Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" (1733 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Suit To Stop INEC From Using Card Readers During The Election Instituted! / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by radiovibe: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
I am still trying to understand the term "State of Origin in Nigeria". I have done some internet research but I still have not come to a conclusive definition.
Can an educated audience, Please enlighten us.
Re: Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by palmwine(m): 1:50am On Feb 29, 2008
Well, its suppose to be the state your father hail from. It has no real use except that in nigeria every thing is done on quota system. so you need it to gain admission, get a job or appointment into govt establishment or to benefit anything from the nigeria nation state grin
Re: Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by jom28gy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
The state of origin, is the origin of discrimination,,it divide us than unite us,by implications, they are trying how to removed it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by realstars: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
In Nigeria,, the state you come from, and the original village of your father. Simple..
Re: Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by Nowenuse: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2019
jom28gy:
The state of origin, is the origin of discrimination,,it divide us than unite us,by implications, they are trying how to removed it.

I'm sorry, but the STATE OF ORIGIN clause has come to stay in Nigeria. It can never be removed because we are not a homogenous country.
It can only work in a homogenous country or a country where everybody has a sense of oneness.

If it is removed, minority tribes also stand to be the most disadvantaged.
Re: Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" by Omoodua007: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
Look at the shameless Omo Igbo thread develop your area and enjoy your state of origin perks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU / Breakingnews: Ait Studios And Office At Alagbado, Lagos Is On Fire / Scorecard For Education In Lagos ( A Must Read )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.