Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods (1596 Views)

2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? / The Myth Of Nazareth: Did the historical Jesus Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by Reverend(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2006
Ancient Greeks imagined the sun was a god named Helios driving a flaming chariot across the sky.

The Babylonians thought the sun was a god, too. They named it Shamash who provided laws for people to follow.

The worship of the sun, although not peculiar to any one time or place, received its greatest prominence in ancient Egypt. The Egyptian Sun god was called Ra. It was their nation's protector.

Is the sun just a star or do you think it could be more?
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by jagunlabi(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2006
It is just a star,but it was obviously more in the minds of the ancient civilization.
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by jagunlabi(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2006
Check this out;

The "Son" of God is the "Sun" of God 67
The reason why all these narratives are so similar, with a godman who is crucified and resurrected, who does miracles and has 12 disciples, is that these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the planet because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe. In other words, Jesus Christ and all the others upon whom this character is predicated are personifications of the sun, and the Gospel fable is merely a rehash of a mythological formula (the "Mythos," as mentioned above) revolving around the movements of the sun through the heavens.68

For instance, many of the world's crucified godmen have their traditional birthday on December 25th ("Christmas"69). This is because the ancients recognized that (from an earthcentric perspective) the sun makes an annual descent southward until December 21st or 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops moving southerly for three days and then starts to move northward again. During this time, the ancients declared that "God's sun" had "died" for three days and was "born again" on December 25th. The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if the sun continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "sun of God's" birthday on December 25th.70 The following are the characteristics of the "sun of God":

The sun "dies" for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north.
In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
The sun is the "Light of the World."
The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
The sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.71
The sun "walks on water."
The sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass.
The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.
The sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.
The sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.72
Contrary to popular belief, the ancients were not an ignorant and superstitious lot who actually believed their deities to be literal characters. Indeed, this slanderous propaganda has been part of the conspiracy to make the ancients appear as if they were truly the dark and dumb rabble that was in need of the "light of Jesus."73 The reality is that the ancients were no less advanced in their morals and spiritual practices, and in many cases were far more advanced, than the Christians in their own supposed morality and ideology, which, in its very attempt at historicity, is in actuality a degradation of the ancient Mythos. Indeed, unlike the "superior" Christians, the true intelligentsia amongst the ancients were well aware that their gods were astronomical and atmospheric in nature. Socrates, Plato and Aristotle74 surely knew that Zeus, the sky god father figure who migrated to Greece from India and/or Egypt, was never a real person, despite the fact that the Greeks have designated on Crete both a birth cave and a death cave of Zeus. In addition, all over the world are to be found sites where this god or that allegedly was born, walked, suffered, died, etc., a common and unremarkable occurrence that is not monopolized by, and did not originate with, Christianity
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by syrup(f): 12:08pm On May 05, 2006
Mr jagunlabi,

I notice that you always take the slightest opportunity to vent a personal grievance at the Christian faith. May I ask you what all your attacks have accomplished for you personally?
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by TV01(m): 12:49pm On May 05, 2006
Jags dude,

How are you? I recall enquiring in an early thread if you were a seeker or a stirrer. I honestly wish you well, but the most futile of endeavors is attacking the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Like I noted, you have some pertinent questions, but your conclusions and subsequent action in reviling the gospel are sadly misguided .

Peace dude.

God bless
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by jagunlabi(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2006
But it is not me attacking the gospel,but the same western race that gave them to africans like you you to cling on for dear spiritual life.I am merely bringing them out to public notice to show how they refute what they already sold as gospel truths and God's words.Personally,i don't give two hoots,one way or another.You know as the saying goes,"The oyinbo wey do pencil,na im do eraser".
I wish you well too. wink
TV01:

Jags dude,

How are you? I recall enquiring in an early thread if you were a seeker or a stirrer. I honestly wish you well, but the most futile of endeavors is attacking the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Like I noted, you have some pertinent questions, but your conclusions and subsequent action in reviling the gospel are sadly misguided .

Peace dude.

God bless
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by jagunlabi(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2006
There will always be "boatrockers" like me.A forum like this needs species like us.We can't all face the same direction,you know.It will make the forum boring. wink
syrup:

Mr jagunlabi,

I notice that you always take the slightest opportunity to vent a personal grievance at the Christian faith. May I ask you what all your attacks have accomplished for you personally?
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by eveseh(f): 11:34am On May 06, 2006
nice
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by Reverend(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2006
@ Evesah

I do not want to be overly critical of you, but why do you troll this forum and find the need to make one word replies?

