Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... - Education (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... (1148943 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session / Futa Admission For 2013/2014 Session / Obafemi Awolowo University (oau), 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1885) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Didi5(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
QuestC: 1A.2A.3D .4C.5D.6.A.7C.8A.9B.10D.
Bro No 2 is wrong.Its C instead but you killed the rest o
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2:
1.A 2.A 3.A. 4.C 5.D 6.C 7.A 8. B 9.D 10.B
gud attempt
score-8/10
grade-v.good
comment- u r good to go girl
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mcslize: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2: @Mcslize, that number 2 remember the question asked for "the amount of metal deposited by the same amount of electricity that deposits 18g of aluminium" not the amount deposited by 1faraday.
I don catch u! smiley
No argue oh! I don catch u!!!
But u know chemistry sha! That one abt lime water pained me!!!! U good!

sweetheart, the question 2 is asking us to calculate amount of Copper that will be deposited by the same electricity that deposite 18g of Aluminium

Faraday is also known as electricity. Now , from my solving, 2faraday deposit 18g of Aluminium. What amount of copper will be deposited with that same electricity? Thats the question.
All u need to do is calculate the amount of copper that will be deposited with that 2faraday which can also be refer to as the electricity.
So, if 2f deposite 18g Aluminium
2f will deposite 32g Copper

I hope it is clearer now
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

1. A
Explanation: Aluminium, Calcium & Sodium belong to group 3, 2 & 1 respectively making them more reactive cuz they easily give out their outer most electrons making them to form positive ions.

2. B

Explanation:

Note f= faraday

3f of Al = 27g
x = 18g

Therefore 27g/3f = 18g/x

x = 2f

2f deposit 64g of Cu
1f will deposit 64g/2f * 1= 32g of Cu

3. A

Explanation: CL2O7
Oxygen ion= -2, lets Chlorine ion = x

2x + ( -2 * 7) = 0

2x - 14 = 0

2x = 14

x = 14/2

x = 7

4. C

Explanation: All alkanes group does not decolorise bromine water cuz they are saturated. And they have a general molecular formaular of CnH2n + 2

therefore ethane which is two in the group will be C2H2*2 + 2 = C2H6

5. D

Explanation: Iodine will sublime because iodine structure is held by weak intermolecular force

6. B

Explanation: If CO2 Is pass through a lime water for a short time the lime water will turn milky therby forming an insoluble calcium trioxocarbonate iv CaCO3

but if it is pass through the lime water for long time it will form the soluble salt called calcium hydrogen trioxocarbonate iv which when heated will decompose to form CO2, H2O & CaCO3

7. A

8. B
Explanation: Radon is a radioactive element that disintegrate & as such it is used as a tracer in medical research

9.D

Explanation: Graphite is not an ore but an allotrope of carbon beside Diamond. And it is used as a lubricant due to its structure

10 B

Explanation: copper Cu & Tin Sn are the component of Bronze.
Copper & Zinc are the component of Brass

Almagam is mercury with any other element e,g aluminium almagam, zinc almagam etc

My favourite

CHEMISTRY
score-10/10
grade-excellent
comment-weldone baddo.. C as u dey clear d question even dey explain join and u say my head dey hot.. O'boy ur own head na vulcanic eruption oo... Hehehehe
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by donpedro20: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
I heard there's strike. Please I wanna knw if the UTME wil still hold.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Hugo7(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
More grease to una elbows...abeg physics questions oo....
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
sylvalord:
score-10/10
grade-excellent
I love biology alot.......pls, I want you all to ask me any question on biology
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2:
Bro..I'm sorry u asked me a question earlier and I haven't replied. I'm sorry....didn't see it.
Direct entry -medicine. #fingers crossed#
It's ok! Apology accepted. God will graciously see us through.

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Hugo7(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
donpedro20: I heard there's strike. Please I wanna knw if the UTME wil still hold.

sit don there oo...exam that has already taken place,STRIKE WONT AFFECT P.UTME at all.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
correction 4 d chemistry...
1.a 2.b 3.a 4.c 5.d 6.b 7.a 8.b 9.d 10.b
any questions
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize: ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

