Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (808851 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by jennilisius(f): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
FrancisTony: Should I post?

no pleaz..fank u very mch8-)
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Y'all shldnt disturb urselves by replying/quoting Uninvited's posts...it'l only waste ur bundle/Airtime
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oscaino2(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
crispin kc: Hey oscaino we need to hook up u knw we live in d same area so give me ur 2go or whatsapp username so we can talk
wud prefer whatsapp bro.....08165411003
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oscaino2(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr hesjay ....hws ur day going ?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
jennilisius:

no pleaz..fank u very mch8-)
LoLZ
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mehn....I pity some people o..
Most of the private universities are nonsense schools.
I had an experince today,met a girl who is a 300level computer science student@ JABU..
What prompted me to write here is that i remembered the day we were talking here and someone mentioned JABU has a good school(i think Taylor).
I have a phobia for computer scientists,cos i love anything programming.I fear programmers because i think and feel they are gurus,extraordinary.
That was the thought that came to me when she introduced herself as a 300level computer scientist when i met her,i felt lo,another guru.
To my surprise today,we got into a discussion and i discovered she knows ALMOST NO programming languages. She knows only FORTRAN basics,she doesnt even know FORTRAN up to Arrays and GUI....Mehn..i was like wtf is this!..
She doesnt have a compiler on her system.So sad!..
She said they didnt teach them how to run programmes in their school,they only teach them flowchart and some other programming stuffs.
With what i know in my school(uniosun),when you are in 300level and a computer science student,you are sure of Fortran,C++,C#,machine language and Assembler.....
The whole 300level is for Java and other high languages..
Even those of us who are not computer scientists MUST complete courses in Fortran and C++....
Yet,they pay high fees in the school,what a f**cked up school!!
I helped her with my compiler sha(Plato).Installed it for her and gve her a pdf C++ manual..
Such a sad experience today!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Crispin and univited. Abeg why the beefing
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Someone should please give me mikebis 2go username. I wan't to question her.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
I had an experince today,met a girl who is a 300level computer science student@ JABU..
What prompted me to write here is that i remembered the day we were talking here and someone mentioned JABU has a good school(i think Taylor).
I have a phobia for computer scientists,cos i love anything programming.I fear programmers because i think and feel they are gurus,extraordinary.
That was the thought that came to me when she introduced herself as a 300level computer scientist when i met her,i felt lo,another guru.
To my surprise today,we got into a discussion and i discovered she knows ALMOST NO programming languages. She knows only FORTRAN basics,she doesnt even know FORTRAN up to Arrays and GUI....Mehn..i was like wtf is this!..
She said they didnt teach them how to run programmes in their school,they only teach them flowchart and some other programming stuffs.
With what i know in my school(uniosun),when you are in 300level and a computer science student,you are sure of Fortran,C++,C#,machine language and Assembler.....
Even those of us who are not computer scientists MUST complete courses in Fortran and C++....
I helped her with my compiler sha(Plato).Installed it for her and gve her a pdf C++ manual..
lool, for your mind. Pls what's the full meaning of JABU
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
yeah...I was the one who said JABU is a good school.But hesjay,it may be that the girl is not the serious type.So you cant judge a whole school based on just a 'student' perfomance...Why not wait till you see another computer science student of the school and then corroborate your findings before reaching the conclusion that all private universities aint good!!!!grin grin
Dr hesjay of life,hope ur gud?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
No no no..
If you are into programming,you will understand better...
She knows the basics...She knows the theoretical explanations of most things...But she lacks practical knowledge...
From the look of things,it is obvious that the school didnt teach them!.
She doesnt even have a compiler on her system!...Imagine?..
Even the least serious in 'good' schools have compiler.Cos if you dont have compiler,you wont even be allowed to enter the class.....
That school is wash with what i saw today!:...
Taylor184: yeah...I was the one who said JABU is a good school.But hesjay,it may be that the girl is not the serious type.So you cant judge a whole school based on just a 'student' perfomance...Why not wait till you see another computer science student of the school and then corroborate your findings before reaching the conclusion that all private universities aint good!!!!grin grin
baba mi,i jus dey o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by uninvited: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Y'all shldnt disturb urselves by replying/quoting Uninvited's posts...it'l only waste ur bundle/Airtime
don't let me near your side
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by uninvited: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
FrancisTony: Crispin and univited. Abeg why the beefing
the guy started it
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
I understand you bro...I would have love to go further to prove to you that JABU is one of the best,but i have a little or no knowledge bout programming,so i guess i will have to keep shut..
Dr.'Hesjay:
No no no..
If you are into programming,you will understand better...
She knows the basics...She knows the theoretical explanations of most things...But she lacks practical knowledge...
From the look of things,it is obvious that the school didnt teach them!.
She doesnt even have a compiler on her system!...Imagine?..
Even the least serious in 'good' schools have compiler.Cos if you dont have compiler,you wont even be allowed to enter the class.....
