Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... - Education (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... (1139518 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session / Futa Admission For 2013/2014 Session / Obafemi Awolowo University (oau), 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1885) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by ikhuoria2(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: Honestly I do not want to quote anybody...I heard somebody saying that the mass of an object is the same and constant that is true...and I also heard another person saying that the Ikg of something(do not know the one he put first) in Russia is heavier than Ikg of anothing in Nigeria that is also true despite the constant mass...but there is something most of you fail to realise...You use the word HEAVY...and fail to realise that the HEAVINESS of an object is determined by it's Density and Weight and not the Mass...the...what is mass?...Mass is the quantity of matter in an object and density is the rate of change of mass to volume...it is density and weight(mass * acceleration due to gravity) that determines the HEAVINESS of an object...so if we have already measured Ikg of Iron with Ikg of sand...one will certainly be heavier or denser than the other since Density is one factor that determines the heaviness of an object...the density works with the mass and volume...so the greater the mass the greater the density or HEAVINESS of that object...and the greater the Volume the lesser the heaviness of that object...and you will also agree with me that...the mass of an object is measured with a beam balance while the weight is measured with a spring balance...so let us consider two guys...one Very FAT and the other not too FAT...if they both measure thier mass in a beam balance and it is the same...and they also measured their weight in a spring balance and it differs(and you know that weight is not constant) are you now trying to tell me that one will not be heavier than the other just because they have the same mass...what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to HEAVINESS of an object...it is the density and weight that determines the heaviness...MASS CONTRIBUTES but does not determine....MR KOLA,DEMISTRY AND MCSLIZE AND ENG TINO I saw your quotes...think about it...KILUTU I saw your resignation letter...HMMN...I think you have a point...Send My regards to Mr Detiv0...please pals do not angry If I take a million years to reply to your posts...I remain exPLIcit7....
true talk........U are an engineering student... Right?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Erystro(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Mcslize:

Ur assuption is wrong.

Mass remain constant at any point on the earth . And the unit of mass is kg. Mass is different from weight whose unit is Newton N. So 1kg of sand has the same mass as 1kg of Iron.

If u are talking of weight then they will have different weight but not for mass. Mass does not change
em, i tot d question says which wan is heavier. Note d word heavier. Heaviness=weight=mas*acc due 2 gravity. Density hn conjunction with vol produces mass, and mass in conjunction wit 'g', produces weight which is equal 2 heaviness.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Maxwell96: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Gud mawnin y'all
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2013
ditrix: Jovie post dey cos unending comotion o,which baba u collect d juju from,mk i go c am 2 o
lemme read n access all ur answers to those questions b4 I spill out the correct answers!!!
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2013
ikhuoria2: true talk........U are an engineering student... Right?
Nope...Medical Student...
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Erystro:
em, i tot d question says which wan is heavier. Note d world heavier. Thank you.
Exactly My Point.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Erystro(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Experience as they say is the best teacher.. I told you on 2go that animal science and medicine do the same courses in 100 level.. Dat will gve me an edge bros!!.
@ iam a winner. Em, can u remember shadrack aka erystro in crop sc. ? Gud 4 u o... Med on point.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by ikhuoria2(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: Nope...Medical Student...
Kkkkk......
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2013
So ..i guess my course mates r
monstersnake nd
dog_miss
who else?....

So ..i guess my course mates r
masterslave nd
duck_miss
who else?....(optometry)
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: Honestly I do not want to quote anybody...I heard somebody saying that the mass of an object is the same and constant that is true...and I also heard another person saying that the Ikg of something(do not know the one he put first) in Russia is heavier than Ikg of another thing in Nigeria that is also true despite the constant mass...but there is something most of you fail to realise...You use the word HEAVY...and fail to realise that the HEAVINESS of an object is determined by it's Density and Weight and not the Mass......what is mass?...Mass is the quantity of matter in an object and density is the rate of change of mass to volume...it is density and weight(mass * acceleration due to gravity) that determines the HEAVINESS of an object...so if we have already measured Ikg of Iron with Ikg of sand...one will certainly be heavier or denser than the other since Density is one factor that determines the heaviness of an object...density works with the mass and volume...so the greater the mass the greater the density or HEAVINESS of that object...and the greater the Volume the lesser the heaviness of that object...and you will also agree with me that...the mass of an object is measured with a beam balance while the weight is measured with a spring balance...so let us consider two guys...one Very FAT and the other not too FAT...if they both measure their mass in a beam balance and it is the same...and they also measured their weight in a spring balance and it differs(and you know that weight is not constant) are you now trying to tell me that one will not be heavier than the other just because they have the same mass...what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to HEAVINESS of an object...it is the density and weight that determines the heaviness...MASS CONTRIBUTES but does not determine....MR KOLA,DEMISTRY AND MCSLIZE AND ENG TINO I saw your quotes...think about it...KILUTU I saw your resignation letter...HMMN...I think you have a point...Send My regards to Mr Detiv0...please pals do not be angry If I take a million years to reply to your posts...I remain exPLIcit7....
LOL . If u measure 1Kg of Iron and 1kg of Sand as Long as u are within the same Geographical Location I.e 'g' which is the acceleration due to gravity is the same, then they'll have the same WEIGHT
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2013
jovie50: lemme read n access all ur answers to those questions b4 I spill out the correct answers!!!
dey form teacher Washington
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2013
jovie50: pls someone should try and answer this :

QUESTION 1
10 armed robbers were caught, prosecuted and sentence to death..... there were shot at close range shot by the military firing squad, but none of the men died. How is this possible?

QUESTION 2
How can you make four 9's become 100?

QUESTION 3
Between 1Kg of sand and 1Kg of iron. which one is heavier?

