Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] (29322 Views)

Breath Taking Pictures Of Nature And Beautiful Places / Bruce Lee lightning punch.(2d) / The Most Impressive Thing To Hit Abuja And Lagos In 2009 Now Unfolds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
The Vatican, Vatican City
This is the incredible moment when lightning struck the
Vatican not once but TWICE just hours after Pope
Benedict XVI's shocking resignation. The spooky
moment, believed by some to be a sign from God, was
caught on camera by AFP photographer Filippo
Monteforte and on video by TV crews. .

2. The Christ the Redeemer Statue, Rio de
Janeiro (Brazil)

A lightning bolt strikes Brazil's famous Christ the
Redeemer statue, breaking its hand.

3. Bay Bridge, San Francisco (US)
Here's an unbelievable picture of eight lightning bolts
striking San Francisco at the same time.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
The CN Tower, Toronto (Canada)
A lightning strike on Canada's CN Tower in Toronto is
photographed during a storm. (Mark Blinch / REUTERS)

5 The Eiffel Tower, Paris (France)
This is the moment when lightning struck the Eiffel
Tower during one of the biggest storms to ever hit Paris
on July 27, 2013. It was one of three bolts, just seconds
apart, to strike at 7am. Photographer Bertrand Kulik, 33,
opened his window to capture the aftermath of the freak
summer monsoon when he captured this breathtaking
moment.

6 Burj Khalifa (Emirates)
In 2012, a bolt hit the world's tallest building in a
spectacular display in the skies above Dubai. The bolt hit
the emirate's Burj Khalifa, which stands at a massive
828 meters in height.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
7 The Washington Monument, Washington DC
(US)
The Washington Monument was struck by lightning
during a thunderstorm on the evening of July 1, 2005.
The lightning bolt is seen striking the side of the
Washington Monument while a lightning streamer,
reaching out from the tip of the monument, falls short
of completing the circuit with the main bolt. The image
was captured by CWG photographer Kevin Ambrose.

8 The Statue of Liberty, New York (US)
This is the moment when a lightning bolt appears to
strike the Statue of Liberty in New York. New York
photographer Jay Fine had spent the night braving the
storm in Battery Park City , Manhattan in a bid to get the
perfect picture. Jay spent nearly two hours poised with
his camera and took more than 80 shots before luck
struck with this particular bolt of lightning at 8.45pm on
September 22, 2010. He said that he had been waiting 40
years to get the picture.

9 The AT&T Building, Atlanta (US)
In June 2013, lighting struck the AT&T Building in
Atlanta. The photo was taken by Paul Bruschi.

10 The Grand Canyon, Arizona (US)
This incredible photo of a lightning strike at the South
Rim of the Grand Canyon was shot by photographer and
videographer Travis Roe in July of 2012.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by chaberry(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Na wao, this one nah wonder.. First 2 comment oo, i don dey target this thing tey tey, oya oga seun wire the FTC money into my account, bleep me make i send u my acct nmb

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by prof800(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Am I the only one that sees the handwork of VFX in most of these pictures.?
hehehe...na wa ooo!

12 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2014
prof800: Am I the only one that sees the handwork of VFX in most of these pictures.?
hehehe...na wa ooo!

whats vfx
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by prof800(m): 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
feran14:
whats vfx
Visual Effects. smiley

wink
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by datguru: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2014
Not real
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by justi4jesu(f): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Love da Statue of liberty own.
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2014
Cool, but not all look real to me.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2014
OP MANY OF THESE PHOTOS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE ALTERED.THEY DON'T APPEAR REAL TO MEundecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Warlord3000(m): 8:18am On Jul 18, 2014
Abeg wetin com happen to the Brazil Christ the redeemer statue as u talk say lightning break the hand..

Cos the hand wey I see for Sunday world cup final dey kampe ooo..

I guess dem join am back wink

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Roon9(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Wash!
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Aromas: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Wot of our own Sango Justasking

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by pheyikemi: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Not impressed doesn't look real
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by freshness2020: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2014
Warlord3000: Abeg wetin com happen to the Brazil Christ the redeemer statue as u talk say lightning break the hand..

Cos the hand wey I see for Sunday world cup final dey kampe ooo..

I guess dem join am back wink
This got me thinking too!
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Mariojane(f): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2014
Noted
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by donpope1(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2014
If the Vatican's was attributed to be sign from God about Pope's resignation then what could the Christ the redeemer statue own be?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2014
pheyikemi: Not impressed doesn't look real
the pictures were not shot to impress you

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2014
They are all ungodly monuments, ebven the christ the redeemer statue
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by yousee(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2014
One disadvantage of all these effects in movies...
Every pic is viewed with a skeptical mindset.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by nikkypearl(f): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2014
Seen!
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by AbuMikey(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2014
Na Wash!!!!!!
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by saasala(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2014
Wonders Wonders Wonders
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2014
But wait o, shey those that took the picture were already waiting to capture the pix or what? Its not like lighting tells b4 striking u know

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by myspnigeria: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2014
lovely piece., tenx op
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Afrocatalyst: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2014
Are these real?
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by macpetrus(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by b3llo(m): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Nlanders come out en masse and comment on this thread.
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by tejpot(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Photo tricks
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2014
So what do you want us to comment Mr. Op.
Re: 10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] by 1shortblackboy: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2014
so the photographer just Sidon near this famous structures hoping to snap a lightning bolt hit them. then finally it happened and he was ready with his camera at the right moment... if I hear!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handmade Wooden Greeting Cards / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call / My Journey To Being A Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.