Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,485 members, 7,958,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

Has Therationa converted anyone yet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Therationa converted anyone yet? (815 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / "Holy Quran Converted Me To Christianity" Says Imam Sulaiman / Is It True Pope Benedict XVI Converted to Islam? See This Youtube Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by Reptyle(m): 10:15am On Feb 27, 2008
I have read new posts from Therationa day in and day out bashing Christianity and trying to prove the non-existence of the one true God. Seeing that this has become a full time vocation for him, I was just wondering if he has managed to gain any new converts to his beliefs. Any nairalander with a testimony about the goodness of unbelief? Anyone?
Re: Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by therationa(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2008
Reptyle:

I have read new posts from Therationa day in and day out bashing Mithraism and trying to prove the non-existence of the one true Mithras. Seeing that this has become a full time vocation for him, I was just wondering if he has managed to gain any new converts to his beliefs. Any nairalander with a testimony about the goodness of unbelief in Mithras? Anyone?
Re: Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by Reptyle(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2008
Quite typical of you to be the first person to respond to this post grin Quite typical of you also to have edited my post to suit yourself grin grin Yeah I know about the Mithraic doctrine. Matter of fact, I discovered from research that Mithraism can be viewed from several perspectives viz, the Roman, Iranian and even Indian. Atheistic scholars have over the ages tried fruitlessly to equate mithraism to christianity often touting the former as the progenitor of the latter. Needless to say that it has been a futile effort so far. Click on the link below to help your understanding:

http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/mithra.html

Now, back to the original topic, has Therationa being able to convince any Christian or Great one about the non-existence of God of even caused you to question your belief a bit? Please testify for all to see, Anyone here
Re: Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2008
Reptyle:

Now, back to the original topic, has Therationa being able to convince any Christian or Great one about the non-existence of God of even caused you to question your belief a bit? Please testify for all to see, Anyone here

Not at all. Most of his arguments do not stand on their own feet as complete systems, rather he depends on attacking other people's belief system to support his non-belief. This is bad workmanship.
Re: Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by MCUsman(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2008
imhotep:

Not at all. Most of his arguments do not stand on their own feet as complete systems,

When all is said and done, what many atheists like theoritica may not know is that, as our knowledge of science in the various fields expands, certain concepts are beginning to sound increasingly unacceptable. For example, the idea enthusiastically expressed, that living matter was self-created from simple chemical elements due to chance circumstances.[/color] Then from this point it is claimed that living organisms evolved, leading to the remarkably complex being called man.

To me, it would seem that the scientific advancements made in understanding the fantastic complexity of higher beings provides stronger arguments in favor of the opposite theory: that the existence of [color=#990000]an extraordinarily methodical organization presiding over the remarkable arrangement of the phenomena of life
[b][/b] necessitates the existence of a Creator.

This theory of [b]one chanc[color=#990000][/color] is practically unacceptable and beyound the grasp of human reasoning.
Re: Has Therationa converted anyone yet? by therationa(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2008
MC Usman:

When all is said and done, what many atheists like theoritica may not know is that, as our knowledge of science in the various fields expands, certain concepts are beginning to sound increasingly unacceptable. For example, the idea enthusiastically expressed, that living matter was self-created from simple chemical elements due to chance circumstances.[/color] Then from this point it is claimed that living organisms evolved, leading to the remarkably complex being called man.

To me, it would seem that the scientific advancements made in understanding the fantastic complexity of higher beings provides stronger arguments in favor of the opposite theory: that the existence of [color=#990000]an extraordinarily methodical organization presiding over the remarkable arrangement of the phenomena of life
[b][/b] necessitates the existence of a Creator.

This theory of [b]one chanc[color=#990000][/color] is practically unacceptable and beyound the grasp of human reasoning.

I will submit to your superior knowledge if you can produce a single scientific evidence in support of your claims above. I will throw away all my old ideas and embrace your ideas if the evidence is in your favour. Until then, I will go with the majority scientific consensus for now.

Please supply evidence, don't just spew out comments without the background shorings.

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of Religions In The Modern World / Interreligious Marriage / God Is Worth Loving!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.