Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (808878 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by buzyguy: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Taylor184: cant you talk without using dirty languages....smh!!!bro,learn aw to talk in a polite manner....
who z using dirty languag? Nd xplain to me hw av behaved impolitely.i dnt kw ur prblm oo,nd dnt wonu kw.
At present u r infuriatn me,war do u mean by dat ur inane statement.haaa i dnt bliev u r referring to me cuz i alwys abhor abusiv words.
Ahan evn if some of ur numbers r missn atleast out ov 6 u shld av mad use of da availabu ones effectivly to view nd quote my post.oga oo

Dnt step on my tail!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by morgang(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Hey guyz..
Please someone should answer my question na....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Chicksy: b4 i saw d cutof mark,ma dad cald a doc in psych nd he was lyk d list is ready bt ma name is nt dia.dat d 63 i had is low.ma dad had to start begn im to do somtn.nw i saw d 50 as d cutof am meant to b apy bt am nt cos of wat d man said.egba mi o
Are u serious about dis or joking?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 19, 2013
Taylor184: boss at the top....congrats man
Boss of life... Congratz too o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mismak(f): 12:21am On Oct 19, 2013
crispin kc: Thanks a lot mismak 4 ur info

highly welcum dear!...so ao far?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 19, 2013
morgan**g:
Hey guyz..
Please someone should answer my question na....

Tell dat fwend of urs...to follow d procedures stipulated on UI website... Sefini..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by crispinkc(m): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Mismak:

highly welcum dear!...so ao far?
am fyn o ur boy dey high on adrenaline o not to worry we go jam 4 skul
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by morgang(m): 12:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Leystra:

Tell dat fwend of urs...to follow d procedures stipulated on UI website...
yeah.. She understood all the instructions but the 5th instruction was kinda confusing
they said 3 subj. in order of preference ...blah blah...
If u understand dat part plxx shed more light on it...
Thanks!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mismak(f): 12:31am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote
author=morgan**g]Shakur i sight u oooo..
Abeg a frnd of mine wanna study German in u.i nd she dint meet up d
cutoff she had 55 while d cutoff is 59...
Now that she want to do change of course she intend to pick
philosophy....the question is, watz d meaning of select 3 subj... blah
blah @ d extreme end of the change of course details?... ....i no
understand!!
Abeg to all nairalanders[/quote]

philosophy combo requiremnt for ui is: Eng, one art subjct nd two social sciences..dats wah i knw
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mismak(f): 12:33am On Oct 19, 2013
crispin kc: am fyn o ur boy dey high on adrenaline o not to worry we go jam 4 skul

hmmmm...amen oo
me dey jollificate @ one bash eve lyk dah jawe...#enjoymnt galore
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by buzyguy: 12:35am On Oct 19, 2013
morgan**g:

yeah.. She understood all the instructions but the 5th instruction was kinda confusing
they said 3 subj. in order of preference ...blah blah...
If u understand dat part plxx shed more light on it...
Thanks!!!
da tis ur most preferred wld b 1st followed by d other two less preferred ones
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by morgang(m): 12:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Mismak:

philosophy combo requiremnt for ui is: Eng, one art subjct nd two social sciences..dats wah i knw
yeah not really about the subj comb it's about that numb 5 instruction that...
5.THE THREE SUBJECT THE CANDIDATE WISHES TO CHANGE TO IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE.
Watz d meaning of this instruction can't figure it out.....
COZ WHAT SHE HAS IN MIND WAS PHILOSOPHY!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by morgang(m): 12:44am On Oct 19, 2013
buzyguy: da tis ur most preferred wld b 1st followed by d other two less preferred ones
aiit tankz alot.....i will stick to that..smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 19, 2013
buzyguy: da tis ur most preferred wld b 1st followed by d other two less preferred ones
Exactly what it means...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by crispinkc(m): 12:48am On Oct 19, 2013
Oscaino dis one way keep quiet wetin dey apn nw watsup dude
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by crispinkc(m): 12:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Dis one way hausa day online 2day hmmm
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oscaino2(m): 12:52am On Oct 19, 2013
crispin kc: Oscaino dis one way keep quiet wetin dey apn nw watsup dude
lol......mbbs cut 70 gan
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oscaino2(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2013
crispin kc: Oscaino dis one way keep quiet wetin dey apn nw watsup dude
congratz bro.....u are a bonafide UITE cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 19, 2013
Smh....sorry if i offended you,didnt knw you will take it crious...
buzyguy: who z using dirty languag? Nd xplain to me hw av behaved impolitely.i dnt kw ur prblm oo,nd dnt wonu kw.
At present u r infuriatn me,war do u mean by dat ur inane statement.haaa i dnt bliev u r referring to me cuz i alwys abhor abusiv words.
Ahan evn if some of ur numbers r missn atleast out ov 6 u shld av mad use of da availabu ones effectivly to view nd quote my post.oga oo

