Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,852 members, 7,851,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (810438 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2013
I wl keep saying it...Never lose hope..esp medical peepz..
You didnt meet cutoff,choose a good fallback course...They'll pick you,Strive for a first class in 100level,cross to ur desired course(It sure may be difficult,but it will work if its God's will for you),,
you cn even write Jamb nxt yr,u wnt b d first/2nd/3rd to do such..Many people hv done it n it worked...
I'm a living example....
Dont be sad over such ish..I knw how it feels,Just try n be happy...Remember there r many people who regd for jamb,but died before jamb date,Some wrote d exam,but didnt pass,some passed buh died b4 pume,some didnt even knw pume was held,many failed d pume,....some passed n may nt be alive today..
But here u are,alive,healthy,.....Thank God for the blessings.,..
When there is life there's hope...

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2013
UI WAN SPOIL SHOW FOR ME OH: PLS I NEED AN ADVICE .
MY PUME SCORE IS 54%.AM GOING FOR ECONOMICS(1ST CHOICE) , EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS (2ND CHOICE).MY FALLBACK COURSE 1 AND 2 ARE ECONOMICS AND EDU AND ECO RESPECTIVELY. THE CUT OFF FOR ECO IS 57 AND ECO EDU IS 50. MY QUESTION IS, "DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY COURSE ?"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2013
BRAINEE123: UI WAN SPOIL SHOW FOR ME OH: PLS I NEED AN ADVICE .
MY PUME SCORE IS 54%.AM GOING FOR ECONOMICS(1ST CHOICE) , EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS (2ND CHOICE).MY FALLBACK COURSE 1 AND 2 ARE ECONOMICS AND EDU AND ECO RESPECTIVELY. THE CUT OFF FOR ECO IS 57 AND ECO EDU IS 50. MY QUESTION IS, "DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY COURSE ?"

PLS IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME, DROP IT ASAP.PPPPLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
And for those who met cutoff for medical courses,especially MBBS n BDS...hmmm,You have a reason to be happy....

But never let the theory of being a medic bring arrongance into your life.I call it theory because u aint sure yet...Dont feel fly because u gained admission into MBBS or BDS....
Many start MBBS/BDS,but only 'few' become 'Docs'....(Only few)...
Many fail along the line...
Medicine is a race for the slow n steady.You have to forget arrogance.Its very possible it may come along d line,but you have to control it...
Pray hard,read hard...6Years journey aint joke....
Now is the time to start preparation....
Many people will enter with you into the university,for oyher courses...dnt join them in doing all they do..You are different.:Most of them r in non-professional courses,So far they meet the minimum Cgpa,they r graduating..Jst dat they may have first class, or 2nd class etc..
But for you,no class in MBBS/BDS,..you either pass or you fail out.....
Always remember that!

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by quivah(f): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Keevah...shey u no see say i don dey luk for u ni?..
Tried ya numba thruout yesterday...even this mawnin...
V tried it for more than 10tyms
How far Doc?..
Now satisfied?
told ya I lost my phone na..
I been dey borrow phone browse now..
Lol don't try it again,will call you when I get a new phone...

I dey doc..yup
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2013
Boss,i'd advice u call the admission office or visit the place..i hv anoda frnd in d same condition n i told her d same,..no one knws what ui wl do
BRAINEE123:

PLS IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME, DROP IT ASAP.PPPPLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 19, 2013
quivah:
told ya I lost my phone na..
I been dey borrow phone browse now..
Lol don't try it again,will call you when I get a new phone...

