Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere (9063 Views)

No More Death!!! Calico, Company Designed To Ultimatlely Cure Dead. / Machine Turns Sweat Into Drinking water / Turkish 'Vampire' Gives-up Blood Drinking, Biting Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by stupor(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
Back to the topic at hand !

If this device finds its way intoo naija,then Water Corporation would have to turn into Charity.I.e a non-profit making Organisation !

Wahala for the Govt !

Quite gripping !
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by ucheheart(m): 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice innovation and perfect name for it too.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
wetin persin no go hear
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by alyarmouk(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
tat shit is flouride infested.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Redmosquito(m): 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
pak:

@red mosquito, I can now confirm that you are a mad man ! grin grin grin

by the way, I was the first person to like the post
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by andyanders: 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
slap1: Even the water from Aba gutters?

Forget that.If it comes to Nigeria, they will adulterate it. Aba go begin they produce their own and you go just drink poison die. This kind of product cannot work here cos our people dey mean.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by abiL(f): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
That's good! Now I don't have to keep paying £5 a month to keep alive all the African children dying every seconds from dirty water. undecided
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
Idowuogbo: wow! i want oneeeeeeeee

Am inviting you to leave the village and stay in town with me.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Egbagirl(f): 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
Quite a number of NGOs that try to provide clean water to some countries use this. I remember my church asking for donations to buy these for Haiti after the earthquake.

Good idea but the only downside is they are quite expensive for the target audience.

Anyway these straws dont last forever. They need to be changed after 3 years or so
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
money-hungry :
wow!
so incase my drinking water gets finished at midnight, i can use it to drink water from my toilet, drink fuel from my generator or drink kerosene from my stove!

Nah so craze dey start.

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
vickyozohu: how can it be?

It be like rod.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by bigtt76(f): 1:01am On Jan 12, 2013
http://www.vestergaard-frandsen.com/lifestraw ...just before 'Chinko' comes up with a fatal 'LiveStraw' or 'Lifastraw' grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by gogodaye(m): 1:46am On Jan 12, 2013
Folks the stuffs' real and already available here in Nigeria. I saw the product on display with an unimpressive price tag on it sometime last year at the Game Shop at Lekki, Lagos.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Goldenheart(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
How much is a container full?! *igbotic accent*

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Da infamous: While nigeria is still sleeping

The LifeStraw removes at least of 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria and can filter up to 1000L of water.

Throughout the world, an estimated 884 million people still do not have access to clean sources of water. According to the LifeStraw manufacturers, the device contains no chemicals or batteries and makes it possible to drink safely from any river, lake or puddle.

Oh, LifeStraw is good. So is LifeSaver bottle which infacts filters your urine. So, you can basically drink your own urine! See? Yes, they are efficient, safe and filter any water clean! But you apparently don't know how expensive LifeStraw and the others are. Don't you think LifeStraw'd have become a household name in every African country, if it wasn't so expensive?
Btw, these products use nano filters which remove bacteria and other very small micro-organisms. Anywyz, research is on-going about developing even cheaper versions of LifeStraw, like Tata Swach for example.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HOW TO HACK ANY WIFI PASSWORD USING WIFI PASSWORD SCRAPER / Nigerians Spent N2bn On Video Streaming In 2014 / Mtn Cheat 4 Operamini 4.2 Multi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.