Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta (20041 Views)

From Being A Corper To An Employers Trainer, The Jigawa Story. / Letter Of Request For Youth Corper To Serve In Organization / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Thorpe85(f): 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
unfortunately, a lot of people are guilty of pinging on d road,some use earpiece u wonder how dey hear when a car horns. I've cautioned abt two people myself because dey were so engrossed in wat dey were doing. Wats so important dat we cant wait until we cross? Dat been said, d woman broke a law and she must be punish.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by patostation(m): 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
anitank: How do we know he was actually pinging while CROSSING A MAJOR ROAD? Who does that?

Well he's dead anyway and can't speak for himself

RIP

I like the question you asked because I know what happens in a police case not talk of a murder case. Many lies are told in order to get free or win the case. If the Youth Corper was not really pinging on the road as alleged by the driver, then she will have her conscience to deal with all her life. I suspect the driver is merely trying to exonerate herself from culpability by claiming that the Youth Corp member was pinging on the highway. Even then, as a rule in driving, If the car in front of you stops suddenly, you cannot crash into it. If you do, you will be guilty not minding that the other fellow stopped abruptly. In the same way, crushing a straying child or a lunatic, or a drunk person or even a ping-drunk person cannot be justified. She ought to apply her brakes and use her steering wheel.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by passion007: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
It's sad the Corper is dead and cannot debunk this lady's claim--because I feel she is merely making up that story to escape a stringent sentence. A 28 year old Nigerian Corper pinging in the middle of a busy road is just IMPLAUSIBLE. Weren't there passers-by who could give a disinterested account of the incident? It's really sad the chap is dead. RIP.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by TableLeg(m): 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
SMH ... Its high time Nigeria improve its driving standards, scrutinize potential drivers thoroughly, improve enforcement and lastl, people need to pay more attention outhere
This is tragic!

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by yomip3t(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
anitank: How do we know he was actually pinging while CROSSING A MAJOR ROAD? Who does that?

Well he's dead anyway and can't speak for himself

RIP

This is hard to believe coz that road is wide and will never believe a sound minded person will be pinging while crossing that particular road. However, does the corper looks tiny as a cat that she can't see him ?

Rubbish statements.
I don't believe her words.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Rotmyt: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
Even if the guy was pinging,what kinda impact would have killed him if she wasn't overspeeding?

Why would she be arraigned for manslaughter and not have representation? She wants to conduct her case herself bah?I hope she's got her witnessess lined up and am I the only one who thinks the bail condition is too lenient? Just 200,000 with 2 sureties in like sum?
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by blaise26abj(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
passion007: It's sad the Corper is dead and cannot debunk this lady's claim--because I feel she is merely making up that story to escape a stringent sentence. A 28 year old Nigerian Corper pinging in the middle of a busy road is just IMPLAUSIBLE. Weren't there passers-by who could give a disinterested account of the incident? It's really sad the chap is dead. RIP.

It is sad. But there is nothing implausible about that. This is a country where people talk on the phone while driving, ping while driving, keep kids in the car without strapping them. some even carry them on their laps while driving. Implausible is nothing in this country. I know of someone who fell off a bridge while pinging.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
WHY DID THE CORPER CROSS THE ROAD.......?
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bolt2011: She's in deep-shit. She has killed a 'sacred cow'. She must face the wrath of the law #back in the days when corpers were seen and treated as government 'children'#
SMH for Naija
God comfort Ogbu's family and grant them the fortitude to bear the loss

DON'T PING ON THE ROAD!!!!!

THAT WAS IN THOSE DAYS MY MAN. THESE DAYS THE CORPERS ARE @ THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN, THEY ARE THE SCAPE GOATS WHO BEAR THE BRUNT FOR ANY MADMAN ( OR GROUP OF MAD PEOPLE) WHO ARE ANGRY @ THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by lovethokoh: 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Disease of Nigerian youths

1 Pinging and texting while walking or crossing roads

2 Pinging,texting and calling while driving

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
alyarmouk: whats even the ish with bb sef?
try the new motorola droid razr m and u'll flush ur bb off in a loo

Are you for real? My mind has been on Motorola for quite sometime. I'll give it a try.

Such a pity that the corp member lost his life.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by CrazyMan(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
So sad...just imagine what his parent would have gone through to send him to school...now its almost time for them to reap the fruits of their labour, he gets killed.

Its so sad... cry

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by VirginFinder: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Women are highly offensive drivers.

They'll never stop for you to cross the road even if the traffic is heavy but moving steadily and will never allow you to enter their front if you are driving - they'll think you are chancing them cos they are women. Dare them and enter yawa.

It is well.

RIP corper shun!
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by ghettodreamz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
So... People still ping? Isn't that archaic? And even on a busy major road?

Who knows how true her claims were? Only God knows sha, anyways rest in peace to the departed soul.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
tellwisdom: All these foolish women who think driving is as easy as hell, keep causing problem for their husbands.....Imagine her killing a future jobless corper?? angry angry

Haba!!!Must you reduce everything to gender battle.I really doubt if you actually possess that WISDOM attached to your name.Bloody chauvanist!!!!!!
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Braimoh100(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oh my GOD,see wetin pinging dey cause.R.I.P bro
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by zanga420: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
ejifranks: who is to be blamed and she doesnt even have a counsel to defend her case.... embarassed embarassed
Does it mean there's no eye witness to this(though are bribed these days to say trash in the name of witness).
If the guy's pinging n she noticed it is there no brake in her vehicle? It also baffles me how serious she wants to be taken having a case like this n have no counsel(though there could be factors for not having but we've not been told). I see the rate of dangerous driving people exhibit in this country n lack words for it.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rotmyt: Even if the guy was pinging,what kinda impact would have killed him if she wasn't overspeeding?

