Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery (20859 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by tpapi: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2013
Sabotage at work
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2013
ziccoit:

Thank u.

Thank u again.

At least I'm not alone in aggitating for due process here.

The lesson here is that, you don't feel too high or too know to learn one or two things from people who actually know. @ypzilanti knows what he is saying.

Thanks Bro. During my graduate studies, I was an assistant to a professor and worked with him on one of his works he eventually sent to a major journal. We sent the paper and we got a response listing major critique of the work. No be small question and analysis, oh! We had to answer all the criticism, make adjustments, then resend. This process went on and on...

That is the process.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by aAK1(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2013
I Strongly believe dis man found something.hiv/aid has alwaYs had a political force behind it.no wonder a cure has not been found.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by merengue: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2013
Excel23:
what if d university is not ready to get involved in anything concerning hiv/aids research, because they know the position they are meant to always occupy & also are aware of d consequency of disobedience?. I have dis strong conviction that dis african brother was made to eat back his claim forcefully/threatened by all mighty government, controlled and played like PS by oyingbo. I fear o. This "no good thing can ever come out of africa" view has to stop, but i don't see it happening with dis african leaders that take instructions from oyingbo, our RULERS that cannot protect their own, against intimidations. Oyingbo rules africa from their (oyingbo's) seat of power. I pity africa. Modern day colonization and slavery allowed by our RULERS

This post is as daft as Liverpool's purchase of Andy Carroll. The university authorities acted properly and correctly all through this saga and the "learned" prof should hide his head in shame for behaving like an educated illiterate.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by isomadtech(m): 8:47am On Jan 11, 2013
The issue of hiv/aids is a big business all over the world. The greatest conspiracy of our time as at today is on this matter.
As a Prof, the man knows what to do and he must have done it or met frustration on the way. I guess the prof has been threatened and the man doesnt want to die now.
Our government must create a channel where our inventors will pass through to get to government without the influence of the west. This is what China did and they were able to develop their herbal medicine. Have you heard of hiv/aids prevalence in china (i stand to be corrected). We must learn to appreciate what we have and that is what is killing our economy.
Am very sure there is a conspiracy behind this.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by bonetalk(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Ezy~p:
Why e be say na only for naija ds kind tin de happen
thesame question in my mind and that's one of the reasons why we are still inferior to other nations of the world. #inabilitytoappreciateourown
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Smykell(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Had it been that dis herbal cure was discovered by white man u will see how all dis stupid naija leader with d thing go start to arrange to travel and get d cure now a prof in our own soil discovered it and they institution body are tring to grave d man....and most of the best doctors in US and Co are Nigerian May God help us all
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ktravel(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2013
we know what happened..
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 11, 2013
I don't know if people don't know this but it is already known that viruses CANNOT be cured!!
Researchers are only looking for vacines for it, once you contract HIV/AIDS you can only suppress it.
That was why I find these claims coming out of africa (1st d Ugadan president now prof ibeh) for the virus' cure as fraud.
You can only immunise against HIV or supress it but not cure it.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by aglomar: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2013
Typical Nigerian drama
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Dreyl(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2013
Red-Light:
me thought exactly .... how condom will sell if people doesnt fear hiv.... may be he is been bribed like most people that has claimed to have found the cure to keep shut about it
yes especially in nigeria
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by vickyozohu(f): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2013
incredibly hilarious
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by deelummy: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2013
There is nothing like AIDS, so no need for a cure.
Just a multi-billion Dollars industry.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by merits(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2013
Well the man try sha.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ogb5(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2013
deelummy: There is nothing like AIDS, so no need for a cure.
Just a multi-billion Dollars industry.

you are so brainy!
The people who have died from aids were actually killed by witchcraft, not aids.

