Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,614 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places (22910 Views)

The Beauties Of Nature- (pics) / Make Money By Taking Pictures / 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
Earth at Night. A layer that shows the intensity of light at night for all country's in the world.*Anyone notice something wrong about this pix?it shall be well with afrika Hehehehehe*

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Awesome picture of Europe from space at midnight new year Eve 2013 cheesy

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dubai basically outdid anything †ђξ world could ever do in new year fire works cool

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by sthari: 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
shocked Wow! Mind blowing.thank you.
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by luluosas(m): 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
jhydebaba: ... And where is Nigeria Does it mean there are no beautiful pictures of nature in naija
Go figure out and post too.

1 Like

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Copacabana Beach, Brazil New year Fireworks!!

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Well... This got me jaw dropping..wtf undecided

The world's longest traffic jam took place in Beijing, China. It was almost 70 miles long and lasted 11 days shocked
Were are all these Chinese guys heading to, at †ђξ same time? Huh undecided

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by luluosas(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
goldfish80: Earth at Night. A layer that shows the intensity of light at night for all country's in the world.*Anyone notice something wrong about this pix?it shall be well with afrika Hehehehehe*
Yes, I noticed that Africa is in deep darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Regiblinkz(m): 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
goldfish80: Because of †ђξ crystal clear water,Igbo Lake in. Montana seems shallow but in reality is 80cm(370feet) in depth... Amazing cool
nice view but I dare Ω̶oτ ⇒ close to the lake...its a phobia
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Regiblinkz(m): 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
goldfish80: Gulf of alaska, where two oceans meet but never mix up!! smiley
fantastic
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Regiblinkz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
goldfish80: Because of †ђξ crystal clear water,Igbo Lake in. Montana seems shallow but in reality is 80cm(370feet) in depth... Amazing cool
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Tunnel of love,Kleven Ukraine

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
honeric01:

Wait, how can this be 370 feet deep?

even the shadow of the lady on it is showing underneath.
Google is Ur friend matey, name Απϑ location of †ђξ lake is there, use it.
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by nagoma(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013

80 cm is 2 ft and 8 inches and not 370feet please. But the site is beautiful.
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by gbadexy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
The Holy Quran made reference to it.
Those and similar advanced explanations are inside the Quran. grin
The Holy Quran made reference to it.
Those and similar advanced explanations are inside the Quran.
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
nagoma:

80 cm is 2 ft and 8 inches and not 370feet please. But the site is beautiful.
Correction made, its 113.0m (370ft). Thanks
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by afroxyz: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
tchidi: shocked shocked

See oyibo juju oº°˚! Water no gree mix!
Fresh water and salt water don't mix. I have seen a similar sight in bayelsa where the river do not mix. Believe me, its a sight to behold
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
sobastical:

Bros na wa for you oo, shey na oyinbo do the water ni abi God??

No1, there's an f beside my name..
No2, humor honey, humor!!

1 Like

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by alexola20(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by goldfish80(m): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Regiblinkz: nice view but I dare Ω̶oτ ⇒ close to the lake...its a phobia
You dare not, that lake can comfortably chew up α. 3 storey building
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Egbagirl(f): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
Victoria Falls,Zimbabwe.

Photo credit: A friend of mine, Henry from Africa

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by ichommy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
Great Pics ;-)
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by brentkruge: 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
mu2sa2: The fact that two different waters dont mix if they meet was made known to mankind by Almighty God over 1400 years ago (Quran chapter 55 v 19-20 "He (God)released the two seas, meeting (side by side); Between them is a barrier so neither of them transgresses"wink. It was only in the 1970s that a french scientist found this out and when he announced his discovery his attention was drawn to the infallible word of Allah quoted. The Quran is not a book of science, but it contains accurate statements about science, some of which are yet to be discovered.

Spare us this tale. The seas mix in the form of great Ocean currents from the poles to the equator. What you are seeing is a temporary demarcation arising from different temperature, salinity and even biological life (plankton etc) arising from the origin of the waters (one from the cold waters and the other denser warmer seas) eventually they mix up and flow to the equator. Just imagine pouring dirty water down a stream. The two wouldn't mix for a while.

A similar thing happens with rivers (e.g Benue and Niger) and lakes. Even local tribes along the Benue know this phenomena and their folklore say that the water spirits are at war!

Also, travelers at sea to Arabia in those days would have come across such a phenomena and since they didnt know better would have thought that the water never mixed. They do.

We know better

1 Like

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by brentkruge: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
AWESOME Pics!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by jaybee3(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
highway a50 netherlands wildlife bridge

1 Like

Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by obisage(m): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
I am a picture lover.... poster u made my day....
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by merits(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
u guyz ar 2 much grin cool
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by Slizbeat(m): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2013
The water that dont mix aint new. I have been to Oguta lake in Imo state where such exist. Any Imo kid from Oguta I & II would confirm this. It is located at the Oguta lake golf course, such a wonderful site. Unfortunately, i lost the pix i took the last time i went there. The place is known as "Oranmiri & Orashi". The two river have different colours and they dont mix. I taught it was the soil beneath them but it aint it. I used a cup to fetch from the river and another cup from the other, funny enough, they were colourless in the cup, the could mix in the cups. So i had to tell the guy sailing the flying boat to do a 360 turn around the place the rivers meet, they mixed but retained their individual colours in each others boundary. To my greatest surprise, with my very own eyes, the water return to where the came from. i.e the green coloured water moved away from the blue coloured and went back to its boundary line. I was like WOW but scared also, i had to tell the sailor to take me back to land.
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by emonkey(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2013
Slizbeat: The water that dont mix aint new. I have been to Oguta lake in Imo state where such exist. Any Imo kid from Oguta I & II would confirm this. It is located at the Oguta lake golf course, such a wonderful site. Unfortunately, i lost the pix i took the last time i went there. The place is known as "Oranmiri & Orashi". The two river have different colours and they dont mix. I taught it was the soil beneath them but it aint it. I used a cup to fetch from the river and another cup from the other, funny enough, they were colourless in the cup, the could mix in the cups. So i had to tell the guy sailing the flying boat to do a 360 turn around the place the rivers meet, they mixed but retained their individual colours in each others boundary. To my greatest surprise, with my very own eyes, the water return to where the came from. i.e the green coloured water moved away from the blue coloured and went back to its boundary line. I was like WOW but scared also, i had to tell the sailor to take me back to land.

Look up laminar flow and compare with turbulent flow. Water actually flows in "sheets" which sort of become crumpled (mixed up) when there is turbulent flow. In perfect laminar flow condition the sheets will continue to flow alongside without mixing. It is science/nature in action. No juju there grin grin
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by DD01(f): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
Wow! So beautiful places wld love to visit. For real
Re: Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places by DD01(f): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]These places are beautiful, [b]These places are beautiful, [/b]These places are beautiful,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) / A Nairalander Shares His 3d Artworks / 3d Text Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.