Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked (27820 Views)

Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by olillywales(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has relieved Mrs. Rosemary Chinyere Uzoma of her duties as the Comptroller General of Immigration Service and has appointed Mr. Rilwan Bala Musa to replace her in acting capacity.

Musa's appointment was contained a statement signed by the Director/Secretary, Civil Defence, Fire Service, Immigration and Prisons Board (CDFIPB), Dr. K.R. Attahiru for the Minister of interior/ Chairman CDFIPB. Comrade Abba Moro. The latter, until this appoint was the most senior Deputy Comptroller of Immigration Service.
The statement signed on the minister's behalf, read thus: "I am directed to convey approval of His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele, GCFR President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, for you (Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma) to proceed on your pre retirement accumulated leaves.

"I am to further convey that you are to hand over the duties and responsibilities of your office on or Wednesday, 16th January, 2013 to the most senior Deputy Comptroller General of Immigration in the person of Rilwan Bala Musa MNI, who will act as Comptroller General of Immigration pending the appointment of a substantive CG of Immigration.

"On behalf of the Hon. Minister of Interior and all members of the board, I wish to thank you for your service to Nigeria. The board wishes you good luck in your future endeavour. The statement by Dr. Attahiru concluded."

It would be recalled that Mrs. Uzoma, who was given the mantle of leadership of the Immigration service on July 30, 2010, was believed to have narrowly edged out Mr. Babajide Brown, an older Deputy Controller of the Service (DCG) in a closely fought battle for the position.

Sources close to the ousted Immigration boss say Uzoma, who was expected to enjoy three months terminal leave after attaining the mandatory retirement age of 60 years, had been dropped in national interest, after failing to execute a directive by the minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro to immediately cancel the result of an alleged controversial and scandalous recruitment exercise.

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/comptroller-general-of-immigration-service-sacked/

2 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nightshift(m): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
She probably recruited qualified people against the hellish quota system the ethnic/religious bigots often prefer . Or was there more to the allegations from Mallam Moro?

5 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by obi4eze(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
This is serious! Heard of the recruitment issue but didn't know that it would lead to her sack. What a shame!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by shiftbutton: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Another lamp sacrificed on the altar of pleasing okoB.

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by wesley80(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nightshift: She probably recruited qualified people against the hellish quota system the ethnic/religious bigots often prefer . Or was there more to the allegations from Mallam Moro?

Quit being an airhead, that recruitment process was a farce as places were sold weeks in advance while thousands of ordinary Nigerians were made to waste their resources battling for non existent positions. As far as I'm concerned, its good riddance.

15 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Yarn2me(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
Learnt she was a bit dubious with the would be recruitment before now...na wa ooo
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nightshift(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
wesley80:

Quit being an airhead, that recruitment process was a farce as places were sold weeks in advance while thousands of ordinary Nigerians were made to waste their resources battling for non existent positions. As far as I'm concerned, its good riddance.
So you have the facts ? You don't have to insult someone before writing your facts . Not a bright way of making points .

2 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Yarn2me(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
I guess she was ditched for the fake recruitment advert...or will i say signing of coveted offers for employment

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nightshift: So you have the facts ? You don't have to insult someone before writing your facts . Not a bright way of making points .

Ignorance is a dangerous disease. Instead of feeling insulted, say thanks for the free education and understanding the poster gave you. Next time, research or educate yourself first before insulting people's intelligence with ignorance and backward talk.

10 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nightshift(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ignorance is a dangerous disease. Instead of feeling insulted, say thanks for the free education and understanding the poster gave you. Next time, research or educate yourself first before insulting people's intelligence with ignorance and backward talk.
I am not ignorant about how the system is often twisted in Nigeria . Perhaps you, Omo Eko?
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
I hope this is spread to other government parastatals.

5 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nusirat(m): 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
What a same to end someone happiness,in fact am sincerely sympathise with her.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by OX59(m): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
This is indeed nice..........let that tribalist go!

8 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by obicentlis: 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Retired or sacked?

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

Well said

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nightshift: I am not ignorant about how the system is often twisted in Nigeria . Perhaps you, Omo Eko?

Maybe you quote where exactly he was insulting her personality or was the grammar to big for you... let me quote him again so you can reread and understand.
wesley80:

2 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by badesco(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
ethnic cleansing at play
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
nusirat: What a same to end someone happiness,in fact[b] am sincerely sympathise [/b]with her.

I want to play the gbaguan master today...lol grin grin grin
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by visionbiafra: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
I hate Jonathan 4 dis. Jonathan hates d Igbos. Eventhought we voted massively 4 him he's been treating us unfairly nd hugging diz bea.sts in d north dat didn't even cast a tissue paper 4 him in d ballot box. D Igbos will b mad 2 vote 4 him in 2015

6 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by donchris369: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Rooneyboy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
hey, my beloved anty has been sacked ,its a pity, was just making plans on coming to see her in her office on monday.

Wld never get to see u on that ur majestic seat again.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Chanchit: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Its quite unusual for people to loose their jobs like this in Nigeria, but on a good day its enough reason for a sack, so thumbs up GEJ for standing up for applicants. Btw I hope thats the only reason for her sack.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Omexonomy: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

. Look at the number of viewers and no comment do you know why THEY ARE AFFRAID OF INSULT FROM YOU AND YOUR FELLOW GOONS.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by kpozite(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria, This is a conspiracy by greedy people who were not satisfied by the number of slots given them. So none is a saint here.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by ucheheart(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hmmm! Comment still loading....
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
Serves her right. She probably got drunk on her position, and forgot that she had superiors (The President and the Minister of Interior - in that order). I'm sure her sack has much to do with her insubordination, specifically with the disrespectful way she reacted to the Minister of Interior's order to cancel the recruitment process.

It's uunbelievable that a woman with her experience in the public service could be so reckless and tactless in her dealings with her boss. She ought to know better.

3 Likes

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Omexonomy: 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
donchris369: Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
whot sort of nonesense are we not going to read on nairaland http://www.punchng.com/news/sng-flays-jonathans-silence-on-absentee-govs/
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by EkoIle1: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nightshift: I am not ignorant about how the system is often twisted in Nigeria . Perhaps you, Omo Eko?

You are ignorant regarding this topic. Period.

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by ifeegee(f): 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ihis was long coming after her "we do not want to employ terrorist" saga.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by EkoIle1: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
visionbiafra: I hate Jonathan 4 dis. Jonathan hates d Igbos. Eventhought we voted massively 4 him he's been treating us unfairly nd hugging diz bea.sts in d north dat didn't even cast a tissue paper 4 him in d ballot box. D Igbos will b mad 2 vote 4 him in 2015

The usual victim and tribal mentality ...
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Igwe9(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Reserved space pending the outcome of my investigation
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by eldoradoxx: 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
obi4eze: This is serious! Heard of the recruitment issue but didn't know that it would lead to her sack. What a shame!
But this is not a sack!!! She retired from serice at attaining 60yrs according to the excerpts frm the letter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

150 Drowned, Others Shot Dead While Running ‪from ‎boko Haram‬ In Yobe / Fani-Kayode: "I Will Never Leave PDP Till Thy Kingdom Come" - Throwback Video / Pepple: Our Candidate is not ready, I remain LP Chairman in Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.