That school is wash with what i saw today!:...
baba mi,i jus dey o
but dont forget she's your senior fa,she go first you go NYSC oooo grin cheesy......awfa wit unilorin na
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Oga for the school o
Taylor184: I understand you bro...I would have love to go further to prove to you that JABU is one of the best,but i have a little or no knowledge bout programming,so i guess i will have to keep shut..but dont forget she's your senior fa,she go first you go NYSC oooo grin cheesy......awfa wit unilorin na
My senior...if i hear...
My senior(a computer scientist) and i'm lecturing her on programming...chai..
Me sef na jst medic o..
Ilorin dey o...stl battling wif my papa...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Josheph Ayo Babalola University....
FrancisTony: lool, for your mind. Pls what's the full meaning of JABU
Owned by Christ Apostolic Church(CAC)
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Taylor184: yeah...I was the one who said JABU is a good school.But hesjay,it may be that the girl is not the serious type.So you cant judge a whole school based on just a 'student' perfomance...Why not wait till you see another computer science student of the school and then corroborate your findings before reaching the conclusion that all private universities aint good!!!!grin grin
you get brain brother.....knowledge depend on individual, not because of the school now in this case, don't be surprise to see somebody from that same school who will know much more than what the girl in question know.......@hesjay you never see person when be guru for programming but never went to any university......note that school contribute to individual knowledge but self made gurus are much compares to school made gurus. Hope you understand what mean.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Docdanatete: post utme 71jamb255 n mbbs team.
guy relax u don enta
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by crispinkc(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
FrancisTony: Someone should please give me mikebis 2go username. I wan't to question her.
her?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by dapsondou(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
crispin kc: Hey oscaino we need to hook up u knw we live in d same area so give me ur 2go or whatsapp username so we can talk

Add me on whatsapp
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
DONMAYOR..
It is very obvious that you do not understand what i was passing...
Knowlege sometimes can be individual training...But when the school doesnt function,its nonsense..
Why will UI train a medical student if the medical student can learn clinical principles from a private clinic?..
Why is she paying to the school if they cant give her what she needs..
You develop on what you know..Not what you don't know..
I know a bit of programming,i am not a computer science student..So you should know i understand what you are saying..
But the fact that there is failure on the part of a Computer Science Department that cannot teach its students practical applications of programming is not negligible..
We know the truth..why do we run away from it?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
I dont know why you posted that,but i tell you,i'm surprised..
So,because people can study individually and gain knowlege,the school should not teach what they ought to...
#chai..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lol...
Dr.'Hesjay:
Oga for the school o
My senior...if i hear...
My senior(a computer scientist) and i'm lecturing her on programming...chai..
Me sef na jst medic o..
Ilorin dey o...stl battling wif my papa...
Dr hesjay....i dey feel you jare
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
DONMAYOR19: you get brain brother.....knowledge depend on individual, not because of the school now in this case, don't be surprise to see somebody from that same school who will know much more than what the girl in question know.......@hesjay you never see person when be guru for programming but never went to any university......note that school contribute to individual knowledge but self made gurus are much compares to school made gurus. Hope you understand what mean.
got your point sire....hope ur gud?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
FrancisTony: Someone should please give me mikebis 2go username. I wan't to question her.
Oga... Mikebis is a guy and not a gurl tongue
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
DONMAYOR..
It is very obvious that you do not understand what i was passing...
Knowlege sometimes can be individual training...But when the school doesnt function,its nonsense..
Why will UI train a medical student if the medical student can learn clinical principles from a private clinic?..
Why is she paying to the school if they cant give her what she needs..
You develop on what you know..Not what you don't know..
I know a bit of programming,i am not a computer science student..So you should know i understand what you are saying..
But the fact that there is failure on the part of a Computer Science Department that cannot teach its students practical applications of programming is not negligible..
We know the truth..why do we run away from it?
I don't really know if you have ever teach in a tutorial class before? if Yes, you will understand that whenever you ask Student question, if they don't know the question,what they always say is ' our teacher never teach us ' at least That's What majority of then always say, and I'm very sure that this girl in question is not exceptional. you just said it all, you are not a computer science Student, yet you know something about programming, my brother that one is only possible because you are a learn person.....abi u no know say some people na olodo ni... you better know that one oooo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Whayt do u take me for?...a fool?..
U think i wont b sure of what m saying b4 posting here
DONMAYOR19: I don't really know if you have ever teach in a tutorial class before? if Yes, you will understand that whenever you ask Student question, if they don't know the question,what they always say is ' our teacher never teach us ' at least That's What majority of then always say, and I'm very sure that this girl in question is not exceptional. you just said it all, you are not a computer science Student, yet you know something about programming, my brother that one is only possible because you are a learn person.....abi u no know say some people na olodo ni... you better know that one oooo
do u know what a compiler is?..I told you she doest have a compiler on her system(i checked myself)...Ok lets agree she is d dullest grl in naija..she knws nfn..
She doesnt hv a compiler,in a standard school,no lecturer will allow you into a computer science class when u dont have compiler..so shld we say she has nt been attending lectures since 200level??....
