Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked (27819 Views)

Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Jerie(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2013
Jonathan's mother - 40 slots.
Jonathan's wife - 100 slots.
Presidency - 250 slots

We now know who d real thieves are.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Suljosh: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2013
Rooneyboy: hey, my beloved anty has been sacked ,its a pity, was just making plans on coming to see her in her office on monday.

Wld never get to see u on that ur majestic seat again.
'Aunty' not Anty!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by alexleo(m): 7:05am On Jan 16, 2013
badesco: ethnic cleansing at play here if not how do we explain a situation whereby an appointed minister sacking a career officer all because she did not carry out an instruction.

Stop this nonsense. She is sixty and due for retirement so let her go. Must you interprete every government action along ethnic lines?
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Suljosh: 7:11am On Jan 16, 2013
eldoradoxx: But this is not a sack!!! She retired from 'SARICE' at attaining 60yrs according to the excerpts frm the letter.
eldoradoxx: But this is not a sack!!! She retired from serice at attaining 60yrs according to the excerpts frm the letter.
eldoradoxx: But this is not a sack!!! She retired from serice at attaining 60yrs according to the excerpts frm the letter.
gbagaun
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by JoeMosco(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2013
Given that others (abokis) who have committed the same scam have not recieved equall punishment, this is VERY UNJUST.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by abdulkayus(m): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2013
Joe Mosco: Given that others (abokis) who have committed the same scam have not recieved equall punishment, this is VERY UNJUST.

say dat to d President GEJ, who has been kissing asses. I think we d Yorubas are even d most disadvantages at dis GEJ tym.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nwunuken(m): 7:48am On Jan 16, 2013
visionbiafra: I hate Jonathan 4 dis. Jonathan hates d Igbos. Eventhought we voted massively 4 him he's been treating us unfairly nd hugging diz bea.sts in d north dat didn't even cast a tissue paper 4 him in d ballot box. D Igbos will b mad 2 vote 4 him in 2015
jonathan love igbo more than any tribes.army,frsc,sfg etc all head by igbos.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nwunuken(m): 7:51am On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
yeye
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nwunuken(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2013
badesco: ethnic cleansing at play here if not how do we explain a situation whereby an appointed minister sacking a career officer all because she did not carry out an instruction.
ignorance she was not sack but retire after reaching age 60
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nwunuken(m): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu: Barth Nnaji sacked : They hate us

Soludo in EFCC net : they hate us

Immigration woman sacked : They hate us

Would some people ever get over this victim mentality?
they love u pius head sfg,ihijerika chief of army staff,chidoka frsc and a lot of federal post headed by igbo.in nig history after the civil war igbo had never head army chief of staff till d present man.haba we should thanks God.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by blackchief(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2013
Attaining 60 year in government service and leaving with all your entilement intact what more can you ask of God.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by JahMan1: 8:27am On Jan 16, 2013
If itz all about recruitment,then sack Sanusi of CBN and jail him.Sack Juwah of NCC and jail him alongside David Mark and those passing lists to them.
You ma sef and the presidency should stop disturbing NNPC with long lists of unqualified candidates for employment.
Do you guys have shame atall? Or are you afraid to confront northerners or men who do same recruitment scam?
NASS and presidency turned FIRS to a hell for Ifueko when she wanted to do a credible recruitment and the successful candidates were pended for more than 4 months at home after resigning from previous employments.Those NASS members and the corrupt SEC mgt are asking for Oteh's head because she refused their list.
Sometimes you guys confuse us,how do I know if it was not the same NASS that brought in the list Rosemary recruited and now she has to carry the blame.
I bet you,if it was ordinary citizens,you could have cancelled the recruitment.
This country and its leaders are comically shameful.
God will intervene.

