Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Topic closed. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Topic closed. (12547 Views)

CLOSED / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Port Harcourt Airport (phc) Closed Until December! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Topic closed. by Arcard(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
Youngzedd:

This igbo lang is not readable.
d guy no sabi write in igbo.
Re: Topic closed. by nollywood20: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Haus of Dinma: My Oyibo spent a couple of weeks in Naija, and this is her first hand view of Naija

You can read the whole story at http://www.cameliabold.com/post/40369744293/oyibo and check out other articles at http://www.cameliabold.com/
Share with friends if you like the article. grin

Also check out my articles. http://blog.hausofdinma.com/ and photos of Lagos and Owerri http://lover.hausofdinma.com/. Cheers!

Beautiful and honest to God narrative from a white person with soul and not with arrogance.
Re: Topic closed. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
mychaella: This article was cooked. The mix of past and present tense in the same sentence or paragraph was appalling. The use of metaphors wasn't convincing in the least bit. Plus, are we so starved of 'oyinbos' that we would fawn over them in the streets?
Have you ever been to Yaba market before? If you have, then you'd understand.

1 Like

Re: Topic closed. by basty: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Good piece
Re: Topic closed. by KINGwax(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Evn if the article was cooked or fried, if it were written by a nigerian, one thing am glad abt: someone got the sense to write a nice thing abt my country!
Evn if it were to pass as a fiction, it wasnt a wrong lie

3 Likes

Re: Topic closed. by ono(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
hollandis: lies which oyinbo will say "i was sweating like christmas goat" ? That na Nigerian phrase ever ,now and will be grin

I think say na only me see that one. Lie lie. The babe na naija born oyinbo girl jo!
Re: Topic closed. by executinal(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Interesting and nice experience

1 Like

Re: Topic closed. by ITbomb(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
When is she coming to the Niger Delta?
She would love the view from the creeks
Re: Topic closed. by brownlord: 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nice essay, na small tin remain i for believe say e really happen anyway@op good job, try again next time
Re: Topic closed. by Symphony007: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
It warms my heart that not every foreigner has a negative view of nigeria. It's so sad the reputation we have, i was reading an article on a foreign media website about nigeria sending troops to help mali, when i got to the comments section i was expecting praise and admiration for my brave country. Rather i saw comments like "so nigeria will help mali by defrauding them via the internet". Not a single positive comment. It was really sad folks.

1 Like

Re: Topic closed. by funkymedina: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
you people here at nairaland are so gulible, you believe everything. Within 5secs its obvious oyibo no write this. Its an interesting story. If your a writer why not say here is a story i wrote..??
Domain Name: CAMELIABOLD.COM

Registrant:
chimdinma onwuama oyibo ko, oyibo ni.
Re: Topic closed. by AfroBlue(m): 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
humor .....

Re: Topic closed. by osifred(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Na Nigeria person write this thing jor.
Re: Topic closed. by slimfit1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Positive story yet embarrassing it would have been the opposite in Europe
Re: Topic closed. by AAC: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Re: Topic closed. by Nonybb: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Come to maiduguri we love u
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Youngzedd:

This igbo lang is not readable.
i agree...odikwa egwoo!!
Re: Topic closed. by HausofDinma: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
deleted
Re: Topic closed. by Ezyp(m): 5:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
hollandis: lies which oyinbo will say "i was sweating like christmas goat" ? That na Nigerian phrase ever ,now and will be grin
wen i saw that line i knw d story is fake...
Re: Topic closed. by FlyboyZee: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
I went to the link, but couldn't find no pix.

My peeps! Please, Where the pix art meeennnnnnnn!!!!!!!!
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
nollywood20:

Beautiful and honest to God narrative from a white person with soul and not with arrogance.
some people on here are already criticising saying its not written by a white person, typical naija mindset
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
ono:

I think say na only me see that one. Lie lie. The babe na naija born oyinbo girl jo!
guy my onyibo wife in england can speak proper igbo, if you must know
Re: Topic closed. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
ok, i swallow my words!
Re: Topic closed. by Lifted1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
hmmm....is it jst me or is the phrase "sweating like a Christmas goat" in d second or so paragraph quite...."un-Caucasian" or "un oyiboish"
Re: Topic closed. by HausofDinma: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
deleted

3 Likes

Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
funky medina: you people here at nairaland are so gulible, you believe everything. Within 5secs its obvious oyibo no write this. Its an interesting story. If your a writer why not say here is a story i wrote..??
Domain Name: CAMELIABOLD.COM

Registrant:
chimdinma onwuama oyibo ko, oyibo ni.
guy there was no need puting an innocent persons name on here just because you are skeptical, what were you trying to prove?
Re: Topic closed. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
you beat me to it. Which kind agbakara Oyibo be that.
Re: Topic closed. by funkymedina: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
BUSH MAN: guy there was no need puting an innocent persons name on here just because you are skeptical, what were you trying to prove?
na fake story!! its public information and his twitter handle
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
Haus of Dinma: Thank you to everyone who enjoyed the story! grin God bless y'all

Notice I said "My Oyibo" visited Naija right? so where does domain name registration become a lie? Naija people don't want to believe at all, na wah for you oooo

You disgust me. Now look at the picture below, is that not Yaba market? look at her hand, are those not 1000 Naira notes, The only reason I am responding to you, is because you foolishly put my name on Nairaland. dont mind the idiot he obviously is skeptical he just need to get out more, as i said in my earlier comment my oyibo wife in england can speak fluent igbo

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Topic closed. by razznaija(f): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
"Sweating like a Christmas goat" this phrase made me rethink the originality of the write-up, but I later changed my mind when i visited her blog.
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
funky medina:
na fake story!! its public information and his twitter handle
right.. pardon my ignorance then
Re: Topic closed. by HausofDinma: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
b

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASTMA Averts Fire Explosion, Arrests Tanker Driver / Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where? / Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.