and those currently living with hiv are actually under some evil spell from witches, not hiv.
No aids my brother. Ride on, dont use protection.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Dabby2kky: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2013
Laitesmart: What if the remedy to AIDS and Cancer is actually in an individual that has never learnt to read and write?
That means know one will accept this
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2013
[b]I am 100% sure that the Conspiracy of the Super-Powers is at it again. It is psychologically abnormal to regularly have respected Dons invent something and retract their research within no time on regular occasions on same Subject Matter.
This corroborates the assertion of some Investigative Journalists that HIV/AIDS is amongst the invented viruses of the World Powers. That is why they constantly advocate for the large availability of Sponsored Condoms, HIV/AID drugs, and various HIV/AIDS Awareness organizations. If all these combined efforts has been dedicated towards the discovery of cure, it would have been a different ball game. But the truth is that they won't, and also wouldn't hesitate to Black list whoever claims to discover the cure.
I initially perceived the foul play when Premium Times reported that the University of Benin had renounced the Professor's research and urged that it should not be attributed to them. This we all know for sure is not a custom of any Nigerian Institution. They naturally would be willing to attribute any good thing to themselves, even if it may have less or nothing to do in connection with them. This means the University was the first place of the threat-call, before the lately transfer to the inventor himself.
The said Professor, Professor 'Abraka', President Jahya Jameh and the likes who claims to have the cure are highly respected personalities who can't be said to have a past history of such negativity. How come the discovery of the HIV/AIDS's cure is always responsible for the inventor's loss of long appreciated integrity [/b]
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by dominique(f): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2013
the prof is the cause of his own undoing imo. Why jump out to announce a cure when you're still at the preliminary stages of your research? And these conspiracy theorists no go make us hear word.

ktravel: we know what happened..

no we don't. Pray, tell us.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by fabihill: 9:45am On Jan 11, 2013
ziccoit: If I had not had full awareness of what it takes to make a scientific breakthrough claim, I would have joined the people here to crucify the University Authority. There are finely laid down rules and regulations guiding every steps of way towards such proclamation. Prof was so wrong to have disregarded the norms and let emotion overtook his reasoning powers. Now that he realises this, he is taking steps backward to correction.

What will happen next depends on authenticity of his initial claims. Expect a resubmission via a proper channel very soon if he actually was saying the truth. No one sleeps calm with such a discovery in his memory.
what do you know.?... He never said he has found a cure... He said he's on the verge of finding one.! Did you even read what the press said.??.. .. He has conduncted test on about 5 specimens...all are sero-negative,..except 1 that is slightly positive.! Said it took about about seven months for each of the specimens to attain that status.! He said he has not concluded his research yet.! He did not even make any medical publications on it.! He only addressed press men on the progress of his research...in a bid to seek support from the nigerian people.! Get your facts right!!... He never said he has found a cure.! Prof ibeh said he is on the verge of making history sir.! Not that he has made history already.! U don hear.?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by dominique(f): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2013
fabihill: what do you know.?... He never said he has found a cure... He said he's on the verge of finding one.! Did you even read what the press said.??.. .. He has conduncted test on about 5 specimens...all are sero-negative,..except 1 that is slightly positive.! Said it took about about seven months for each of the specimens to attain that status.! He said he has not concluded his research yet.! He did not even make any medical publications on it.! He only addressed press men on the progress of his research...in a bid to seek support from the nigerian people.! Get your facts right!!... He never said he has found a cure.! Prof ibeh said he is on the verge of making history sir.! Not that he has made history already.! U don hear.?

that's where he went wrong. He shouldn't have been in such a haste to go to the press with findings thats not really gotten anywhere. The fact that he has not even published any journal makes him appear even more dubious.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Fantacy1(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2013
Smooyis: Two wrongs do not make a right. Our attitude of antagonism, accusations and counter accussations will never lead us anywhere. Granted that the professor has made some mistakes. This does not mean we have to throw the baby out with the bath water. The University while querying d proffessor for proffessional misconduct should have encouraged him to present his claim for verification instead of completely disassociating themselves from him. Geinuses do not often times behave normal. Who knows he might have made a medical breakthrough that could take the name of d university and the country higher and help millions of people living with the virus. We should stop underestimating d capability of our own people. The proffessor might have been too excited at the success of his discovery and couldn't wait longer to burst it out. We all have our weaknesses. God bless Nigeria!
You ve spoken well indeed. I share d same view wit u. The problem of Africans is not far from self marginalization. An average Westerner wud deploy credible profesionals 2 assist in dis research until sucess is assertained. Kudos my Prof.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Amalaaba: 10:37am On Jan 11, 2013
Smooyis: Two wrongs do not make a right. Our attitude of antagonism, accusations and counter accussations will never lead us anywhere. Granted that the professor has made some mistakes. This does not mean we have to throw the baby out with the bath water. The University while querying d proffessor for proffessional misconduct should have encouraged him to present his claim for verification instead of completely disassociating themselves from him. Geinuses do not often times behave normal. Who knows he might have made a medical breakthrough that could take the name of d university and the country higher and help millions of people living with the virus. We should stop underestimating d capability of our own people. The proffessor might have been too excited at the success of his discovery and couldn't wait longer to burst it out. We all have our weaknesses. God bless Nigeria!

