Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? (1621 Views)

Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever / Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by detopshot(m): 5:05am On Feb 27, 2010
Considering the state of the polity and the way the leadership of the upper house has handled issues or even from commencement of the fourth republic, Who's your best nigerian senate president ever?
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by naijamini(m): 5:06am On Feb 27, 2010
What Senate??
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 27, 2010
Senator Ken Nnamani, Fair, Mature, Intelligent, and he crowned it all with the way he handled third term
naijamini:

What Senate??
Stop being ignorant, just answer or leave the thread, why do we always complain without comending people who do things right, if you do not follow the senate sessions or write to your senator its no ones fault but yours, have you ever written how u feel to your senator and he did not reply you? Do you even know where his counstuency office is?
Your role in democracy is not just to complain but to act through the right channels. If you feel strongly on an issue write to your rep, he will reply you. Even when you have pressing issues you need his intervention with, write, Not to ask for money but for example if you were wrongly disengaged from work or unjustly treated, that is what they are there for but when people like you only complain and do nothing this is what you get
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by sjeezy8: 6:20am On Feb 27, 2010
Ken
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Onlytruth(m): 6:23am On Feb 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

Ken

I have to agree with this odeboy jeezy cool
Ken Nnamani
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by naijamini(m): 6:27am On Feb 27, 2010
@Aisha2
I know you mean well, but everyone has biases, and I suspect one here. Otherwise, I don't know how anyone could think of this senate and the past one, and be asking about who is anybody's best senate president.

Nigeria is loaded down with problems, but all they sit and do in Abuja is behave like it is some advanced economy that is traveling the world in steady state. I don't need to write any letter to anybody, we all know what Nigeria's problems are. They are the ones taking the publics money, and implicitly promising better times for Nigerians. Please show me the bills dealing with Education, Electricity, Transportation, Health, etc that this senate and the past have written. They spend time allocating money without any plans.

Ken Nnamani is your best senate president, and his best achievement is that he helped put down the third term bid. In four or so years that is his achievement. kudos to him. It is a country of low expectations that is why the only thing they need is money, and nothing else, to become leaders in Nigeria.

I will thank them when they deserve to be thanked.

By the way that was my answer: What Senate?

aisha2:

Senator Ken Nnamani, Fair, Mature, Intelligent, and he crowned it all with the way he handled third termStop being ignorant, just answer or leave the thread, why do we always complain without comending people who do things right, if you do not follow the senate sessions or write to your senator its no ones fault but yours, have you ever written how u feel to your senator and he did not reply you? Do you even know where his counstuency office is?
Your role in democracy is not just to complain but to act through the right channels. If you feel strongly on an issue write to your rep, he will reply you. Even when you have pressing issues you need his intervention with, write, Not to ask for money but for example if you were wrongly disengaged from work or unjustly treated, that is what they are there for but when people like you only complain and do nothing this is what you get
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by onelink205: 6:30am On Feb 27, 2010
here is my best senate in naija till tomorrow, ken nnamani -- my respect to u sir, senate ken Nnamani
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 27, 2010
naijamini:

@Aisha2
I know you mean well, but everyone has biases, and I suspect one here. Otherwise, I don't know how anyone could think of this senate and the past one, and be asking about who is anybody's best senate president.

Nigeria is loaded down with problems, but all they sit and do in Abuja is behave like it is some advanced economy that is traveling the world in steady state. I don't need to write any letter to anybody, we all know what Nigeria's problems are. They are the ones taking the publics money, and implicitly promising better times for Nigerians. Please show me the bills dealing with Education, Electricity, Transportation, Health, etc that this senate and the past have written. They spend time allocating money without any plans.

Ken Nnamani is your best senate president, and his best achievement is that he helped put down the third term bid. In four or so years that is his achievement. kudos to him. It is a country of low expectations that is why the only thing they need is money, and nothing else, to become leaders in Nigeria.

