Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? (2725 Views)

Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN / Photos Of Stranded Passengers At The Airport Due To Fuel Scarcity / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by NoWee(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2010
Hi

I live in the UK and Enugu is my destination whenever I visit Nigeria. I usually come through Abuja and take a flight to Enugu. I will soon travel to Enugu but I don’t know what to do now that Enugu airport is closed because of the ongoing upgrade.

Please, does anyone know the safest way to get to Enugu from Abuja? Is bus a good option? If yes, how many hours does it take to reach Enugu? And which bus depot is located near the airport?
Re: What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by Dimka76(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2010
Why not fly to Owerri, then from there take a taxi to Enugu. In Abuja most buses load from Jabi. For Enugu Peace Mass Should be ur best bet. Just ask a cab driver to take u to peace mass in Jabi. Shld be lke seven hrs by rd. not too sure though. Best bet, Owerri.
Re: What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by aroy1: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2010
@poster

Since you emphasised safety, I'd advise you fly to the closest airport to Enugu & continue the rest by road.Nigerian roads are not too good and armed robberies/motor accidents are not uncommon in long distance journey.Just my piece of advice.
Re: What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by NoWee(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2010
Guys,

I thank you all for your responses. They are highly appreciated.

Supposing that I fly to Owerri airport, where (which commercial vehicle depot) can I catch a ride to Enugu? And what is the best way to get to the depot from the airport?
Re: What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by chelseabmw(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2010
take a flight to a state closer to enugu and then use a taxi to complete ur journey
Re: What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2010
chelseabmw:

take a flight to a state closer to enugu and then use a taxi to complete your journey
Gbam! ! !

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Don't Help Themselves In Overseas Like Other Country Do. / Nigerians Don Suffer Sha - Even Morocco / Fatal Accident Along Akure-Owo Road, Passengers Burnt Beyond Recognition(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.