Bingo! My thoughts exactly. It's overspeeding that can cause fatal damage like this one; underspeeding(if this exist) cannot.

Nigerians don't follow driving and traffic rules; every driver is king in his/her own right.

In a residential street, you'll still see some overspeeding esp. if the road is tarred without potholes/bumps.

Every road is a free/express way in Nigeria(esp. in Lagos) whether commercial or residential provided it is tarred and free of potholes and bumps.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by tellwisdom: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
byvan:

Haba!!!Must you reduce everything to gender battle.I really doubt if you actually possess that WISDOM attached to your name.Bloody chauvanist!!!!!!

You are an epitome of this said women, i speak about
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by jaybabs1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
A very painful incidence, had similar experience in kano, a teenage boy hawking by road side was surmoned by another driver to bring something he was selling, he didnt even look well before crossing, so suddendly i jus saw him in front if my car, so close, i applied brakes, turned d car's direction away but still my left mirror took on him, my car did four days wt d police, had to settle d boy's hospital bills and settle his parents too. I js pray God will help the old woman and console the corps parents. She may be on top speed i guess, not good for a learner....
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by enyieuna: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
it's a painful thing ,but people should pay more attention while crossing the road and even at any given time one should be very conscious of his or her environment life has no duplicate ,may his soul rest in peace .
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by babaireti(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
question: I once encountered a situation when 3 school children where waiting to cross the road at the middle of a dualized road. As I was passing them, the next thing I heard was gboa!! on my side mirror (driver's side).
I a bid to cross (thinking the road was all clear), one of the kids ran into my moving car.
If the boy ran out 1 or 2 seconds earlier, my car would have killed him.

I stopped and check on him. he was dazed but ok.
I thank God it was not worse than that.

The lesson I learnt that day was never to speed on the densely-populated or high human-traffic areas.

Even common sense will tell anyone that when You approach a Bus stop,Zebra crossing,or densely populated area,You should de-accelerate and watch your steps,Because! You never can tell when your loved ones will make a dash.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Onyenna(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
**just from another angle***

She said the late Corper was pinging while crossing a busy road (which is hard to believe). . .that means She actually saw the corper in time before the accident but due to over speeding, she was late to apply the brakes(or maybe she forgot where the brake pad was Since she's still a learner without a Licensed driver to guide her).

. . . Sometimes I see ignorant people(esp guys) with BiTs By DRE, Soul etc walking down the streets, crossing roads. . . I just pity them coz they are not even aware of their immediate environs....If a Trailer should suddenly loose control(fail break) behind that person and people start calling out to him, he'll never hear them . .

Lesson. . . . Avoid over speeding(esp in busy areas) coz even if a MAD man(Yes, A MAD MAN) appears in front of your car and you run him over, you are in deep sh*t!

RiP Egbe Ogbu. . .

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by ssii: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=manny4life]^^^

That is why school zones, pedestrian lanes, work and residential areas etc have <15mph + STOP signs. A lot of drivers need to learn defensive driving, because most are offensive leading to the death of pedestrians. I once listened on the radio - DC DOT stated in their campaign that driving at very slow speed saves life. They said, if you're traveling at 25mph or less and you hit someone, that person has a 85% chance of living, and most likely with injuries, but if you hit someone while traveling at 45mph or more, that person has a 20% chance of living with possible scenario - DEATH.
Thank you. The woman was definitely overspeeding , and she is a learner. Unfortunately the corper is gone forever.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by logica(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
She may only be guilty of driving without an instructor. That road is a highway but with several Zebra Crossings and speed bumps in areas meant for pedestrian crossing. If the guy crossed at a Zebra Crossing and was hit, then she's in deeper $h!t. But I don't think he did.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
that was an accident, but the topic sounds like the woman crushed him intentionally.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Isiterere(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Seriously d woman is guilty. In as much she says d guy was pinging; that truly shows she was on high speed then. Way back while I was learning how to drive; my brother used to say "always see yourself as the only qualified driver and all other drivers and pedestrians are mad people cos they can pose problem for you" always maintain speed limit.
Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by delvinmaya(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
I am presently servin in Abeokuta, and I heard from an nysc official that the woman was making a call while driving. The corper was actually said to be trying to hail a cab when the woman's vehicle veered from the lane she was and hit the young man. If you are not sure, why not keep quiet instead of just saying annoying things. Even if he was pinging, was she supposed to be receiving a call while driving? And being a learner?

1 Like

Re: Woman Crushes Corper To Death In Abeokuta by Blueeyedboi(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
delvinmaya: I am presently servin in Abeokuta, and I heard from an nysc official that the woman was making a call while driving. The corper was actually said to be trying to hail a cab when the woman's vehicle veered from the lane she was and hit the young man. If you are not sure, why not keep quiet instead of just saying annoying things. Even if he was pinging, was she supposed to be receiving a call while driving? And being a learner?
...alryt..so many perspectives en conflicting reports already...two things are definitely for sure...1)..d lady was on top speed,no question about that..2)..nothing en i repeat NOTHING will bring the dude back to life again...R.I.P bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Life In Kaduna? / NYSC Redeployment / "Kebbi State B15" Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.