Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

How To Start A Small Scale Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Small Scale Business In Nigeria (11886 Views)

With 150,000,what Small Scale Business Can I Invest In? / Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? / Small Scale Business Venture That Can Fetch At Least N2000 Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Small Scale Business In Nigeria by bignaira: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Starting a business a Nigeria Can be difficult when there is no capital to start. people are filled with great ideas, equipped with business spirit, want to start this business or that. In a further aspiration to start it all, many proceeded further to the extent of securing loan, yet there is no single bank In Nigeria Ready To loan average Nigerians money to start a business. what of the government, what of the neighborhood.
source: http://www.proinfomarketing.com/blog/how-to-start-a-small-scale-business-in-nigeria/

It is more depressing when you are loaded with great ideas and you were unable to utilize it, you are loaded with business ideas but cant start due to money.

As a Nigeria Business owner to be, there are major things you need to consider before talking of the start up capital. neglecting the basic things could be the same reasons why you have not been able to start your business.

How Can You Start A Business In Small Scale In Nigeria

1. Find what people are looking for.

As a business owner who will definitely sell something to people, it could be providing services or sell your products, no matter the form the number #1 thing you should consider first is what will people buy from you. Are you just going to sell anything? No, People will buy what they are looking for.

Lets take for example recharge card business, Everyone want to call, send sms, browse the web do alot of things that demand the spending of money on recharge card. even is they are selling the lowest call card just 1 Naira out of 150 million Nigerians where a Minimum 100 million Nigerians are phone users. tell me how much 1,1 naira card that will be sold it out on a daily basis.

Before you start a business, Think and search for what your customer will buy when you start.

2. Take Full Knowledge before you start

I have noticed one of the major causes of business failure is most in business or those want start most of them have been neglecting the idea of getting trained by expert, or searching for complete knowledge. Money on its own, the basic knowledge on its own.

You can not be a doctor without going to school, if you want to farm and succeed you must understand the basic farming method, when to plant when to harvest. same thing applicable to starting a Business.

3. Develop passion for it

Passion is the key to success in any business, For You To have passion for that business, you must love it, there must be enough time for it. When others are falling your passion will make you stand, I mean you will have 100% confidence in your self that you will definitely make it from the business. Passion is what can make a good investor to go any length of getting capital for His business, I know you’ve read about Big Business men in Nigeria how Many of them borrowed Fat loans to invest in different group of companies. Thats passion, they started one day.

4. Start Small

Life on its own is a step by step, Grow steadily, Dont Rush. If You want to become big in business, You must start small. No body care how ugly your shops look like as far as they are getting what they are looking for, you will definitely keep rising until you turn big

5. Invest in Time
source: http://www.proinfomarketing.com/blog/how-to-start-a-small-scale-business-in-nigeria/

Have Time For it, I once read about Aliko Dangote how he spent 20 hours of every 24 hours on business in 80s and 90s. Time is important, I am not saying you should be on business mode all time, but you can figure out the suitable to monitor your business since it is definitely at the starting up stage.

6. Be persistent and Have Confidence

Dont Just quit when things go bad. There is no single person with no challenges like wise all our endeavors will definitely meet challenges one day, when this happen, be strong, have faith, keep moving. remember quitters are failure. That challenge could be the stepping stone to turn big.

Do You have a business idea and you are still Thinking of the start up capital? Then Read More on Article Source http://www.proinfomarketing.com/blog/how-to-start-a-small-scale-business-in-nigeria/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy / Abdulsamad Rabiu Re-appointed Head Of France-Nigeria Business Council By Macron / Commodity Prices To Rise In 2018; Oil Supply From Nigeria Could Be Volatile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.