Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide (3244 Views)

Card Readers: Only Means Of Accreditation. Wikes Victory Will Be Revisited / Ow Buhari’s Victory Will Affect Governorship, Assembly Polls - The Nation / The Key To The Victory Will Simply Be The Selection Of Ibb's Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Feb 29, 2008
Atam-Man:

@ 4play and others,
In the first place I came to the first post only because I wasn't sure of the Phillips in question. Trevor Phillips (spelling) is a cow and works for racial disharmony instead of racial harmony. I have never warmed to his way of looking at race-related issues, he has done more harm to race relations than BO could ever contemplate.
On the question of how BO would perform in office, I think it is early to begin to judge a presidency that is yet to kick-off. On my part, I'd go with the guys who believe and hope BO would perform and deliver ultimately.

ok, but is your assessment based on his race?
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by subice(m): 8:24pm On Feb 29, 2008
Atam-Man:

@ 4play and others,
In the first place I came to the first post only because I wasn't sure of the Phillips in question. Trevor Phillips (spelling) is a cow and works for racial disharmony instead of racial harmony. I have never warmed to his way of looking at race-related issues, he has done more harm to race relations than BO could ever contemplate.
On the question of how BO would perform in office, I think it is too early to begin to judge a presidency that has yet to kick-off. On my part, I'd go with the guys who believe and hope BO would perform and deliver ultimately.

True that on Phillips. The guy needs a check-up.
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by AtamMan(m): 10:44pm On Feb 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

ok, but is your assessment based on his race?

Nope my assessment is not based on his race, I find that I am able to connect with him.
I am taken aback to hear people complain about his rhetoric and the hope he peddles, here is what one of his traducers, Bill Clinton, said in 2004 "If one candidate’s trying to scare you and the other one’s trying to get you to think, if one candidate’s appealing to your fears and the other one’s appealing to your hopes, you better vote for the person who wants you to think and hope"
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by McKren(m): 10:52pm On Feb 29, 2008
Jay Rockefeller joins the list of superdelegates for Obama

That does'nt look like a mark of racism to me so Trevor Phillips can go and die
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Feb 29, 2008
Atam-Man:

Nope my assessment is not based on his race, I find that I am able to connect with him.
I am taken aback to hear people complain about his rhetoric and the hope he peddles, here is what one of his traducers, Bill Clinton, said in 2004 "If one candidate’s trying to scare you and the other one’s trying to get you to think, if one candidate’s appealing to your fears and the other one’s appealing to your hopes, you better vote for the person who wants you to think and hope"

Fine. I have to say I am sick of people pushing race into the issue and if I must add majority of people on the street I have myself met and asked their reason for supporting the man do not have much to say except that he is black and they feel it is time for a black candidate. I have heard people go on and on about how he will change things more than I have of people who actually know and understand how he intends to do so. Reading some of the posts on this thread, you get the idea that there are many who fall under that umbrella even in here as well. I have even met folks who will say things like it is time for a woman to get in office since men have not done a good job , ask them how exactly the woman intends to change things and you get the same sort of fluff talk. Thanks for making your stand clear on this.
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by jgirl3: 11:33pm On Feb 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Fine. I have to say I am sick of people pushing race into the issue and if I must add majority of people on the street I have myself met and asked their reason for supporting the man do not have much to say except that he is black and they feel it is time for a black candidate. I have heard people go on and on about how he will change things more than I have of people who actually know and understand how he intends to do so. Reading some of the posts on this thread, you get the idea that there are many who fall under that umbrella even in here as well. [b]I have even met folks who will say things like it is time for a woman to get in office since men have not done a good job , ask them how exactly the woman intends to change things and you get the same sort of fluff talk.[/b]Thanks for making your stand clear on this.

Exactly! That's what I have been trying to tell people. Obama's race might work in both his advantage and his disadvantage. While a lot of people in my area try to justify their reason for choosing Obama, when we all know it's because of his race. Needless to say, this has been one of the most, if not the most, controversial primaries. Obama is actually very sensible and people need to sit down and listen to him before they make decisions. You cannot judge a book by its cover.
Re: Obama Victory Will Prolong US Racial Divide by chiegemba(f): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2008
Say Wat?!!! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity / PHOTOS ; TAN’S North East Mega Rally. / The Great Irony Of The Jonathan Presidency!!!(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.