Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,044 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? (914 Views)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / How Do I Download Apps Or Install Apps Directly To My Memory Card? / Please How Can I Activate Or Install Dstv Mobile On My Nokia N97 Mini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by Rexyl(m): 5:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Pls help on how I can get APN settings back on my android phone. It is a particular software I downloaded and installed that affected and later removed the pre installed apn settings. Since then the phone could not browse, complaining that there is no internet settings. pls help on how to get the apn settings back. your positive response will be appreciated
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by bigtt76(f): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2013
What network? All you need do is reconfigure your APN settings but then you need to know what it is.
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by ciphoenix: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2013
Probably you did an update. Even So, it usually resets your settings back to the default for the network provider. May i ask, what network?
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by puskin: 7:04am On Jan 15, 2013
Configure the APNs manually. How hard can it be.
Use the search button on NL to get the thread that lists the various APN configuration of all the naija GSM networks. Its somewhere in this Phone section.
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by Rexyl(m): 8:20am On Jan 15, 2013
bigtt76: What network? All you need do is reconfigure your APN settings but then you need to know what it is.

Thanks, the phone didn't come with provision for manual setting. the settings are pushed in automatically for any network of which sim is inserted. Now that in built APNs setting is mistakenly removed and default settings of any network can no longer be pushed in the phone, meaning I cannot browse again with the android LG-P698. Pls phone Gurus come up with the solution.
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by ciphoenix: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2013
again, what network?
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by Rexyl(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2013
ciphoenix: again, what network?

mtn, glo and airtel
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by ciphoenix: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2013
Look for network, destination or the likes in your settings. Should be there. i've always known these networks to push settings after updates that wipe the settings
Re: How To Restore Or Install Apns Mistakenly Removed From Android Phone? by Rexyl(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
IT is that provision for the apn where settings can be pushed either by default or manually that has been removed. I need solution to this.

(1) (Reply)

Designer Makes Diamond Iphone For £10 Million / How To Unlock Curve 2 With 0 Mep / Find Your Lost Or Stolen Android Phone With Android Device Manager From Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.