Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,036 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger (2103 Views)

Steven Gerrard Slams Balotelli For Taking Penalty / Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion / Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by ritchboy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2008
Larsson Slams 'Idiotic' Wenger:

Former Arsenal player Seb Larsson has branded Arsene Wenger "childish and idiotic" for the way he attacked Martin Taylor after Saturday's Birmingham game. The Swede accused the Gunners of being sore losers.

Wenger, enraged at Taylor's leg-breaking and season-ending tackle on Gunners striker Eduardo, called for the Birmingham defender to be banned from football for life, something he later retracted.

Nevertheless, the comments have angered the Blues, who feel their player is being unfairly victimised for what was an unfortunate but ultimately not a malicious challenge.

Sore Loser Wenger

"It's idiotic and childish for Wenger to say things like that," blasted Seb Larsson, who moved to Birmingham 18 months ago after four seasons with the Gunners.

"Of course it was horrible to see. But everybody who knows Martin would also know he would never hurt anybody on purpose and for Wenger to say things like that just prove he is a sore loser. Then again, his whole team were the same," Larsson added. "Arsenal were in a bad mood all game. They were very unsportsmanlike." Team-mate Stephen Kelly added: "That is disgraceful talk from Arsene Wenger. It is terrible."

This is the second accusation towards Arsenal of being poor losers and sportsmen in a week. Several Gunners players were seen kicking Manchester United's men during their 4-0 FA Cup thumping at Old Trafford.

Goal.com UK

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by McOmo(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2008
what exactly do u hope to gain in creating this thread ? embarassed
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by tkb417(m): 7:34am On Feb 27, 2008
Hes just re-echoing our tots about Wenger. . .
Wenger speaks from his anus most times
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by tosinadeda: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2008
What did u morons expect an human to say after seeing his player injured in such a gory way?
To think that he withdrew d statement afterwards!
Larsson is only being an arse!
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2008
tosinadeda:

What did u morons expect an human to say after seeing his player injured in such a gory way?

Well said jare, if person slap ur mama will u shake his hand? sad
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by ayusman16(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2008
I support that the guy who made the challenge to be banned from football. There is no difference with attempted murder. Can u imagine the gory site.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by texazzpete(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2008
ayusman16:

I support that the guy who made the challenge to be banned from football. There is no difference with attempted murder. Can u imagine the gory site.

Thank Goodness you have no say, then.

tosinadeda:

in the past commentators have called scenes of players appealing to the ref to card a fellow player 'disgraceful'.
Ronaldo was the subject of much derision after the world cup when he got rooney sent off.

So for someone to call on authorities to END someone's hopes, dreams and career for an unfortunate but mistaken challenge is extremely stupid.
If you don't see the irony in omeone calling for a permanent end of a players career for an injury that may heal in a years time, then i can't help you.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by eldee(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2008
tkb417:

Hes just re-echoing our tots about Wenger. . .
Wenger speaks from his anus most times

why u dey fall my hand now?
i didn't expect that from you, haba what will u expect from a manager that just saw his 6.5mil summer signing's ankle bone piercing his stockings
any manager can do that cheesy even science can prove it
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by tosinadeda: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2008
Texazzapate does that make sense?
Sum1 as good as ended eduardo's career!
and ure caln his coach stupid for reacting! Ure an arse
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by Chacal: 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ Eldee,

U gotta admit Wenger goofed for saying Martin Taylor should be banned for life. . .
What was he thinking? Birmingham and Arsenal have a good relationship so why would Wenger spew such trumpery?
The tackle in itself was awful(no doubt about it) but this is football. . . . .ACCIDENTS happen!!!!!
Cisse broke his leg by himself. . . .No one touched him. . . . .so who would u blame for that? The pitch?

Bendtner also reiterated Martin Taylor is not a bad player.
Muamba and Larsson all went on loan to Birmingham before signing a permanent deal. . . .
Wenger should choose his words carefully next time. . . . . .A respected manager like him shouldn't be caught dead hurling crap.
I hope and pray Eduardo gets back ASAP.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by eldee(m): 12:52am On Feb 28, 2008
@chacal
Methinks it was just the spur of the moment that bred that action
He just lost points at Birmingham after his six mill worth-last striking choices looked like sumone that should retire
Methinks every and any manager could have said something that strong in that situation.

