Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don (5930 Views)

30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu / Kano Govt. Arrests 200 Street Beggars / Fact-check: Government Arresting And Jailing Street Beggars Is Common Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by youngies(m): 6:17am On Jan 15, 2013
Thirty per cent of children in the North are street beggars, the Dean of Post-Graduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Professor Adam Okene, has said.

Okene also stated that recent research showed that the North-west geo-political zone of the country accounts for 70% of the number of almajirai in the country, most of whom depend on street begging to survive.

Speaking as the chairman of a workshop on street begging in Niger state, organised by the Niger state Law Reform Commission, Okene called for synergy among state governors in the northern part of the country to eradicate the problem of alamajiri and street begging which he said has been accounting for the series of security breaches in this part of the country.

Okene explained that Malaysia and Thailand had worked the path the north is presently toeing but with diligence and political will the two countries had been able to surmount the problem.

He said that more emphasis must be placed on reforms in the North and the country as a whole, insisting that proper education of the citizenry and applicable education will solve the problems the country is presently facing.

While supporting the reform agenda of the Niger state government, Okene said “we need the reform because we have to solve the problems and challenges of the society”.

Delivering a paper titled “Street Begging, Causes and Remedies: An Islamic Perspective”, Dr Ibrahim Husam Imam, Head of Department of Languages, Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna, said that the problems of street begging cannot be resolved without the involvement of Qur’anic teachers who need assistance from government and non-governmental organisations to keep their discipline off the streets.

He stressed the need to set up a committee to train Islamic teachers on the management of almajirai while government should also pursue the integration of the Arabic and western education policy with more vigour

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3625-30-of-children-in-northern-nigeria-are-street-beggars--don
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by hrmkz: 6:27am On Jan 15, 2013
Not 30% sir, it is 80%.

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by uchlukez(f): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2013
99% sir. Beliv me

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by ihedioramma: 7:27am On Jan 15, 2013
THAT IS TRUE. AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF NIG TODAY WERE A MAN THAT CANT GET UP TO #10,000 FOR ONE MONTH IS LIVING WITH FOUR WIFE'S, TELL ME HOW MANY CHILDREN WILL HE HAVE?

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Ameboperoo(m): 7:37am On Jan 15, 2013
Male children is 80% while female may be 5%. I'm 4th sha grin but I can do better next time.

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by safarigirl(f): 7:39am On Jan 15, 2013
Why is he lying? It's over 60%. If sey government dey dash money to states per child beggars, the number would have been up to 98%.

Northern Nigeria should clean up their mess, drag Namadi and his 15 billion naira renovation money to do something good for his people.

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Wendyslim(f): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2013
Due to laziness undecided undecided undecided
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Groundzero1: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2013
uchlukez: 99% sir. Beliv me
How do u take opinion poll this Youngman? You don't just sit a place and quote. It's real statistics and wen a don gives numbers,just be calm. Don't assume what you feel.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by orelove4liff: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2013
And some ppl are blamin dem of being sucide bombers.they hide unda d umbrella of islamic religion to marry as many as possible wifes and havin alot of children without sendin dem to schl.north wil neva move forward as far as they only beleive in learnin arabic only and nt sendin their kids to schl.in d last jamb,d populatn of yobe was abt 4 to 5million but only 6000 of d indigine sat for jamb.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2013
Majority of the negative statistics about Nigeria comes from the north:
Poverty, Diseases, Terrorism, Illiteracy, Regression etc. .

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by BANGASOUP1: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2013
crying
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by dridowu: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2013
101% agree

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by BANGASOUP1: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2013
dridowu: 101% agree

who cares
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by oboy3(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2013
Ameboperoo: Male children is 80% while female may be 5%. I'm 4th sha grin but I can do better next time.
at bolded,do you mean you are the 4th beggar or what?(no offence)

7 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by pingo(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2013
99.9% Alumajeris (Boko Haram)
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by OmerianConsult: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2013
J12: Majority of the negative statistics about Nigeria comes from the north:
Gbam!
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by ektbear: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2013
cray
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 15, 2013
30% of children in Nothern Nigeria are street beggars... Therefore Did they pass a law preventing them from going to school? Or are there no schools there? People that say NO to western education youu still want them to go to school? I use God beg you nor disturb us this morning with this rubbish, nor try am. Mtschewwww cool

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by CVHP: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2013
Nothing can be done cos they enjoy doing it. Have u been to Lagos railways Agege, Ebute Meta etc? They're disgusting.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Revolva(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Why are this type of post making front page...sef...no be today we don know all this !!! Na stop remembering us jare!!! Poverty is everywhere in Nigeria...
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Arsenate(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2013
J12: Majority of the negative statistics about Nigeria comes from the north:
yeah and I guess armed robbery, cult killings, kidnapping, drug peddling, love peddling, gang rap*st, rituals, oil bunkering, internet scam aka yahoo yahoo all from the south are positive statistics right? Ignorant bigot.

