Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,938 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like (1544 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / My hubby want me to break my sim / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nicesoul(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2008
I’m a young man at early 30s based in Abuja. I met a girl last year April through a friend, it is true that she is beautiful and gentle. Initially I liked her, but along the line she was behaving funny. My mother and brothers stopped talking to me because of this girl. She goes to my people everyday to tell them all sort of rubbish. I have made my intention known to my people and told them my reasons but they fail to understand. Presently, I and my mother have not spoken for over two weeks because of this issue simply because I made her understand that I have the right to choose my bride. She has forgotten the fact that she will not stay with us if she forcefully make me marry her. Please advise me.
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2008
Your mother can't force you to marry anybody! You are a man, aren't you?
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nicesoul(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2008
Seun, you are very correct but parental blessing is very important and neccessary too. The most funniest thing is that i have not officially shown her to my mother. She somehow met my brother, from there she met my mum. I have just seen her once when i visited Lagos. I am sure most of us here have seen COMING TO AMERICA before, she likes all i like & dislike all i dont like. It shows clearly that she is pretending.
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by uchkochi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2008
pls let no one tell u who to marry u can be adviced but u have the right to take it,also when choosing ur life partner dont let ur emotions guide you be Guided by the spirit of God i wish u well stand ur ground at the end u will win
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by banni: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2008
If you gut tells you its wrong then its wrong.
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2008
mba ooo

o boy, follow ur mama word. tell her say she no fit tell u who u go marry. simple as!
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by holythug(m): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2008
obey mum. . .she knws best grin just kiddin

tell her to giv u reasons y u shd marry d lady she brought for u to marry, let her knw ur feelins towards d step shes takin as she not gonna b there when u face d GONBE
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nicesoul(m): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hey guyz, i thank you all for your contributions. Its kool to read from you. God bless Nairaland, God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria, one love
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by holythug(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2008
will try to b there wen u get married, grin
just post ur IV
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2008
Chaii, please o, don't allow your mother to choose who your wife should be, follow your heart wink
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by RDynamite(f): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2008
Better don't even go ahead with the girl. Mother's can be over motherly jare tongue
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2008
Why's the girl pushing herself on you, doesn't she have pride? If a man doesn't want you, why can't you just leave?
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Simsima2(f): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2008
If your family doesnt talk 2 u, then dont tlk 2 them, theyv failed the 1st purpose of a family, 2 support u, give u advice n respect ur decisions. BuT if it comes 2 d case wen its d day b4 d wedding, jst dont show up. On d other hand, dis girl seems 2 have a strong influence on YOUR family, I suggest u c a Pastor SHARPLLLLYYYY!!! grin
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by Nicesoul(m): 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ R-Dynamite

Yah you are right, i think she (Mum) has over-pampared me in the past that is why it is difficult for me now. She wont mind to come to abuja to see if i have C'mon headache. Similar issue came up around September 2007 on this same girl in question. I told her my mind and she flear up. Now that i have made is known to her that i have got nothing to do with her, it becomes a bigger issue. Well, i thank you all for your contributions. To all bachelors and spinsters, may God bless us with our heart desire ooo. Amin ni oruko Jesu & Allah.

Regards
Re: My Mother Want Me To Marry A Lady I Dont Like by holythug(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
abi o
stillwater:

Why's the girl pushing herself on you, doesn't she have pride? If a man doesn't want you, why can't you just leave?

(1) (Reply)

A man should'nt hit/beat a woman! / . / How Upbringing And Experience Affect The Perception Of Men By Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.