Dnt step on my tail!
btw,i tink u jst confamed my earlier post tho grin grin....enuff said
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Jossy4luv1(m): 2:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Most 2nd choice candidates MAY NOT be admitted into the departments they want,,this is because d cutoff for 2nd choice candidates may be higher dan dat of first choice i.e medicine can be 75% instead of 70% of dat of first choice....i tink wat ui wants is dat,the remaining slots in each department will be filled by 2nd choice candidates,i.e if medicine capacity is 130 and first choice has already taken 90(90 first choice candidates has been admitted),dat means d remaining 40 slots will be for 2nd choice which may warrant increase in cutoff mark..Those dat did nt meet their departmental cutoff would then choose fall back course in order to be given another course...The use of jamb plus post-ume mayb used for 2nd choice candidates or they increase d cutoff.........==PLS NOTE THAT=MANY CANDIDATES THAT DID NT MEET THEIR DEPARTMENTAL WILL BE GIVEN HISTORY...I'VE BEEN ALERTED THAT VIRTUALLY ALL CANDIDATES DAT CHOSE HISTORY IN JAMB WERE UNABLE TO SCORE 200 IN JAMB AND THERE BY MAKING THEM NT TO BE QUALIFIED FOR POST UME......GENERALY,CANDIDATES FAILED AND DAT IS Y D CUT OFF MARKS IS A LITTLE BIT LOW......THERE ARE OTHER COURSES THAT THEY NEED CANDIDATES TO FILL THE SPACES LEFT BT THE DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY IS REALY THE DEPARTMENT THAT NEEDS CANDIDATES TO BE ADMITTED INTO THE DEPARTMENT.......(pls giv ui a little time to bring out d admision list,it may nt b today pls)...tanxs and GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by michaeltotti(m): 2:51am On Oct 19, 2013
see testimony sha.well am happy 4 u all.
Congrat boss nd bossres of life.

The next hurdle:ASUU strike
enjoy d strike while it last.

*Team Oau#team tpl#
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by crispinkc(m): 3:56am On Oct 19, 2013
oscaino2: congratz bro.....u are a bonafide UITE cheesy
yes o thanks man
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oludee7(m): 4:16am On Oct 19, 2013
God...i fank u oo...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by DRwiz(m): 4:26am On Oct 19, 2013
DRwïz congrats to doz that met there dept cutoff marks nd 2doz that wern't dis isn't a tym 2gv up jst try 2do all wat u can 2 achieve ur choice(law,mbbs,bds,pharma)IN GOD I TRUST #TEAM MEDIC
2go-davidoseun
wattapp-08171581233
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Jossy4luv1: Most 2nd choice candidates MAY NOT be admitted into the departments they want,,this is because d cutoff for 2nd choice candidates may be higher dan dat of first choice i.e medicine can be 75% instead of 70% of dat of first choice....i tink wat ui wants is dat,the remaining slots in each department will be filled by 2nd choice candidates,i.e if medicine capacity is 130 and first choice has already taken 90(90 first choice candidates has been admitted),dat means d remaining 40 slots will be for 2nd choice which may warrant increase in cutoff mark..Those dat did nt meet their departmental cutoff would then choose fall back course in order to be given another course...The use of jamb plus post-ume mayb used for 2nd choice candidates or they increase d cutoff.........==PLS NOTE THAT=MANY CANDIDATES THAT DID NT MEET THEIR DEPARTMENTAL WILL BE GIVEN HISTORY...I'VE BEEN ALERTED THAT VIRTUALLY ALL CANDIDATES DAT CHOSE HISTORY IN JAMB WERE UNABLE TO SCORE 200 IN JAMB AND THERE BY MAKING THEM NT TO BE QUALIFIED FOR POST UME......GENERALY,CANDIDATES FAILED AND DAT IS Y D CUT OFF MARKS IS A LITTLE BIT LOW......THERE ARE OTHER COURSES THAT THEY NEED CANDIDATES TO FILL THE SPACES LEFT BT THE DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY IS REALY THE DEPARTMENT THAT NEEDS CANDIDATES TO BE ADMITTED INTO THE DEPARTMENT.......(pls giv ui a little time to bring out d admision list,it may nt b today pls)...tanxs and GOD BLESS

