Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business (2356 Views)

Carpet Grass Car In Akure That Has Got Everyone Talking: (photos) / SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Rocktation(f): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
40-year-old Ojo Obaniyi, a talented artisan from the Nigerian city of Ibadan has come up with an ingenious way of advertising his raffia palm cane weaving services – he covered the inside and outside of his Volkswagen pickup, in the natural material.

There are a lot of raffia palm cane weavers in Nigeria, but he among the many has managed to attract the attention of the whole internet, after photos of his unique advertisement-on-wheels were picked up by major news sites.

When he was done covering the entire car body, the wheel caps, chairs, steering wheel and dashboard, he jumped in his one-of-a-kind vehicle and started driving around the city, attracting the attention of passers-by.

Ojo, who has 20 years of experience weaving raffia palm cane, said “I wanted to prove a point that it is not only the educated elite that can make positive changes in society. We, the artisans also have talents to effect a change and make a positive impact in the society. That is why I decided that I too must do something that will make people to recognize me and know me across the whole world and by extension, prove to the world that Africa and indeed the entire Black Race, have very talented people.”

This just goes to show you creative ideas and talent don’t need big advertising budgets to be effective.

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/nigerian-artisan-covers-car-in-woven-raffia-palm-cane-to-advertise-his-business.html

Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Rocktation(f): 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
cool

Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by merciie(f): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Was expecting to see something hideous, but the car actually looks reall nice. Like something louis vuitton would put up on the runway
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nice. Perfect for temperature control
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Rocktation(f): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hideous? Because they mentioned Nigerian bah? Such little faith. smiley
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
ingenious cool
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
I've seen this before. Very creative.
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by merciie(f): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Rocktation: Hideous? Because they mentioned Nigerian bah? Such little faith. smiley

no...haba, the mention of "raffia palm" caused it
Re: Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business by Tatia(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
Have almost a kilometer long rafia palm trees off Fasola Farm Settlement.
If you re interested call 832 994 8074 for more info.

(1) (Reply)

P Or LT Tires....what Does Your Minivan/light Truck/suv Use? / 4LO Sign On Lexus Lx460 / Tokunbo Engine For Honda Bulldog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.