SUBJECT: BIOLOGY

1. Which of the following organisms reduces nitrates in the soil to gaseous nitrogen?

A. Euglena B. Nitrifying bacteria C. Denitrifying bacteria D. Protozoan

2. The following are necessary for photosynthesis to take place except

A. Chlorophyll B. Water C. Oxygen D. Carbon dioxide

3. The part of the alimentary system of a bird where grinding of maize occurs is the

A. crop B. rectum C. stomach D. gizzard

4. Which of these is a direct photosynthetic product?

A. fat B. glucose C. starch D. protein

5. The element nitrogen is utilised in

A. formation of ATP B. formation of amino acids C. formation of glucose D. none of the above

6. The digestive enzyme that coagulates protein in milk is

A. renin B. ptyalin C. pepsin D. trypsin

7. Which of the following food substances is digested in the stomach?

A. proteins B. carbohydrates C. fats and proteins D. carbohydrates and fats

8. The deficiency of vitamin D Leads to

A. scurvy B. pellagra C. beri beri D. rickets

9. Which of the following pairs are the products of sucrose hydrolysis?

A. glucose + glucose B. fructose + fructose C. glucose + fructose D. galactose + glucose

10. The severe deficiency of vitamin C Leads to

A. kwasiokor B. scurvy C. beri beri D. pellagra

pls Answer them without checking up your Text Books.

Try to be sincere. This is just to test your preparation

good Luck!

Will provide the Answers later
I still stand to b corrected, I'm not perfect
1.C 2.C 3.A 4.C 5.B 6.A 7.A 8.D 9.C 10. B
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

U sound facetious u know. U are not serious. This is time for u to get expose to standard possible questions. For ur information, those questions are standard post ume questios. When u know them u have known them and it will stick to u.

Try to attempt them cuz if u can't attemt these possible questions here, I doubt how possible u will attempt the post Ume questions.
If u say we are doing copy and paste here then kindly answer this direct question. Is not copy and paste any more.

QUESTION: The part of the brain responsible for voluntary activities and intelligent is called what?

Cerebrum: it exhibits d abilty 4 one to reason, learn,procure intelligence n brilliancy....... It's a voluntary action!!! Just my layman language....
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Donvitalis(m): 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Didi 5: Bro No 2 is wrong.Its C instead but you killed the rest o
Sorry, can i get the distinction between a referendum and a plebiscite?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

sweetheart, the question 2 is asking us to calculate amount of Copper that will be deposited by the same electricity that deposite 18g of Aluminium

Faraday is also known as electricity. Now , from my solving, 2faraday deposit 18g of Aluminium. What amount of copper will be deposited with that same electricity? Thats the question.
All u need to do is calculate the amount of copper that will be deposited with that 2faraday which can also be refer to as the electricity.
So, if 2f deposite 18g Aluminium
2f will deposite 32g Copper

I hope it is clearer now
Remember that copper has a valence of 2
That means that 2F will give 64g of copper
U don't need to solve for 1faraday because the question asked u how many grams of copper will be deposited by the SAME amt of electricity that deposits 18g of aluminium which is 2F
Bros....abeg na...
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hugo7: More grease to una elbows...abeg physics questions oo....
physics loading... And its more grace nt more grease
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abu Mikey: You wrote jamb?
yes i did.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
sylvalord:
gud attempt
score-8/10
grade-v.good
comment- u r good to go girl
Kai! I didn't fail number 2 oh. I no gree for that wan...the question said SAME amt of electricy..u're to solve for 2F not 1F....we go fight oh
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by AbuMikey(m): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mehlena: yes i did.
Never knew you did!!
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2: @Mcslize, that number 2 remember the question asked for "the amount of metal deposited by the same amount of electricity that deposits 18g of aluminium" not the amount deposited by 1faraday.
I don catch u! smiley
No argue oh! I don catch u!!!
But u know chemistry sha! That one abt lime water pained me!!!! U good!
lol.. He is correct dear lemme xplain.. D question asked 4 d quantity of cu deposited by d same amount of electricity dat deposited 18g of aluminium.. D questn didnt give us d amount of electricity and dats y it z tricky.. But recall dat 1 faraday=1 mole of electron and therefore aluminium having Al3+ wil need 3faraday.. Now 3f wil deposit 27g of al and xf wil give 18g of al therefore 3---27 and x---18=54/27=2... Dat means 2f deposited 18g of aluminium... Naw 4 copper.. D question said d same quantity of electricity so therefore 64/2=32g of copper deposited.. Do u undastand naw?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
Donvitalis: Thanks, i've thrashed out the issue.
dats gud.. Wish u gudluck
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2:
Kai! I didn't fail number 2 oh. I no gree for that wan...the question said SAME amt of electricy..u're to solve for 2F not 1F....we go fight oh
lol.. Dats d point dear.. U solved 4 1F not 2F
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
@Mcslize and Sylvalord...pls just cool down okay....
How many coloumbs will give 18g of AL3+?
The answer is 2F abi?
This answer simply means that 2Faraday (2x96500Coloumbs) will give 18g of aluminum.
The question now asks how many grams of copper will the above amount of electricity deposit...
Cu2+ requires exactly 2F to give 64g of copper.