What is the point in writing 'nice' in this thread. Why don't you try to string a few words together into a sentence for a change and give an opinion on the subject of the thread!

I have noticed your one word posts in most of the threads. What is the point?
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by eveseh(f): 11:43am On May 06, 2006
Reverend:

@ Evesah

I do not want to be overly critical of you, but why do you troll this forum and find the need to make one word replies?

What is the point in writing 'nice' in this thread. Why don't you try to string a few words together into a sentence for a change and give an opinion on the subject of the thread!

I have noticed your one word posts in most of the threads. What is the point?

do u have problem with that?guess u dont OK
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by Reverend(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2006
@ Evesah

Yes actually I do have a problem with it. It is just plain idiotic and I can not see your reason for doing such a thing other than you may not understand English or be able to write in English.

The rules of this forum state:-

PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. Avoid the use of Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, local 'pidgin', or other languages on the forum. If you find it necessary to express yourself using any of these other languages, then you must provide a translation in clear, proper, standard English so that those that don't understand the language you have used would still be able to enjoy the forum.

AIM FOR MAXIMUM CLARITY
Always aim for maximum clarity when composing content for the Nairaland, and try your best to adhere to all of the widely acknowledged Internet Posting Guidelines: avoid unecessary use of all caps, punctuate properly, break your posts into short paragraphs, use clear English (no slangs), et cetera. High quality writing will be rewarded and low-quality writing will be penalized!

ALWAYS POST ON TOPIC

Off-topic or worthless posts will also be strictly penalized! We want our forum to be well-organized.

Just to post one word in a thread is worthless and pethetic. Try posting less and writing more!
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by eveseh(f): 11:53am On May 06, 2006
Reverend:

@ Evesah

Yes actually I do have a problem with it. It is just plain idiotic and I can not see your reason for doing such a thing other than you may not understand English or be able to write in English.

The rules of this forum state:-

PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. Avoid the use of Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, local 'pidgin', or other languages on the forum. If you find it necessary to express yourself using any of these other languages, then you must provide a translation in clear, proper, standard English so that those that don't understand the language you have used would still be able to enjoy the forum.

AIM FOR MAXIMUM CLARITY
Always aim for maximum clarity when composing content for the Nairaland, and try your best to adhere to all of the widely acknowledged Internet Posting Guidelines: avoid unecessary use of all caps, punctuate properly, break your posts into short paragraphs, use clear English (no slangs), et cetera. High quality writing will be rewarded and low-quality writing will be penalized!

ALWAYS POST ON TOPIC

Off-topic or worthless posts will also be strictly penalized! We want our forum to be well-organized.

Just to post one word in a thread is worthless and pethetic. Try posting less and writing more!

i can even write english than ya can,anyway
why u like to attack me anytime u see me,
just let me be,and let me write what i want OK mr
take care
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by syrup(f): 11:59am On May 06, 2006
@jagunlabi,
Boatrockers abound everywhere. It's just hilarious to see them use words like "hate" at everybody who's not in their camp. There are multiplied "directions" you can face - no qualms. Thank God for Christ.

@Reverend,
Please, sir. Breaking news is that those and other rules on Nairaland don't apply! If they do, the moderator is not doing his job. Hate speech and abusive lingo are no longer moderated on the Forum, and those three articles you outlined do not interest our moderator anymore. I'm not in support of the funny state of affairs, but perhaps you should preach to the moderator first before expecting fruit from Nairalanders.
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by jagunlabi(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2006
@syrup
Why is it that the literalist christian apologetics always have to resort to preaching to sidestep issues that are deemed to be christian anathema,by the way?
Stick to the issues or stay away.

Boatrockers abound everywhere. It's just hilarious to see them use words like "hate" at everybody who's not in their camp. There are multiplied "directions" you can face - no qualms. Thank God for Christ.
Re: The Great Myth Of The Sun Gods by syrup(f): 2:29pm On May 06, 2006
@jagunlabi,

Never mind the misnomer of "literalist christian apologetics" (the noun is "apologist" - and I'm not one). I asked a question, you answered with "boatrockers". What's the issue that I must stay away from?

(1) (Reply)

Easter Has Pagan Origins / We Live In A World Of Uncertainty And Deception So How Can We Help Each Other / Atheism Is Another Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.