Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,612 members, 7,851,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... - Education (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... (1149316 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session / Futa Admission For 2013/2014 Session / Obafemi Awolowo University (oau), 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1885) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mickey7(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
u guys are just saying d same tin a million tyms ova, in diffrnt ways.,,nw i feel lyk i dnt want to hear/read anytin anymore oda dan news dt d merit list is out!
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mickey7(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mickey7: u guys are just saying d same tin a million tyms ova, in diffrnt ways.,,nw i feel lyk i dnt want to hear/read anytin anymore oda dan news dt d merit list is out!
OMG! Today's a good day
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Trafford: Okay engineering aspirants, lemme say a thing or 2 about you guys.. I hope you get my point.

I remember last year when I checked n I saw 58..I applied for Law actually, n deep down inside.. I felt it might not be good enough to grant me that course, still I was optimistic I'd get a good course. I had classmates who applied for engineering, some scored 53..some 51.

N for some reasons, they envied me cuz they thought I had a higher chance of securing admission. Looking at both scores..you'd think so too ..right? It actually was our first jamb, postume.. So we really didn't know whatsup, you may call us.."novice".. Yea yea! I become the one encouraging them "guy no fear, as far as una cross 50 so, something must dey for una.. Trust me"

Lo and behold, August 3rd..I remember, I checked my status.. What did I see? "not admitted"... I felt okay.. My score wasn't the best afterall.. I reached them.. "oboy! How far na.. Uniben no gimme" guess what? I became "the encouraged"... Remember I was the one encourging them at first, why did it change now? Because they were admitted!

Yes! With their 53, 51.. They weren't just admitted.. But their names came out in the Merit list..n yes! They got their desired courses! One went for Computer engineering, n d other went for Mechanical Engineering.. I think

while with my 58, I kept waiting for 2nd batch, then the "hidden 3rd batch".. Yes! There is a hidden 3rd batch, but that isn's something one should pray for..trust me.

I waited, I prayed, I fasted, I hoped cuz I believe.. My "58 is good enough for a course, even if it's an educational course, Uniben..please consider me".. But Uniben kept telling "Son, we have nothing for you, you are not good enough".. The truth was staring at me right on the eyes, but I had to wait till Feb where the Matric was held to realise truly, its over. But Thank God for the journey so far this year. U know, sometimes..I look back at the past.. N the one thing I tell myself is.. I'm glad all that happened..believe me.

Well, I guess you get my point now, don't go about comparing your scores especially with those who aren't in the same department with you. You never can tell the general performance in a particular department.

And one thing I noticed about engineering is.. It isn't really competitive as people think compared to some other courses sha o. And at the same time, things are difficult there. I guess that explains the "low" scores you see.
So don't look at your 59, n see someone else with 64(especially in another department) and think s/he have a higher chance than you. Hell to the NO! And because you think you scored "high".. It doesn't end there. They are many out there hiding their scores..n don't think it's because its low n they are ashamed of it..No no, they have their reasons.

Yes! Nairaland is big enough, but don't make the mistake of trying to acertain any cutoff from the scores you see here.

That you scored 100/100 or "odo"/100 isn't a yardstick to misbehave or think "finally".. Continue with your prayers..n I believe the GOOD LORD who started it would surely complete the testimony wink

sorry for the epistle , I'm just used to typing this long, I try to stop it..but I can't sad

thanks 4 d inspiring words.. Dis year is our year.. Its my first tym writing putme.. God has so blessed me dat i have never written any exam twice and i knw dat he will finish the good work he has started.. C u at d matriculation ceremony 4 2013/2014 academic session IJN AMEN

2 Likes

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Jeez...av been seein pume scores dat r xo high especially in law nd medcine, am nt sure it has eva been lyk diz
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jelel6: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
guys, I agree that you may be given something else. Now to me thats the jaw dropper. Am an engineering aspirant, but there are courses I consider unacceptable by me. I mean I WOULD REJECT IT.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jelel6: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
denthon: Jeez...av been seein pume scores dat r xo high especially in law nd medcine, am nt sure it has eva been lyk diz
scores you could only dream of. Kudos to the med and law seekers. You are all winners.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
jelel6:
scores you could only dream of. Kudos to the med and law seekers. You are all winners.

Am nt sure diz yr medcine cut off mark iz going 2 be 65....,coz some scores r unbelievable
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by ditrix(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dis scoers of a tyn some na lie o, bt ppl no just dey post dem score at all,e b like I go stop am o. Trafford just talk wetyn I like, some pll jst dey scarman dey watch wetyn dey happen
. 4 me I Blv I am GODs candidate and He is working my admission in uniben and in banking. Rccg convention here I come,my year of signs and wonders

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
ditrix: Dis scoers of a tyn some na lie o, bt ppl no just dey post dem score at all,e b like I go stop am o. Trafford just talk wetyn I like, some pll jst dey scarman dey watch wetyn dey happen
. 4 me I Blv I am GODs candidate and He is working my admission in uniben and in banking. Rccg convention hear I come,my year of signs and wonders

I see person way score 86 4 law with ma 2 eyes.......datz huge man
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by ditrix(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Denthon which kind question dem gv dem na, I dey sure say maths no dey. Dem gv us 4 banking geography, y no calculator to solve maths
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by drjoebond080: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
u guys shud kip prayin .all med lab nd medical student can't wait fr u guys to join me.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
ditrix: Dis scoers of a tyn some na lie o, bt ppl no just dey post dem score at all,e b like I go stop am o. Trafford just talk wetyn I like, some pll jst dey scarman dey watch wetyn dey happen
. 4 me I Blv I am GODs candidate and He is working my admission in uniben and in banking. Rccg convention hear I come,my year of signs and wonders
pls correct d above BOLDED errors.. And i completely agree with ur last paragraph.. We are all God's candidates and i blive we have all been admitted IJN AMEN
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Emylexray(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hmm! Trafford. Your story is inspiring and emotional. Keep your faith high, God will perfect it in your life.