This means that 2F (from above) yeilds 64g of copper...
This is a trick question...pls don't fall for it.
Just cool down and u'll see my logic is sound.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2:
lol.. Dats d point sweety.. U solved 4 1F nt 2F
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2: @Mcslize and Sylvalord...pls just cool down okay....
The answer is 2F abi?
This answer simply means that 2Faraday (2x96500Coloumbs) will give 18g of aluminum.
The question now asks how many grams of copper will the above amount of electricity deposit...

hmm.. I jst checked it again and u might be correct..
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mcslize: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2:

sis the question doesn't ask us to use the copper valence to calculate for the amount of copper

It asked us to solve directly for the amount of copper that will be deposited by that 2faraday electricity that deposited aluminium.

If the question had not involve aluminium thats when u can used the valence of copper to calculate for the amount of copper. But as u can see the question involve another element which is Aluminium. I hope u will get it right this time around
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

sis the question doesn't ask us to use the copper valence to calculate for the amount of copper

It asked us to know solve for the amount o copper that will be deposited by that 2faraday that deposited aluminium.

If the question had not involve aluminium thats when u can used the valence of copper to calculate for amount of copper. But as u can see the question involve another element which is Aluminium. I hope u will get it right this time around

Lol...did u even read my above post? Its very self explanatory. Just read it well.
But if u keep insisting I'll leave u oh... smiley
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

It asked us to solve directly for the amount of copper that will be deposited by that 2faraday electricity that deposited aluminium.

If the question had not involve aluminium thats when u can used the valence of copper to calculate for the amount of copper. But as u can see the question involve another element which is Aluminium. I hope u will get it right this time around
She's correct actually. It's a no-brainer. Since 18g is deposited by 2F and 1 mole of Cu(64g) ordinarily will be deposited by 2F. Think deeply.

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
sylvalord:
edreesabiodun: She's correct actually. It's a no-brainer. Since 18g is deposited by 2F and 1 mole of Cu(64g) ordinarily will be deposited by 2F. Think deeply.
I'm glad oh. Mcslize neva believes me. He thinks I'm a stubborn gurl... smiley
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Didi 5: Bro No 2 is wrong.Its C instead but you killed the rest o
You're right. Religion is undoubtedly the correct answer. I didn't read the question carefully.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mcslize: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
sylvalord:

U are wrong. Pls think of the question. The question didn't give us current and time so u can't use 95600c. U can only use that if the question give u the current and the time it took for the current to deposit the element & thats wen u will apply that method u explain above by using the formular Q = It to calculate the number of Columb.

But the question only ask u to solve directly for the amount of cu deposited.

To support what I said below are two examples:

Example 1:
In electrolysis, a metal cation M3+ is liberated at the cathode. Calculate the mass of M deposited when a current of 2 ampere is passed for 30 minutes ( M= 56, R faraday= 96500C)

looking at this question above, ur above method can only be used to solve problem like this cited example because the current is given and time is given.

Don't mistake this kind of question with the one set by slvalord. They are different entirely.

U were not given the current so why should u be using that method?

That ur explanation can only be used to solve the example I cited above not the one that sylvalord set.
If u still doubt then give the question to a chemistry teacher to solve it he will still arrive at that my answer.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Mcslize: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
STORM2: @Mcslize and Sylvalord...pls just cool down okay....
The answer is 2F abi?

sylvalord:

U are wrong. Pls think of the question. The question didn't give us current and time so u can't use 95600c. U can only use that if the question give u the current and the time it took for the current to deposit the element & thats wen u will apply that method u explain above by using the formular Q = It to calculate the number of Columb.

Example 1:
In electrolysis, a metal cation M3+ is liberated at the cathode. Calculate the mass of M deposited when a current of 2 ampere is passed for 30 minutes ( M= 56, R faraday= 96500C)

looking at this question above, ur above method can only be used to solve problem like this cited example because the current is given and time is given.

Don't mistake this kind of question with the one set by slvalord. They are different entirely.

That ur explanation can only be used to solve the example I cited above not the one that sylvalord set.
If u still doubt then give the question to a chemistry teacher to solve it he will still arrive at that my answer.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by STORM2(f): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mcslize:

Example 1:

As usual we'll agree to disagree......
I don't know what else to tell u..there is no "rule" to follow. This is simple proportion.
Q=IT.....i.e coloumbs =time x ampere.....so if u have the quantity of electricity u automatically have ur time and ampere...I'm shocked we're still talking about this......

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1885) (Reply)

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.