. I tried to form the accent, lol, but felt really stupid, the sad part is that i can't even form an accent. I noticed the Nigerian accent when spoken alongside someone with the British accent is kinda sexy. I still like my Nigerian accent tho. What accent do you have or fake to have? smiley smiley
http://nellaluvspot..com/2013/01/nigerian-accent-vs-british-accent.html

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Confession To My Nairaland Friends / The World's Longest Tongue Own By A Girl / Is My Girlfriend Spiritually Possessed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.