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Lovethywilbedon: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2013
These are the by products of dogmatised polygamy. Since these children don't go to school they end up as illitrate adults who can be easily recruited for violence wheneve the result of a National Election is not in favor of the North. The good ones amongst them go into peti trades and that is reason why 98% of shoe makers, Suya and sweet vendors here in the South are Northerners.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by cigaricon(m): 8:11am On Jan 15, 2013
Ahbeg its more than that. U see an aboki who just 20,000 naira is like millions to him, marrying four wives, having twenty children and at the end of the day u just find them roaming around the streets.
U see them giving out their daughters for marriage at the age of 14 to one retched boy of 17 and before he clocks 25 he marries another three and at the end of the day they just give birth as if that's all they came to this world to do.

When I see them on the streets going from canteens to canteens to beg, I just wonder if these ABOKIS will ever realise that we are in the 21st century for christ's sake.
I SMH in pity for them oh

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2013
see--
Vice President - North
Senate President -North
Speaker House of Reps - North
PDP National Chairman - North
PDP acting BOT chairman - North
Head of Service - North
INEC Chairman - North
Inspector General of Police - North
CBN Governor - North
Chief Justice of federation - North
President Court of Appeal - North
EFCC Chairman - North
President Federal high court - North
National Security Adviser - North
Chief of Defense Staff - North
Controller, Customs Service - North
Controller Prison Services - North
Richest man in Africa - North.
85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria - Northerners
80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria - Northerners
Over 50% of our NASS are Northerner,
Yet, Whenever you hear Polio in Nigeria or the Poorest states and Educationally backward areas in Nigeria, all are in the North.

“The consequences of today are determined by the actions of the past. To change your future, alter your decisions today.”

10 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Clemzy16(m): 8:15am On Jan 15, 2013
It's not as if there is high rate of poverty (of course there is'.) in the north. It's just that they depends on begging as a profession. Same way their neighbours from Niger Republic does. It's an ancestral thing. .....and even if you give a northern begger 1M today, instead of him to do something better with the money he'll prefer the rubbish the money and go back to begging.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by achu442(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2013
They choosed their path.A real Southerner will change his religion,location,thinking and ways.
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2013
Arsenate: yeah and I guess armed robbery, cult killings, kidnapping, drug peddling, love peddling, gang rap*st, rituals, oil bunkering, internet scam aka yahoo yahoo all from the south are positive statistics right? Ignorant bigot.

Look who's calling another fellow ignorant?
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Hardfact: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2013
Whether 30 or even 90%, the most painful thing is that's how the majority of nothern leaders want it. It never was an accident. undecided
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2013
ihedioramma: THAT IS TRUE. AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF NIG TODAY WERE A MAN THAT CANT GET UP TO #10,000 FOR ONE MONTH IS LIVING WITH FOUR WIFE'S, TELL ME HOW MANY CHILDREN WILL HE HAVE?
the problem is,who are d owners of thìs children?who gave birth 2 them and dump them?how can alimajiri b stop?what are d laws doing 2 stop pple (hausa wemen) 4rm given birth 2 these useles beast dat has no use 2 humanity?if d govt wil hear my own,they sud kill all almajiri 2 avoid them being used 4 suicide mission by IMAMS,SHIEKE,SULTAN,ALLAH AND PROF MUHD SAW AKA SATAN AT WAR wit wemnn

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by cigaricon(m): 8:28am On Jan 15, 2013
Arsenate: yeah and I guess armed robbery, cult killings, kidnapping, drug peddling, love peddling, gang rap*st, rituals, oil bunkering, internet scam aka yahoo yahoo all from the south are positive statistics right? Ignorant bigot.
And u feel u have to insult her to make a point sad
SMH for u. Grow up guy
Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by TonySpike: 8:31am On Jan 15, 2013
Profile: Mallam Buba Danladi
Number of Wives: 4 (Youngest: 18 yrs, Oldest: 28 yrs)
Number of Children: 12
Probability of having more kids: 80% (all wives are fertile)
Number of Children in Western Schools: 0
Number of Children in Quranic Schools: 8

That's the typical statistics you may get from the some parts of the North. The reality is very real. There's a Maiguard next to my house (from Sokoto, I think) in Lagos, He has just a wife and 5 kids already. A maiguard, with no sustenable means of income, in a city like Lagos having 5 kids. Isn't that madness?

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Muslim northerrners are giving birth to many children intentionally. Incase you don't know by the next 20 years it won't matter whether any southerner voted or not they will win the election. That is why no matter how poor a muslim in the north they make sure they give birth to as many as possible. And whenever anybody raise issue of population control the north will attack viciously, recall last year when jonathan mentioned population control and the north went haywire, infact one newspaper columnist -Idang Alibi of daily trust insulted jonathan in his column for many weeks on that matter. The north know what they are doing, it is obvious that southerners don't have more than 2-3 kids nowadays so to them it is an opportunity to overrun the country by increasing their population. All my contemporaries from the north that are muslims already have more than 7 kids each and counting, and they don't care whether they can cater for them or not since there will always be a jona to blame it on. Nobody should be fooled they know exactly what they are doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos / Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. / Man Cuts Off Thumb Used In Voting For President Buhari (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.