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Yusmand: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2013
it is good for her,COMACE of FRSC shall follow soon for the same wuruwuru leadership
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by JahMan1: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2013
This man stop crying foul.
OBJ so dealt with the Igbos even when the rulership of the SE was under PDP.
He banned Ibeto from importing cement and empowered Dangota.
He banned importation of fairly-used clothes and left importation of lace materials for his people.
He only surrounded himself with Igbos that can help his government.
The Lagos Benin road was unmotorable.
The Onitsha-Enugu road that is now receiving attention was a death-trap.
The Enugu-PH road became a valley of shadow of death.
What did he not do?
Is it also unfair for GEJ to pity the Igbos?
Mine is about infrastructural development,not appointments as that has never helped.
Cry for Nigeria and leave crying for tribalism.
1121:
It is very unfair for u to say jonathan hates ibos. Have u taken statistics of key FG post under GEJ admin. Ranging from director of this to head of that. Thay are majorly ibo and hausa. If u ask me, i think jonathan admin has been very unfair to the yorubas and i know in due time God will fight 4 us. The only offence we commited is that our states are under the rulership of ACN, so 4 that we have no place in federal afair. I think that woman deserved what she got. How can u conduct an underground recruitment and employ mainly ur pple
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Symphony007: 8:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Considering all the controversy during her stay i'm not surprised at her sack but i really has hoped her replacment is also a woman. The top brass of the nigerin military and paramilitary has turned to a boy's club!!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by ujukala: 9:04am On Jan 16, 2013
Since you have attained the retirement age of 60, go in peace.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by 175(m): 9:36am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

This was actually my understanding when I read the post, but to my surprise the title and the responders must have understood differently or had some mischief up their sleeves...
This yoruba-igbo war sha...it really dulls peoples reasoning abilities

My dear u see dis our Igbo and Yoruba citizens, na tribal hate go kill dem. I mean all of dem. Nonsense people.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by bongila(f): 10:02am On Jan 16, 2013
I don't understand Nigerians at times. The same people who have been clamoring for GEJ to weed out theee corrupt are now saying he is being tribalistic,he is trying to Persecute the woman for not letting him taste the honey pot.

Believe me if he sacks Dieazani and Ngozi today,it will also be because of something else.
Kudos Jona more grease to your elbow.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by revolt(m): 10:09am On Jan 16, 2013
she was like awolowo. quite a hero to some ppl.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2013
bongila: I don't understand Nigerians at times. The same people who have been clamoring for GEJ to weed out theee corrupt are now saying he is being tribalistic,he is trying to Persecute the woman for not letting him taste the honey pot.

HONEY pot at retirement age? It's more like lemon and potato fritter grin.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
gboss4sure: I can't still find the word "sacked" in this article. Or is what I read different from what these noise makers on this thread read?

It was the same for Azazi and IGP Hafiz Ringim Jona and his politeness. He will not use The word " sack" . But we are not as polite as him , so we know she was sacked.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by muktarmtt(m): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
Mtsw
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by 2kurupt(m): 10:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Nightshift: She probably recruited qualified people against the hellish quota system the ethnic/religious bigots often prefer . Or was there more to the allegations from Mallam Moro?

Do you have the facts to prove that those recruited were truely qualified & not based on ethnic lines or slots sold to the highest bidder as revealed in the media?

Let's try & be objective in our comments & criticisms
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by BeraBera(f): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Federal Ministry of Information, Nigeria

Immigration boss, Uzoma, retired (NOT SACKED)

President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the retirement of Comptroller General of Immigration (CGI), Rose Uzoma, who has also been replaced by Rilwan Bala Musa, Deputy Comptroller General of Immigration (DCGI).

Musa, the next in rank to the outgoing CGI, is to serve in acting capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Comptroller General of Immigration.

In a three-paragraph statement by Rufai Kawu Attahiru, Secretary to the Minister/Chairman of the Board of Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB), Abba Patrick Moro, Uzoma was on Tuesday directed to proceed on her accumulated pre-retirement leave.

The statement further directed that she hands over affairs of the service on or before Wednesday (today) to the DCGI while wishing her well in future endeavours.

The statement reads in part: “I am directed to convey approval of His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele, GCFR, President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, for you (Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma) to proceed on your pre-retirement accumulated leaves.

“I am to further convey that you are to hand over the duties and responsibilities of your office on or before Wednesday, January 16, 2013, to the most senior Deputy Comptroller General of Immigration in the person of Rilwan Bala Musa MNI, who will act as Comptroller General of Immigration pending the appointment of a substantive CG of Immigration.”

Confirming the development, Moro said the directive was normal in the civil service considering that the outgoing CGI is due for retirement in three months time.

The minister was fielding questions from journalists at a National Orientation Agency (NOA) event in Abuja where he dismissed insinuations that the sudden retirement of Uzoma may have something to do with recent alleged employment scam in the service.

He maintained that there was nothing wrong with the process started by Uzoma.