What an insightful post!
But I think d issue of placing different cutoff for 1st nd 2nd choice applicants is unlikely and improbable.
This is because UI has never used different cutoff for most or more preferred applicants b4. Though, we are all aware of the mutable admission process of the UI but it still does not change the fact UI will neva give preferential cutoff to her 1st choice. Y?
Since we are virtually all shortlisted by her which is the 1st screening exercise, it will be no justice to be biased with d 2nd screening process which is the entrance exam.
A friend once told me dat the UI takes delight and pleasure in admitting aspirants with gud scores irrespective of the choice one makes her. Also, that 2nd choice applicant's prayer shud be , "LET UI just SHORTLIST me". After shortlisting, aspirants are given same treatment.
The worse she can do is not to offer admission to any 2nd choice applicant like some skuls(Lag or may be OAU 4 some courses et all), but to increase d cutoff 4 dem, I beg to disagree.
My humble opinion!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmm......Thanks to y'all who made those heart-warming comments...May God bless u..
Wl miss y'all.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Shakur...how far...u dey oshogbo??...
I dey come 2day....
#Uniosun tinz....**load packing activated**
how i go see u?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by omodave(m): 5:40am On Oct 19, 2013
gudmorning everybody hw was urnite
today is my Birthday
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 5:42am On Oct 19, 2013
baba na okinni i dey jareh ..will be busy like madt today ..shey afta today nao na ilorin straight b dah?
Dr.'Hesjay:
Shakur...how far...u dey oshogbo??...
I dey come 2day....
#Uniosun tinz....**load packing activated**
how i go see u?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 5:43am On Oct 19, 2013
happpy borndae wishn yhu llnp ..yhu gtas to wash am for boiz oh
omodave: gudmorning everybody hw was urnite
today is my Birthday
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by matson247(m): 5:44am On Oct 19, 2013
Jossy4luv1: Most 2nd choice candidates MAY NOT be admitted into the departments they want,,this is because d cutoff for 2nd choice candidates may be higher dan dat of first choice i.e medicine can be 75% instead of 70% of dat of first choice....i tink wat ui wants is dat,the remaining slots in each department will be filled by 2nd choice candidates,i.e if medicine capacity is 130 and first choice has already taken 90(90 first choice candidates has been admitted),dat means d remaining 40 slots will be for 2nd choice which may warrant increase in cutoff mark..Those dat did nt meet their departmental cutoff would then choose fall back course in order to be given another course...The use of jamb plus post-ume mayb used for 2nd choice candidates or they increase d cutoff.........==PLS NOTE THAT=MANY CANDIDATES THAT DID NT MEET THEIR DEPARTMENTAL WILL BE GIVEN HISTORY...I'VE BEEN ALERTED THAT VIRTUALLY ALL CANDIDATES DAT CHOSE HISTORY IN JAMB WERE UNABLE TO SCORE 200 IN JAMB AND THERE BY MAKING THEM NT TO BE QUALIFIED FOR POST UME......GENERALY,CANDIDATES FAILED AND DAT IS Y D CUT OFF MARKS IS A LITTLE BIT LOW......THERE ARE OTHER COURSES THAT THEY NEED CANDIDATES TO FILL THE SPACES LEFT BT THE DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY IS REALY THE DEPARTMENT THAT NEEDS CANDIDATES TO BE ADMITTED INTO THE DEPARTMENT.......(pls giv ui a little time to bring out d admision list,it may nt b today pls)...tanxs and GOD BLESS
hello its Not All oooo. I choosed History as my course and i passed jamb and also postume i met d cut off mark. And i beleive am already a Uite.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 19, 2013
[b]An asteroid that could hit Earth with the power of 2,500 nuclear bombs flew close to the planet on September 16.
Last night, Ukrainian astronomers said there is a chance it could come even closer and strike our planet on August 26, 2032.
Nasa has attempted to calm nerves by issuing a 'a reality check', which highlights that the probability of an Earth impact is only one in 63,000.
That means astronomers are 99.9984 per cent certain that it will miss Earth's orbit. Crimean Astrophysical Observatory found the massive asteroid, called 2013 TV135, last weekend and the international scientific community has already rated it as one of the two most dangerous asteroids ever recorded.
The asteroid is initially estimated to be about 1,300 feet (400 meters) in size and its orbit carries it as far out as about three quarters of the distance to Jupiter's orbit and as close to the sun as Earth's orbit.
Massive: The asteroid would strike with 2,500megatons of explosive force, enough to create damage within a 100,000 square-mile radius. (Blast location for illustrative purposes only)
As of October 14, asteroid 2013 TV135 is one of 10,332 near-Earth objects that have been discovered. Scientists have given it a danger rating of 1 out of 10 on the Torino Scale. Only one other asteroid has been given a rating of 1.
The risk for all others has been judged 0, negligible. The effects of an impact would be catastrophic, especially if it struck a populated area. If 2013 TV135 were to collide with Earth, it is estimated to impact with 2,500 megatons of explosive power.
The standard U.S. Minute Man II missiles carries a nuclear warhead with an explosive power of a little over 1 megaton. But Nasa said that with only a week of observations for an orbital period that spans almost four years, its future orbital path is 'still quite uncertain.'
The space agency expects the object to be easily observable in the coming months, and will be using the Minor Planet Centre in Cambridge, Massachusetts to improve calculations.
The asteroid was discovered by astronomers at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory and later confirmed by scientists as observatories in Spain, Italy and Siberia, Russia
It said the most likely result will be a dramatic reduction, or complete elimination, of any risk of Earth impact.
"To put it another way, that puts the current probability of no impact in 2032 at about 99.998 per cent," said Don Yeomans, manager of Nasa's Near-Earth Object Programme Office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.
"This is a relatively new discovery. With more observations, I fully expect we will be able to significantly reduce, or rule out entirely, any impact probability for the foreseeable future."
The asteroid is much smaller than the interplanetary object that hit Earth and killed off the dinosaurs 65million years ago. Currently, 2007 VK184 is believed to have the best chance of striking Earth.
The 420-foot-wide object is said to have a 1 in 2700 chance of making contact with the planet in 2048. It is the only other asteroid to have a 1 rating on the Torino Scale.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.