Thank you Sir. I absolutely agree with your position. In a documentary i washed recently, the researcher who discovered how to make Computer Game, was on a budget of $2,500 for a different research when he started working on what we now know today as Computer Game. He was spurned by his colleagues until his MD just reluctantly saw a demonstrated which swept him and another director off their feet. They then approved a very huge amount for further research. The rest as they say is history!
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by IdeasDrive(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2013

And God bless you for this!!!
+1000 Likes.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by IMMUNO1(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2013
This is why some goods are produced here in this country and yet labelled...made in germany. I pity Nigerians.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Danieloj81: 11:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Chino_anyi: some 1 some were just pulled dis prof down i swear, dis guy found d cure may b, but some body up dier does nt want him to chop shocked shocked
@Chino_anyi yu are very ryt.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by toluene12: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2013
ogb5: But we already have a cure for hiv/aids in naija.

It is sold in many public buses across the country.

It cures all ailment, be it malaria, thyphoid, back pain, waist pain, low libido, positive and negative hiv, aids, headache, toothache, brief illness, cancer, syphillis, gono, even dizziness our naija gbogboloshe will cure it.

Rush to the nearest public bus and purchase yours.
you be correct guy, surely, u're the true son of ur father.
Also called awogbaarun
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by fabihill: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2013
dominique:

that's where he went wrong. He shouldn't have been in such a haste to go to the press with findings thats not really gotten anywhere. The fact that he has not even published any journal makes him appear even more dubious.
What's wrong in talking to the press.?....is he the first person that has spoken to the press about a research in progress.?..even in other fields of study!...politics, law and the rest.! ...c bro! I graduated from uniben and i know how much jealousy and hatred these profs...throw around.!...
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by fabihill: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2013
dominique:

What's wrong with talking to the press.?....is he the first person that has spoken to the press about a research in progress.?..even in other fields of study!...politics, law and the rest.! ...c bro! I graduated from uniben and i know how much jealousy and hatred these profs...throw around.!...
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by toluene12: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2013
kingofhiphop101: SORRY, ypzilanti BUT ARE YU AWARE THAT MOST OF THE DRUGS THAT MAKE IT TO HUMAN USE, HAVE THEIR DEADLY SIDE EFFECTS TOO?? tongue
their benefits outweighs the risk, if otherwise the drug is withdrawn from the public. Thats why lab and clinical trials are very important.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by aribisala0(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2013
Josh090: I don't know if people don't know this but it is already known that viruses CANNOT be cured!!
Researchers are only looking for vacines for it, once you contract HIV/AIDS you can only suppress it.
That was why I find these claims coming out of africa (1st d Ugadan president now prof ibeh) for the virus' cure as fraud.
You can only immunise against HIV or supress it but not cure it.

It really is not true that viruses cannot be cured.
Many viruses are eliminated by the body's immune system resulting in a cure.
There are drugs that can stop the reproduction of some viruses and the immune system will clear the virus TOTALLY eg Hepatitis B(in some people) and Influenza. HIV is different because it targets the immunity. A few people have survived rabies after being treated using the MILWAUKEE PROTOCOL
Regarding cases of viruses that result in permanent carrier" status (again Hepatitis B) if they fail to respond to Interferon treatment and HIV a more accurate statement is there are no known cures rather than "CANNOT be Cured".
Genetic techniques being developed look very promising so there is reason to be optimistic.Viruses are NOT immortal.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2013
bibiking1: “The true position is that some observations of our Research are preliminary and the research is still ongoing."
This sentence alone is evidence enough for me that the man got overexcited and ahead of himself. He needed to retract. But I admire his passion.

The importance of randomised double-blind gold-standard medical trials (with correct ethical procedures and statistically significant results) is required for such a drug that the world is waiting for. I believe HIV can be cured. Goshwhen I last studied the HIV virus the world got happy over HIV surface proteins as a potential weak point... we are still waiting for that to flourish. Then came the failed 2010 medical trial of female mircobicide gels. The medical world got ahead of itself there too.

We can't afford to give false hope.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by mu2sa2: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2013
With so many groups around whose continued existence is dependent on their being no cure for AIDS, i wonder if any cure claim will be taken seriously. A cure for AIDS will spell doom for so many people and these people wouldn't want that to happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing / UK Approves Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine For Use, First In The World / Obiano Upgrading Onitsha General Hospital To Specialist Hospital-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.