I dey doc..yup
Oh..i even tot maybe u'l b using a small fone for calls..get one jhor...
Will miss u..!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2013
I wonder y MLS isnt among the fallback courses
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Boss,i'd advice u call the admission office or visit the place..i hv anoda frnd in d same condition n i told her d same,..no one knws what ui wl do

tnx bro! ama do dat naw!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by khennnie(f): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Gudmornin 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ all,pls anybody with d link 4 checking ☀̤̣̈̇f d post ume result shuld help ♍Ƹ drop it Asap........pls a sis needs it urgently,she wanna print ha post ume result.........Tanks in Advance
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by joseolu(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
I wl keep saying it...Never lose hope..esp medical peepz..
You didnt meet cutoff,choose a good fallback course...They'll pick you,Strive for a first class in 100level,cross to ur desired course(It sure may be difficult,but it will work if its God's will for you),,
you cn even write Jamb nxt yr,u wnt b d first/2nd/3rd to do such..Many people hv done it n it worked...
I'm a living example....
Dont be sad over such ish..I knw how it feels,Just try n be happy...Remember there r many people who regd for jamb,but died before jamb date,Some wrote d exam,but didnt pass,some passed buh died b4 pume,some didnt even knw pume was held,many failed d pume,....some passed n may nt be alive today..
But here u are,alive,healthy,.....Thank God for the blessings.,..
When there is life there's hope...
na true talk
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by quivah(f): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
I wonder y MLS isnt among the fallback courses
them no even write the cut off mark there...

Lol smal phone ke?!
Getting a new 1 soon tho
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mikebis(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Hmm......Thanks to y'all who made those heart-warming comments...May God bless u..
Wl miss y'all.
guy u makn me cry o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
And for those who met cutoff for medical courses,especially MBBS n BDS...hmmm,You have a reason to be happy....

But never let the theory of being a medic bring arrongance into your life.I call it theory because u aint sure yet...Dont feel fly because u gained admission into MBBS or BDS....
Many start MBBS/BDS,but only 'few' become 'Docs'....(Only few)...
Many fail along the line...
Medicine is a race for the slow n steady.You have to forget arrogance.Its very possible it may come along d line,but you have to control it...
Pray hard,read hard...6Years journey aint joke....
Now is the time to start preparation....
Many people will enter with you into the university,for oyher courses...dnt join them in doing all they do..You are different.:Most of them r in non-professional courses,So far they meet the minimum Cgpa,they r graduating..Jst dat they may have first class, or 2nd class etc..
But for you,no class in MBBS/BDS,..you either pass or you fail out.....
Always remember that!

How I wish u to be in the same skul with u boss.
Thanks for d piece.
We will all miss you.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mikebis(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2013
quivah:

Lol smal phone ke?!
Getting a new 1 soon tho
quivah i hope u mt d cut off,cos i cnt waite to c u o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2013
morgan**g:

yeah not really about the subj comb it's about that numb 5 instruction that...
5.THE THREE SUBJECT THE CANDIDATE WISHES TO CHANGE TO IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE.
Watz d meaning of this instruction can't figure it out.....
COZ WHAT SHE HAS IN MIND WAS PHILOSOPHY!!
d girl shud choose philosophy nd any oda two courses dat correspond with her jamb combination
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mikebis(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Mesopotamia: Maami sade,i double cc you...
I knw sey u go don over vex for me......dnt worry....i'll make it up to u.....#CrossMaHeart....
oga me lng time o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2013
quivah:

Lol smal phone ke?!
Getting a new 1 soon tho
Na u nau..i trust ya..
#...thinking of games to download on ma new IPad sef....,Chai,...in advance..unilorin o#
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Lolo....na u b ma boss o...Boss of lyf...My boss in profession..
Amb Fitsaint:

How I wish u to be in the same skul with u boss.
Thanks for d piece.
We will all miss you.
no yawa na,shebi na ife,i go stl jam u one day...
One of ur teaching hospitals is in ma town n u wl pass thru it(i fink for a year n some mnths)...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Egbon,chill jhor..y u go cry?...
Ogun omode o le sere fun ogun odun na
Mikebis: guy u makn me cry o
Even if i come to UI,we wl all graduate one day n go our ways...R u goin to kill yaself then?..
Lol
lets jst keep praying for one another...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Mikebis: oga me lng time o
boss,i hail u sir
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by drered(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2013
My honest advice would be that you shouldn't settle for less. I know most of you are thinking about the now, frustrated with staying at home and being left back but you should also think about the after.
Sadly, unless you have the means, education isn't really about what you have passion for no more but what is marketable in Nigeria. Go to the jobs/vacancy section of NL and see how crazy and crowded it is there. I know loads of people that graduated say 4-6 years ago and are either still at home or just hustling doing jobs that they are over qualified for because "their skill is not needed". If you want a course keep trying till you get it unless the course you decide to fallback on is also marketable or you have a network where irrespective of the course you study you'll get a decent job.
When I just got into U.I i knew loads of peeps that wanted to study medicine/pharmacy but got either physiology or biochem and they worked real hard to be able to cross over. A friend even got a 6.4GP but wasn't accepted to medicine. Why? The 150 slot for MBBS/BDS was already filled up. Matter of fact only one student (someone I know) was accepted to BDS and according to what I heard his mother went paranoid and since she had been working for U.I for over 20 years he was accepted. They wouldn't tell you all this now. They'd say apply you can cross. Yes, anything goes. But make informed choices.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2013
Funni feeling..

Had 61.
Going for MBBS.
Cutoff is 70.
2nd Choice aspirant..

But I stil get hope 4 mbbs!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Funni feeling..

Had 61.
Going for MBBS.
Cutoff is 70.
2nd Choice aspirant..

But I stil get hope 4 mbbs!!!
#MouthWideOpen
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by dapsondou(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2013
khennnie: Gudmornin 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ all,pls anybody with d link 4 checking ☀̤̣̈̇f d post ume result shuld help ♍Ƹ drop it Asap........pls a sis needs it urgently,she wanna print ha post ume result.........Tanks in Advance

www.admissions.ui.edu.ng
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by renaissance(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2013
khennnie: Gudmornin 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ all,pls anybody with d link 4 checking ☀̤̣̈̇f d post ume result shuld help ♍Ƹ drop it Asap........pls a sis needs it urgently,she wanna print ha post ume result.........Tanks in Advance
ans,plssss
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Nice advice bro
drered: My honest advice would be that you shouldn't settle for less. I know most of you are thinking about the now, frustrated with staying at home and being left back but you should also think about the after.
Sadly, unless you have the means, education isn't really about what you have passion for no more but what is marketable in Nigeria. Go to the jobs/vacancy section of NL and see how crazy and crowded it is there. I know loads of people that graduated say 4-6 years ago and are either still at home or just hustling doing jobs that they are over qualified for because "their skill is not needed". If you want a course keep trying till you get it unless the course you decide to fallback on is also marketable or you have a network where irrespective of the course you study you'll get a decent job.
When I just got into U.I i knew loads of peeps that wanted to study medicine/pharmacy but got either physiology or biochem and they worked real hard to be able to cross over. A friend even got a 6.4GP but wasn't accepted to medicine. Why? The 150 slot for MBBS/BDS was already filled up. Matter of fact only one student (someone I know) was accepted to BDS and according to what I heard his mother went paranoid and since she had been working for U.I for over 20 years he was accepted. They wouldn't tell you all this now. They'd say apply you can cross. Yes, anything goes. But make informed choices.
but i dnt advice staying at home....No..i dnt..
Y didnt u stay@home na?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by renaissance(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2013
dapsondou:

www.admissions.ui.edu.ng
thank u jare.d girl's question really favoured me:i was about 2 ask d same question
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2013
Pretzy..i see ya o..dropped d stuff on 2go dis mawnin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by olalerey(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2013
One tin am just sure of is dat ALMITHY GOD wil make our admission a reality ,
i had 58 in my pume result nd d cut off 4 my course(law) is 64

bt pals i nid u help o , if i want to choose anoda course pls wic 1 cn i choose (bt am having D7 in maths nd am an art student) pls i nid reply a.s.a.p
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by drered(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Nice advice bro
but i dnt advice staying at home....No..i dnt..
Y didnt u stay@home na?

I didn't say stay at home mate. There are other options. An A-Level programme would suffice and this way they wouldn't exactly lose a year and most importantly they'll get to study the course they desire. About 15 students joined my set in our 2nd year via A-level.

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.