My dear if you dont write to your rep then you re guilty of the same thing you accuse them of inaction. They cannot solve all the problems at a glance but you can inform them of the direct issues you want them to intervene in. Thants how democracy works
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by hardywaltz(m): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2010
Ayim Puis Ayim
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by naijamini(m): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2010
aisha2:

My dear if you dont write to your rep then you re guilty of the same thing you accuse them of inaction. They cannot solve all the problems at a glance but you can inform them of the direct issues you want them to intervene in. Thants how democracy works

I admire your optimism. May be I am becoming too cynical, but with the kind of unbelievable events that happen daily in Nigeria it is difficult not to be.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by egift(m): 7:06am On Feb 27, 2010
Ken Nnamani - Fought when it was needed, stood by the people, left with his reputation in place, spoke the truth in clear terms when there was controversy. He was also instrumental in stopping OBJ's 3rd term agenda. No major controversy - he was also like by his colleagues (even those that disagree with him - because of how he treats issues).  http://
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by boladez(m): 7:12am On Feb 27, 2010
KEN NNAMANI is the only senate president Nigeria ever had, He looked KING KONG in the face and killed IT'S Third term agenda.

Ken Spoke up against his party's RIGGING policy both at his state level and federal level

Ken might not have been a saint but he had principles and stood by them, he is very intelligent and articulate, he missed the famous BANANA PEEL!!!!
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by kcjazz(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2010
Chuba Okadigbo!

For his swagger, intellect and the decorum he brought during proceedings.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by detopshot(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2010
Quote from aisha2: Senator Ken Nnamani, Fair, Mature, Intelligent, and he crowned it all with the way he handled third term. . . Stop being ignorant, just answer or leave the thread, why do we always complain without comending people who do things right, if you do not follow the senate sessions or write to your senator its no ones fault but yours, have you ever written how u feel to your senator and he did not reply you? Do you even know where his counstuency office is?
[quote][/quote] aisha thanks for ur comments. hope someone learnt from that. you did well to give your reasons for choosing ken, he did well in his time. i'll tell you mine soon. why i said we should consider it from the begining of fourth republic is that some of the past leaders of senate had less work to do. thanks
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by henry101(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2010
kcjazz:

Chuba Okadigbo!

Chuba was a philosopher but He was consumed by the almighty banana peel.

Ken remains the best senate president 4 now.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by detopshot(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2010
kcjazz:

Chuba Okadigbo!

Guy you don miss am. lol. . . Chuba ke?
naijamini:

@Aisha2

Bros, let's do the right thing and contribute our own quota. who knows, like aisha said, it may go a long way in bringing back the much needed development we're clamouring for. cos by then even the senators and other public servants will know that WE KNOW our rights, so they can't fool us!
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by ndigbo: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2010
'My poeple, my poeple, my poeple have asked me to say NO to third term' those were the words that stoped OBJ's third bid. Thanks to Baba Senator Ken Nnamani.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Onlytruth(m): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2010
ndigbo:

'My poeple, my poeple, my poeple have asked me to say NO to third term' [/b]those were the words that stoped OBJ's third bid. Thanks to Baba Senator Ken Nnamani.

Actually it was Senator [b]Adolphus Wabara
that said that, but Nnamani presided over the senate at that session.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2010
We never had one. We've only had fraudsters and thieves parading themselves as politicians
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
Chuba Okadigbo.He was a smart and intelligent man full of swagger.I enjoyed his 'demo'.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by detopshot(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2010
Xavier.:

We never had one. We've only had fraudsters and thieves parading themselves as politicians

OK. but among those 'thieves and fraudsters' who tried the most to show an example of what the nigerian senate should look like?
Ntom:

Chuba Okadigbo.He was a smart and intelligent man full of swagger.I enjoyed his 'demo'.
Right?
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by 006(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ken Nnamani. I wish he comes back.
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by wiseguy(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ken Nnamani ofcourse
Re: Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? by Yehman(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2010
Chuba Okadigbo. A man with a particular charisma.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan / Nigeria Navy Trains Benin Republic Against Piracy / Ojukwu Returns! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.