Accidents happen, but that does not mean offenders don't get punished
he only made that over-reactive statement because of his psychological state at that moment

He might be a top-rated coach, but beneath all that he's only human, and it's this kind of emotions that prove it
thank God for technology wink
If it happened to Mourinho, swear we'll have heard worse grin grin grin cheesy

Also the fact that he came to apologise, shows the gentleman in him. . .i'll shoot you if you mention pardew grin grin grin grin
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by nazzyon(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2008
No be d first wey them they target the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Saha, and even our new comers.

Na only God dey protect them.

Every player, most especially strikers are always scared of been injured for life.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by texazzpete(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2008
@tosinadeda
Calling me an arse, mate? am i your Dad's namesake? grin
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by Chacal: 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
@ Texazzpete,

That was HARSH!!!!!

Kick, DON'T KILL!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2008
lol
To the Taylor haters out here, at least Eduardo's alive.
Taylor, on the other hand. has to live with death threats, thousands of which have come flooding in from croatia and arsenal fans. Even his wife lives in fear.

is that your idea of Justice? of balance?
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by folahann(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2008
when those idiots fail to make it into the first team, becoming useless and thrown into the trash can; this it is what we get from them.
you know the likes of bentley, aliaderre and their foolish colleauges, see how Muamba was so happy when they scored the free-kick.   Is it a crime to trsin and sell?
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by tosinadeda: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
texazzpete:

@tosinadeda
Calling me an arse, mate? am i your Dad's namesake? grin

nope i think its ur dad on the contrary grin
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by stanech: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2008
why did Keshi said he is sturborn i think the NFA do not want to hire a stuborn coach. They want someone they can dictate for.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by McOmo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
dooh shocked

what has Keshi got to do with this thread ? undecided
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by chidichris(m): 9:37am On Feb 29, 2008
that was the voice of a drowing man(wenger). petr cech was sent packing by Hunt lst season and nobody called for his carrear termination.
wenger has raised the player with numerious red cards in the name of viara and ebue and co are not better in their harsh challanges as we saw when man u humiliated them in the fa cup so why now that his on player is on the recieving end?
wenger shld go and learn how to spend the club's money in buying players so that when one player is out another one will come in.
i wish to remind u gunners that the fa cup is gone, carling cup is gone, premiership and champions league is ur hope so u have to wacth well as going home without spoon or cup this season again will go a long way to show how good a club u are.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by HNIC(m): 11:44am On Feb 29, 2008
@ Chidichris

AW has since retracted his statement and even Birmingham players/fans admit he said it in the heat of the moment,so what's your stress?
Also, Hunt received death threats because of that incident and my word, Mourinho moaned about it all thru the season.Cech wears a face guard(hope that's the name) till today, Maybe Dudu too should wear a protective stuff too on his ankle, when he comes back grin grin grin grin grin.
U guys should leave Arsenal alone.
Larson was our boy, so also was Muamba and Bendtner was there on loan.WE have had a good relationship with Birmingham.AW said it in the heat of the moment.Y'all should leave the PROF alone
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by tosinadeda: 12:02pm On Feb 29, 2008
chidichris:

that was the voice of a drowing man(wenger). petr cech was sent packing by Hunt lst season and nobody called for his carrear termination.
wenger has raised the player with numerious red cards in the name of viara and ebue and co are not better in their harsh challanges as we saw when man u humiliated them in the fa cup so why now that his on player is on the recieving end?
wenger shld go and learn how to spend the club's money in buying players so that when one player is out another one will come in.
i wish to remind u gunners that the fa cup is gone, carling cup is gone, premiership and champions league is your hope so u have to wacth well as going home without spoon or cup this season again will go a long way to show how good a club u are.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by A40(m): 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2008
Larsson is just another disgruntled employee that couldnt cut it at Arsenal if i where him i would be more bothered about avoiding relegation than calling Wenger names

We all know Fergie would have said worse so you UTD fans should not go pharisee on us.Besides he apologized for those statements so what are we still on about?
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by nyabinghi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 29, 2008
When Arsenal players get away with blue murder Mr. Arsene "I didn't see it wenger"will say i didn't see it. How come he saw the nasty tackle on eduardo and didn't see eduardo,flamini,gallas try to end nani's career during the 4-0 united's win over the sore gunners. If Wenger and his wards weren't dirty enough how come he has 72 red cards in his managerial career at arsenal and vieira has even taken his red card career to inter milan. The tackle was harsh but wenger should not have seen it the way he fails to see other nasty tackles his gunner wards dish out to other teams.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by donbuchi1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2008
I have huge respect for Wenger-good football. But aside from that, I hate him in times of comments. He doesn’t think before talking. Eboue sent Terry out for two months. We’ve seen worse tackles before now. We’ve seen career ending injuries.
Wenger should have better self-control.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by sley4life(m): 12:28am On Mar 01, 2008
@ McOmo

Abeg relax. D person wey talk abt keshi wan yan him view
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by texazzpete(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2008
From Socccernet

Contrite Taylor speaks about Eduardo injury

Martin Taylor insists nothing would give him greater pleasure than to see Eduardo da Silva back scoring goals for Arsenal.