Btw, i love the religious optimism of every aspirant on this thread. Now everybody is anchoring to God for a miracle grin grin that's good!

If you got above 50, start praying for a miracle. And like Trafford said, a high score is no a guarantee for admission.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
ditrix: Denthon which kind question dem gv dem na, I dey sure say maths no dey. Dem gv us 4 banking geography, y no calculator to solve maths

M no knw oh....wetin I knw say na cheatin, art simple pass science yet dey go give us d same time, criteria, etc.....even 4 jamb self.....#smhow
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Trafford(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
denthon:

Am nt sure diz yr medcine cut off mark iz going 2 be 65....,coz some scores r unbelievable

yes o. Bro, U can imagine.. A guy posted he saw someone with 86 in screening.. 77 or so as aggregate. Imagine how many more are like that. Hnstly, sometimes.. I might have an idea on what d cutoff range might be, but I just cant say cuz hnstly, I dnt wanna say something that'll make anyone mad at me..probably cause his/her score doesn't fall into that range.

So let's just patiently wait for the Merit list..keep praying and hope for the best.. we'll All be there.. I believe... I strongly do
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
drjoebond080: u guys shud kip prayin .all med lab nd medical student can't wait fr u guys to join me.
we will definitely join in uniben dis year IJN AMEN.. Pls whats d maj diff between.. Med and surg and med.lab.sci
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Trafford(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Emylexray: Hmm! Trafford. Your story is inspiring and emotional. Keep your faith high, God will perfect it in your life.

Btw, i love the religious optimism of every aspirant on this thread. Now everybody is anchoring to God for a miracle grin grin that's good!

If you got above 50, start praying for a miracle. And like Trafford said, a high score is no a guarantee for admission.

haha! Na so my brother, na when trouble dey, we dey remember God.. Its sad sha, but true
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Khaydesmond(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Whif a general obveration of comp science aspirant's score...what do you think would be the cut off..taking into consideration the number of apirants who wrote the exam...pls i need a reply
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Trafford(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
denthon:

M no knw oh....wetin I knw say na cheatin, art simple pass science yet dey go give us d same time, criteria, etc.....even 4 jamb self.....#smhow

me na Art student sha, but I no go dey biased.. Honestly, una dey try. E no easy to dey solve plenty things with such limited time. Na some of the things I reason wey make me carry my load go Arts na.. Kudos to All Science students.. I throway cap for una cheesy

but no talk am too ..we Arts dey read plenty things o! But for exam hall..na diff story entirely.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hey peeps.. I was thinking.. Y dnt we(uniben aspirants and students) meet in a 2go group chat 2nyt by ANYTYM THE HOUSE AGREES ON.. The purpose of dis is to get answers to all questions probing our minds.. Add me on SYLVALORD(my unverified but official acnt) and i will transfer u to CHYNKS112(my verified but unofficial acnt) or jst add CHYNKS112 directly or drop ur username lemme add u..
N:B.. The group chat is open to all.. Both aspirants and students
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by snave007(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
how una dey I trowey salute grin
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
Khaydesmond: Whif a general obveration of comp science aspirant's score...what do you think would be the cut off..taking into consideration the number of apirants who wrote the exam...pls i need a reply
just pray, keep ur fingers crossed and wait 4 d merit list
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by ditrix(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
sylvalord:
pls correct d above BOLDED errors.. And i completely agree with ur last paragraph.. We are all God's candidates and i blive we have all been admitted IJN AMEN
oshare I don correct d hear bt u suppose knw wetyn me dey yan no dey fall my hand 4 national websyt

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by snave007(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oliseh hw far na
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Israelie(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
i jst wanna ask ooo
Cos i knw say amebo pple de lik dis can mata!

Does it mean, dos hu scored 45+ "de wont b admttd"
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Is 45 aggregate good for computer science
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
@ least 1 tin I lyk abt uniben is dat dey give u wot u rili scored in their pume unlike other skuls, av nt heard much compliants lyk...."I expected more nd dey gave me less", I think dat most pples problems diz year waz coz of JAMB.

2 Likes

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Let me make 1 tin clear......uniben general cut-off is 50...but if baba God dey reason ur mata wella, less dan 5o could be admitted, buh it will be courses lyk edo lauguage, some educational courses
, etc

2 Likes

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by denthon(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tuham: Is 45 aggregate good for computer science

Tuham wot did u score in jamb
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Kolade9(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oboy this thread dey make fear catch me sad.....well God is in controlsmiley
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by snave007(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
denthon: @ least 1 tin I lyk abt uniben is dat dey give u wot u rili scored in their pume unlike other skuls, av nt heard much compliants lyk...."I expected more nd dey gave me less", I think dat most pples problems diz year waz coz of JAMB.

yea,dats true esp dat ppt,I pity some of friend who fell 'victim' their scores would have been mind blowing but 4 dat ppt 'ishh' angry
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Samsantos9: 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
This thread is becoming harder and harder to catch up with oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1885) (Reply)

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.