Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,148 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

How To Get Dreadlocks - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Get Dreadlocks (5348 Views)

Afro, Dreadlocks, Low-cut, Cornrows Or Skincut? Which Do You Prefer? / DREADLOCKS.. YOUR PRECIOUS ADVICE IS NEEDED! / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Dreadlocks by tjskii(f): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hey guys,I'm bored with my hair,its long and I can't do anything natural with it,cos of d weather,and I'm tired of fixing weavon especialy as the stylists here in Ibadan no sabi anything,so iv decided to go for dreads.
Thing is I'm not sure bout the procedure,can I do it with my permed hair or do I av to let my virgin hair grow out
When I eventualy get it,how do I maintain it,can it be washed monthly ,ow is d hair locked exactly,wat product is used,etc,
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by sugarandspice: 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
You can't do it with your permed hair. Its got to be natural. Depending on what your hair is like at the moment, you could grow it out, stop using chemicals or relaxers for now or you could just cut off the permed part. You need to go to somebody that knows what he or she is doing to get your locs done. You won't have to wash often after you get them as you don't want to risk unlocking them. It doesn't loc at once and could come off if you wash after you just get it done. Its fairly easy to maintain after the first few months. I guess its down to the nature of your hair, your stylist and availability of products in your neighborhood.
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by tjskii(f): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2013
Wat if I want to change from dreads,will I av to cut the whole hair off undecided
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by sugarandspice: 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
That would depend on how fast your loc forms. Depending on the texture of your hair and how long you've had it, you can comb it off or just don't touch up for a while and it'll start unlocking. I hear there are products one can use. I'm not sure about that though. At this point, if I want to lose mine, I'll just cut it off. Its up to you really. Its not permanent the first few months after you get it done.
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by tjskii(f): 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks a bunch powerpuff girl( cheesy sugar and spice,ul get my joke if ure a cartoon buff)realy preciate it kiss
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by sugarandspice: 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Lol. You're welcome.
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by VOfficialR(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2013
Hmm. I'll tell you how i got my dreads...
I used these stuffs...

1. An organic root stimulator
2. A shampoo
3. A leave-in Conditioner
4. An Activator
5. A Moisturizer

I rub my hair with organic root stimulator for about an hour, i rinse my hair with spring water (my tap water is hard, contains calcium carbonate), i leave shampoo in for a while and wash... I dry and rub with leave-in conditioner. (I only do this once per week)
I rub every morning with An activator and a Moisturizer.... and i use my HAND to twist or do 'anything' with it winkit's always neat...

Although, the weather is different- i hope that helps...
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by tjskii(f): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2013
Ahh bros,iv changed my mind on the dreadlock thing o,tried leavin my virgin hair to grow,but d pain of combing it was hell,gone bak to putting relaxer on d hair,I no fit shout grin
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by sugarandspice: 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
Bros ke? Lmao. The reward is greater in my opinion but its up to you. If the thing no gree you, carry go.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by tjskii(f): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2013
cheesy e no gree me o,I no fit lie,if I cud do it wth my retouched hair instead of avin to let virgin hair grow,I'd do it in a heartbeat
Re: How To Get Dreadlocks by WallyWole: 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
just use a afro pick on ure fro in the morning n night......thats what i did

(1) (Reply)

Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? / WHY GO LAGOS??? / 2022 Latest Beautiful Ankara Tops And Trouser Styles For All Ladies To Checkout.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.