“It is not true that the outgoing CGI has issues with me or the reported employment issues in the Immigration Service, which I can tell you, were in order.

“There is actually nothing wrong with the process. What has happened is a normal process in the civil service; she is due for retirement in three months time, so the leave is aimed at preparing her for life after meritorious service for the nation,” stated the minister.

Meanwhile, Moro said on Tuesday that the Federal Government is to set up a committee to investigate allegations of recruitment scandal in the ministry’s agencies.

But he further debunked rumour of an ongoing recruitment exercise in the various parastat als of the ministry, assuring that there was nothing of such but that the committee that will be set up will help unravel untoward actions if there were any.

The minister also assured of his unflinching commitment towards ensuring that the parastatals under the ministry live up to their mandate of efficient service delivery.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2013
Joe Mosco: Given that others (abokis) who have committed the same scam have not recieved equall punishment, this is VERY UNJUST.

Have you reported them ? By Abokis you mean Hausa/ Fulani or other northerners I presume? I promise to team up with you and write a petition if you have the details. Of course I am a northerner ( Aboki to you).
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by rubi96(f): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
:DDnow the northerners will infiltrate immigration like they've done with customs.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Balkan(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
GEJ it would be nice if you checked other ministrires and parastital empoyees and find out how many Igbos are there.

This has been the method of recruitment in all the ministries. The normally don't advertise in the media. Why have you sigled out an Igbo person out of the whole minitries. Why are u afraid of doing the same in other ministries headed by Yorubas?

We are waiting for u in 2015
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Dede1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
@Fadelex, BetaThings and Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar

The reasons Nigeria is floundering beyond redemption can not be sought passed characters such as Fadelex, BetaThings and Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar who has been credited with posted article titled Federal Government Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment.

When I read the post, I knew what actually prompted such moves and why Mrs Rose Uzoma was at the center of the alleged controversy. My response to the said post seemed to twist certain people out human form which was not a surprise to me. After all, Nigeria is what it is and will remain so until drastic measures are taken.
I guess two days later after the said skewed article by goofy Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar was posted, the true story to saga involving Mrs Rose Uzoma and Immigration recruitment appeared in an article posted this forum.

See below:

Untold reasons Comptroller General of immigration, Rosemary Uzoma, was fired

Sources in the Nigeria Immigration Service and internal affairs ministry informed the International Centre for Investigations Reporting (icirnigeria.org) that the minister had been having a running battle for months with Mrs. Uzoma and the Comptroller General of Prisons, heads of two parastatals under his supervision, because of his interference in the running of the agencies. The sources requested anonymity for fear they might be victimised by the administration.
The minister is believed to have written a memo to President Goodluck Jonathan recommending the sack of the immigration boss alleging insubordination, particularly regarding recent posting and recruitment exercises conducted by the Immigration Service.
The minister, in the memo, accused Mrs. Uzoma of reversing the postings across the board approved by him for officers and men of the Service, three weeks after resumption of the affected officers in their new posts, thereby creating confusion.
PREMIUM TIMES could not reached Mr. Moro for comments this morning. Calls to his mobile telephone failed to go through.
However, sources in the Service accused the minister of high handedness, abuse of office, corruption, nepotism and ethnicity, and maintain that the immigration boss got the boot because she resisted attempts by the minister to usurp the functions of her office.
For example, the minister is said to have usurped the duties of the comptrollers general of immigration and prison services so much so that he was directly involved in the posting of very junior officers.
Before Mr. Moro became interior minister, the tradition in the services was for the comptrollers general to undertake all the postings in their agencies. The CG sent only the list of assistant comptrollers general and deputy comptrollers general to the minister for approval. Most times, since the minister does not know the men, he trusts the CG’s judgment and approves the posting.
However, it is alleged that the interior minister had personally taken interest in postings in the immigration and prison services and handled postings of men as low in rank as chief superintendents.
According to our sources, the minister and his aides actually pay attention to the minutest details of posting to the extent that they post people to specific offices, desks and schedules.
This high handedness on the part of the minister, it is said, has bred a lot of indiscipline in the services, particularly in the commands, because junior officers who got postings through the him no longer subjected themselves to the comptrollers in the commands.
The minister and Mrs. Uzoma are said to have quarreled over many issues bothering on usurpation of her functions, but the immediate problem that led to her ouster began in November when she undertook new postings in the service.
She is said to have sent the list of assistant comptrollers general and deputy comptrollers general to the minister as was the tradition. After receiving approval from the minister, the general posting was published and the exercise effected.
However, it is alleged that many junior officers who did not like their new postings ran to the minister and his aides who then reposted them.
This created many problems. In some places, officers were posted to positions being held by people who were not redeployed, thus creating the confusing state of two persons holding one post.
The other problem, according to sources, was that some offices who were under investigations or had been indicted or queried for offences ranging from theft, embezzlement and fraud were posted to sensitive security positions that would compromise the service.
In other cases, people from the same family were posted to the same unit, something that is usually avoided in the service to prevent all kinds of breaches. For example, in the ministers posting, a lady from Adamawa is said to have lobbied and gotten a posting to Delta State as Passport Control Officer.
The snag is that the comptroller of the Delta State command of the service happened to be not only from the same state but is actually her cousin.
It was gathered that the CG decided to rectify these anomalies after a month of receiving complaints from several commands and last week Wednesday came out with a list of about 46 names to be affected in a new posting exercise to put things in order.
This exercise affected only comptrollers and below and not assistant comptrollers general and deputy comptrollers general whose postings have to be vetted by the minister.
That was when all hell broke loose. Many of those who were favoured in the minister’s initial revised posting ran to him to complain. It is alleged that the minister told all those affected to ignore the CG’s new posting and last Friday wrote Mrs Uzoma to reverse her latest posting declaring it null and void.
The CG is said to have maintain that she had sole prerogative under the law to effect the posting of comptrollers and below, a position that greatly irked the minister.
The minister, it is alleged, is also executing an agenda meant to further his political ambition to become the governor of Benue State in 2015. He was accused of posting his kinsmen and people from his state in key, strategic positions that are regarded as “juicy and lucrative” with the belief that they will help sponsor his ambition to rule his state.
The minister, since assuming office, for example, has posted five persons from his home state,Benue, to take charge of commands as comptrollers in fragrant disregard of the federal character principle.
Of these, three are men from his Idoma tribe. These are CIS Ogbu Adadu, Seme Command; CISIdu Batholomew, Kwara State command and CIS Igoche Ogwuji Samuel in charge of Cross River State command.
The two other persons from Benue State, both Tivs, who head commands, are CIS Abin and CISGbuuga, heads of Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom commands respectively.
The inequality and nepotism that Moro has bred is such that while Benue State has five officers heading commands, a state like Katsina has five qualified comptrollers but none of them heads any command. There are many examples like that.
The minister’s memo to the president complaining of her insubordination, our sources said, was aimed at misinforming the President and covering up the fact that it is the minister who was trying to usurp her function.
Our sources point out that the CG only tinkered with the posting of comptrollers downwards over which she had absolute discretionary powers while leaving intact the postings of assistant comptrollers general and deputy comptrollers general, which the minister has to approve before it can be effected.
Mrs. Uzoma, who was appointed CG Immigrations in July 2010, was billed to retire from service in March, 2013, when she clocks 60.

http://premiumtimesng.com
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by marshal4us(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ignorance is a dangerous disease. Instead of feeling insulted, say thanks for the free education and understanding the poster gave you. Next time, research or educate yourself first before insulting people's intelligence with ignorance and backward talk.
ur education was a waste of resources and time. Hope what i'm noticed in you wont affect your offspring.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by danjalingo: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
kpozite: Welcome to Nigeria, This is a conspiracy by greedy people who were not satisfied by the number of slots given them. So none is a saint here.
exactly, Abba Moro did d same last yr at NSCDC wen he single handedly recruited without ad.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013

You are calling her a" career officer" when she is just a dishonorable woman who betrayed trust given to her by the whole country. A disgraceful act of employing only her tribe. She should be dismissed with ignominy and without any gratuity or pension just to discourage others in the service from such shameful conduct. Now who ever is taking her position will spend valuable time reviewing and weeding out all the trash she employed. We are going to press for a review of all employments while she was in office , and weeding out of those employed without due process.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by oyekanwahab(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
Imaging knowing why this man was sacked today

if not BUA press statement one won't know he used his power in a bad way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

150 Drowned, Others Shot Dead While Running ‪from ‎boko Haram‬ In Yobe / Photos From Isa Abdulsalami Abubakar's Wedding / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.