Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Topic closed. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Topic closed. (12546 Views)

CLOSED / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Port Harcourt Airport (phc) Closed Until December! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Topic closed. by JimmyBoy1: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
whatever, the article is devoid of negativity, so I enjoyed it.
Re: Topic closed. by BUSHMAN1: 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Jimmy Boy: whatever, the article is devoid of negativity, so I enjoyed it.
absolutely!
Re: Topic closed. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
All of u who have eyes to see that d oyibo said "sweating like christmas goat",dont u have brains to knw dat an outlander can learn new words n phrases in a new country after spending sometime there? Na wa 4 una o! Always looking out to criticize everything.SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Topic closed. by trent9002(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Haus of Dinma: My Oyibo spent a couple of weeks in Naija, and this is her first hand view of Naija

You can read the whole story at http://www.cameliabold.com/post/40369744293/oyibo and check out other articles at http://www.cameliabold.com/
Share with friends if you like the article. grin

Also check out my articles. http://www.hausofdinma.com/ and photos of Lagos and Owerri http://lover.hausofdinma.com/. Cheers!
"I felt I was sweating like a
Christmas goat."
I'm pretty sure a foreigner didn't write this.
Re: Topic closed. by jadakiss213(m): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
trent9002:
"I felt I was sweating like a
Christmas goat."
I'm pretty sure a foreigner didn't write this.
Whatever man!!
Re: Topic closed. by chessguru1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
mychaella: This article was cooked. The mix of past and present tense in the same sentence or paragraph was appalling. The use of metaphors wasn't convincing in the least bit. Plus, are we so starved of 'oyinbos' that we would fawn over them in the streets?
U would b surprised!!
Re: Topic closed. by Namiad(m): 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
ochukoccna: Very interesting article
Good to read something refreshing from an oyibo which lacked their unmasked bias
Yet Star beer ain't 1 litre
Also you wonder why ish like this dont grace the front page
did u actually read everytin?menh,it got me bored
Re: Topic closed. by Jibsonified(m): 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ok..ok..ok.. that brings me to d question begging 4 answer: What's d origin or who originated that phrase.."sweating like christmas goat"?
Re: Topic closed. by Originalsly: 12:35am On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=trent9002WWWfelt I was sweating like a
Christmas goat."
I'm pretty sure a foreigner didn't write this.[/quote] This just tells me how dumb some people can be.So many people never ever left Nigeria and use American slangs or sayings. Does that make them Americans? If someone spends time in Nigeria and socialize they will pick up Nigerian slangs.Does that make them Nigerian? I found the blog to be interesting and entertaining and never for a moment doubted it was written by a foreigner...and from that part of the US.Many of the things mentioned would not be noticed by a Nigerian.
Re: Topic closed. by ernestleon(m): 12:45am On Jan 17, 2013
@OP NA U FIND TROBLE.....Haters were peacefuly and silently hating until you gave them something to think about.
Re: Topic closed. by Venchy: 1:29am On Jan 17, 2013
Fabulous.
Re: Topic closed. by dnawah(m): 8:04am On Jan 17, 2013
It is like Lagos people don't have name 4 Ube.hey make i tell u Abino and bleaching mama no be with o!
Re: Topic closed. by Upspace: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
I believe ur Oyibo narrated her experience to you and you 'helped' her write it. If she wrote this herself, she's soooo Nigerian. Good to hone ur writing skills but still a long way to go if you want to sound western.
Re: Topic closed. by otokx(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nice stuff though some doubt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Travelling With United Nigeria / LASTMA Averts Fire Explosion, Arrests Tanker Driver / Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.