Speaking publicly for the first time since last weekend's sickening tackle that broke Eduardo's left leg, Birmingham defender Taylor also revealed the details of his visit to the Croatia international at Selly Oak Hospital.

'I will be really happy on the day when I see he is back in the Arsenal and Croatia line-up and when he is scoring goals again,' Taylor told The Independent.

'The injury was terrible enough. When he gets back to fitness and he puts the ball in the net for Arsenal for the first time, we will all feel much better. People will be able to see that accidents like these are the nature of football and you can recover from it.'

Eduardo's injury was so severe he faces around nine months out of the game, ruling him out of this summer's European Championships.

Taylor added: 'I went to see him on Saturday but, unfortunately, he was still recovering from an operation, so first thing on Sunday morning I went to the hospital and he was really good to see me.'

Taylor admitted he was worried how the striker would react to his visit, especially as he had heard the magnitude of injuries such as Eduardo's only start to dawn on the patient after they undergo surgery.

'I was mindful of this and I thought maybe he wouldn't want to see me, which would have been fair enough because of the trauma,' Taylor explained.

'Although there was a language barrier, I just said that I didn't mean him any harm at all and that I hoped he made a quick recovery.

'He took it on board and nodded. I was just really glad we could communicate. He is obviously a really strong man. Since then, I have read in the papers that he would be happy for me to visit him. That's something I'd like to do.'

Taylor believes Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's reaction to the injury may have contributed to the volume and nature of the criticism he has received.

In the aftermath of the game Wenger called for Taylor to be banned for life, although he later retracted the comments.

Taylor has received death threats, but figures within the game were quick to support him.

'Personally it (Wenger's word) hasn't changed my view because I know it was an accident,' he told The Independent.

'But it has affected the way people react to it. Arsene Wenger is one of the most highly-regarded managers in the game and people listen to what he says.

'They look at it in a different light because someone who is so learned has said something like that.

He added: 'It is a strange situation, looking in from the outside, watching the news, reading the newspapers. It feels like it is happening to someone else.'

see the part i highlighted in bold text? With great power comes great responsiblity. Arsene Wenger was silly to make that kind of statement at all, seeing as how hos words would be taken seriously by many fans.

If some crazy person decides to shoot taylor tommorrow, you think AW will ever live it down?
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by ritchboy(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2008
If some 'crazy' person shoots taylor, then its cos the person is CRAZY or cos taylor broke dudu's leg.
NOT cos of wengers comments.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by eldee(m): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2008
@texapette
First of all, I have to say Wenger doesn't have anything to apologise about
obviously it was the fustration speaking, not him
for a manager that just dropped two points in a title chase, had his captain throwing tantrums and one of his most prolific strikers injured
he should and has been forgiven for his comments, especially when he gave an apology
When Fergie kicked the headshot boot at Beckham, the first thing he said was 'Just fucking patch him up'
He came out to say it was just a mistake, without even apologising

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article155724.ece

Let's not even talk about what Mourinho would have said in this case
As for the death threats, there's no way you will injure the topscorer of a country participating in Euro08 and not expect death threats
If I was a Croatian, I won't be sending death threats, I'll be opposite Taylors house with a sniper gun, aiming at his legs. grin
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by chidichris(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2008
i think there are some similarities in the way wenger talks and that of oBj.
i even hear say the man said sanderous is the best defender in england.
the man is becoming too old to be reformed.
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by folahann(m): 8:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
I can not imagine ewhat Alesx Ferguson's comment would have been if Carlos Tevez's leg had be broken just like Eduardo's.
If this had happened, i'm sure by now premiership will confused either to be closed or re-started
Re: Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger by vislabraye(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2008
What would u think after seing such tackle? You cant blame Wenger for his utterances, If some ne ruyins ur career, will u take it lightly i the sportman spirit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa 2010 Group H: Chile V Switzerland [1 - 0] On 21st June 2010 / Afro Champs : D'tigers Beat Cameroun 106-91 To Reach Semi-finals-see Details / [VIDEO] Godin Gives Messi A Taste Of His Medicine With This Sumptuous Dribble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.