Mind you,she is very very intelligent...We are actually learning graphics together...U need to see here handiwork...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Osasu99(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
[b]AN UPDATE ON ONGOING ASUU
NEGOTIATIONS
FOLLOWING TWO RECENT MEETINGS
WITH VICE-
PRESIDENT NAMADI SAMBO
October 16, 2013
From the Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Following two meetings (on Thursday 19th
Sept 2013
and Friday 11th Oct 2013) of representatives
of the
AVCNU (Association of Vice-Chancellors of
Nigerian
Universities, led by CVC Chairman, Prof.
Hamisu of
ATBU) and ASUU Representatives (led by its
President, Dr. N. Fagge) with the Vice-
President of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria, Arc. N. Sambo,
Minister of
Education Barr. N. Wike and others, all Vice-
Chancellors have been urged to inform and
enlighten
our academic and other staff on the following
developments so that we can ensure a return
to
normalcy in our universities within the
shortest
possible time
1. Earned Allowances: The N30 billion
already released
will now be increased to N40 billion, and
should be
regarded only as first installment, and not a
once-and-
for-all payment. Government will top it up
with further
releases once universities are through with
the
disbursement of this new figure of N40
million, so
Vice-Chancellors are urged to expedite this
disbursement within the shortest possible
time using
guiding templates that have been sent by the
CVC.
2. NEEDS Assessment Capital Money:
Government
was cognizant and mindful of the ability of
Universities
to effectively/efficiently utilize the N100
billion fund
immediately, hence that figure. However, in
addition to
this N100 billion dedicated and already made
available
for 2013, N200 billion (increased from N150
billion
previously agreed) will now be earmarked in
the 2014
Budget as well as each of the following three-
four
years until the Universities are brought to
world-class
standard.
3. Project Prioritization: Universities will now
be
allowed to determine their priorities and not
be “rail-
roaded” into implementing a pre-determined
set of
projects with respect to the NEEDS
assessment.
Decisions are not to be centralized.
4. TETFund Intervention: Government
assured that
the operations of the TETFund will not be
impaired,
and that the regular TETFund intervention
disbursement to Universities will continue,
unaffected.
So the NEEDS assessment capital outlays are
in
addition to regular TETFund intervention.
5. Project Monitoring: A new Implementation
Monitoring Committee (IMC) for the NEEDS
Assessment intervention for universities has
been set
up to take over from the Suswan Committee.
The new
one is under the Federal Ministry of
Education and
chaired by the Honorable Minister of
Education. In
addition, to build confidence and ensure
faithful
implementation and prevent any relapse as
before, the
Vice President will meet quarterly with the
IMC to
monitor progress.
6. Blueprint: ASUU was mandated to submit a
blue
print for revitalizing the Universities to the
Vice
President.
7. Official Agreement Document: A signed
document
would be issued very soon to itemize the full
issues on
which this present consensus outlined here,
brokered
by AVCNU, has been reached.
8. An Appeal to Call Off Strike: The Vice-
President
Sambo appealed to ASUU to call off the strike
and
apologized for the “take-it-or-leave-it”
comments
credited to the Hon Minister of Finance. All
other
parties present at the meetings also prevailed
on the
ASUU leadership to consult objectively with
its
members to get them to agree with what is
now on the
table and to call off the strike as soon as
possible after
the Sallah break of Tuesday/Wednesday
October 15/16
9. ASUU President Responds: At both
meetings, the
President of ASUU thanked the VP for taking
over
negotiations and promised to consult with his
ASUU
Constituency.
We keep our fingers firmly crossed, as we
await both
the official consensus agreement document
and full
ASUU reaction. Statesmanship on all sides is
called for
at this point in time.
Thank you.
Prof. Mobolaji E. Aluko
Vice-Chancellor
#copied# [/b]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by easyson: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Its statistically wrong to come to conclusion based on just a single subject...did u by chance bother to know her cgp...she's likely just going to school to get a 'pali'
Dr.'Hesjay:
even da uniosun wey u dey shout self, u would be suprised at da blunders some student fit perform for dat school...there's no perfect institution...every school has students who don't live up to expectations...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Taylor184: got your point sire....hope ur gud?
I'm OK Thanks.....you?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by easyson: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ve u not seen a computer science student who doesn't ve a computer talk more of a complier...so don't judge based on this only...
Dr.'Hesjay:
Whayt do u take me for?...a fool?..
U think i wont b sure of what m saying b4 posting here
do u know what a compiler is?..I told you she doest have a compiler on her system(i checked myself)...Ok lets agree she is d dullest grl in naija..she knws nfn..
She doesnt hv a compiler,in a standard school,no lecturer will allow you into a computer science class when u dont have compiler..so shld we say she has nt been attending lectures since 200level??....
Mind you,she is very very intelligent...We are actually learning graphics together...U need to see here handiwork...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hahaha...there's difference btw student capacity n school outage...
Show me a uniosun computer student dat does not have a compiler and i ll give it up.....
Even those who aint have it...what r u saying?
easyson: Its statistically wrong to come to conclusion based on just a single subject...did u by chance bother to know her cgp...she's likely just going to school to get a 'pali' even da uniosun wey u dey shout self, u would be suprised at da blunders some student fit perform for dat school...there's no perfect institution...every school has students who don't live up to expectations...

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.