QUESTION 4
which 7 letter word, becomes longer.... when the third letter is removed?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2013
Duck_Miss: LOL . If u measure 1Kg of Iron and 1kg of Sand as Long as u are within the same Geographical Location I.e 'g' which is the acceleration due to gravity is the same, then they'll have the same WEIGHT
most of u r saying d same tin ....in different termz
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: dey form teacher Washington
hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! U just made my morning!!!!! Which one b teacher Washington?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2013
jovie50: hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! U just made my morning!!!!! Which one b teacher Washington?
na one guy wen dey carry trouser go up,with hm big head
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: LOL . If u measure 1Kg of Iron and 1kg of Sand as Long as u are within the same Geographical Location I.e 'g' which is the acceleration due to gravity is the same, then they'll have the same WEIGHT
whether geographical region or not sis...the heaviness is certainly determined by the weight and the density...also consider the word HEAVY and don't...okay...and what if they are not within the same geographical region...and you forget the fact that the weight of an object varies 4rm place 2 place......not just bcoz of acceleration but also d spherical nature of the earth...density is another that determines HEAVINESS...so don't confuse yasef with acceleration coz there are many factors that determines the HEAVINESS OF AN OBJECT.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Nekkie hw fa
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2013
9ja pple go talk say na winch dey press dem
THE "OLD HAG" SYNDROME
it haz happened 2 80% of the world's population, ..at least once
..this is when you wake from sleep, ..and you cannot move, but you are fully conscious, you can open you eyes a little, you can smell, you can hear, but u cant move. And there iz a feeling, that there iz a certain weight on your chest (if you are facing up) or back , ..sometimes coupled wit strange sounds/voices ..or strange shadows
..in america, there waz a myth, .that an old hag, a witch, sits on ur chest or back, datz where the name originated ..
But after scientific research, ..the phenomenon waz renamed ..SLEEPING PARALYSIS
when you are asleep, certain enzymes are secreted in your body, to seize most of the body movement, so that you dont act out your dreams ,some times,..ur brain doesn't act on time, to inhibit d enzyme immediately you wake , especially in the middle of a dream ..the enzymes are still at work, hence, you won't be able to move for some time ... This is the cause of the feared "old hag syndrome" .....plz share your experiences

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: whether geographical region or not sis...the heaviness is certainly determined by the weight and the density...also consider the word HEAVY and don't...okay...and what if they are not within the same geographical region...and you forget the fact that the weight of an object varies 4rm place 2 place......not just bcoz of acceleration but also d spherical nature of the earth...density is another that determines HEAVINESS...so don't confuse yasef with acceleration coz there are many factors that determines the HEAVINESS OF AN OBJECT.
Your Last Post Contradicted this One. You clearly stated that the heaviness of 1kg Of sand and 1Kg of Iron Is DEFINITELY Different. When u say DEFINITELY....I'm assuming u meant 'NO EXCEPTIONS' .

And about Density....don't confuse yourself...the guy who asked the question didn't say anything about the Volume.

If I can remember clearly...he said 'Which Is Heavier' ?
Simple Answer : None (assuming g is the same)
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: whether geographical region or not sis...the heaviness is certainly determined by the weight and the density...also consider the word HEAVY and don't...okay...and what if they are not within the same geographical region...and you forget the fact that the weight of an object varies 4rm place 2 place......not just bcoz of acceleration but also d spherical nature of the earth...density is another that determines HEAVINESS...so don't confuse yasef with acceleration coz there are many factors that determines the HEAVINESS OF AN OBJECT.
Your Last Post Contradicted this One. You clearly stated that the heaviness of 1kg Of sand and 1Kg of Iron Is DEFINITELY Different. When u say DEFINITELY....I'm assuming u meant 'NO EXCEPTIONS' .

And about Density....don't confuse yourself...the guy who asked the question didn't say anything about the Volume.

If I can remember clearly...he said 'Which Is Heavier' ?
Simple Answer : None (assuming g is the same)
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nekkie27(f): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2013
I think i shud come in here...first of all d qst dint sae wich weight or mass z constant neida did it sae wich z heavier all ova d wrld or in space....d qst says wich z heavier i.e if i giv u 1kg of sand nd 1kg of iron wich do u tink wud b heavier...nd i tell u none wud b heavier bkaz if d iron z 1kg nd 4 d sand 2b 1kg too u mst ave pressed it until it assumed same weight as d iron too so if u gt a balance nd weigh both dey'd def b d same 1kg....i dnt knw if u gt me its simple logic bros....lets c it as it is nd 4gt abt shwcasin our dexterity in physics by quotin laws nd formulas...d qst z merely a logical common entrance qst...cuz i rmbr in pry6 it was 1kg of feather nd 1kg of sand dey askd us..nd we dint knw physics den buh we wre jst required 2 b logical nt too scientific...GBAM!!!!!.....G'd mrng
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nekkie27(f): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: Nekkie hw fa
.....odizeey i dey oh nd u awayu?....ayaf printed d admission letter oh....
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2013
Swagalord18: THE "OLD HAG" SYNDROME
it haz happened 2 80% of the world's population, ..at least once
..this is when you wake from sleep, ..and you cannot move, but you are fully conscious, you can open you eyes a little, you can smell, you can hear, but u cant move. And there iz a feeling, that there iz a certain weight on your chest (if you are facing up) or back ..in america, there waz a myth, .that an old hag, a witch, sits on ur chest or back, datz where the name originated ..
But after scientific research, ..the phenomenon waz renamed ..SLEEPING PARALYSIS
when you are asleep, certain enzymes are secreted in your body, to seize most of the body movements, so that you dont act out your dreams ,some times,..ur brain doesn't act on time, to inhibit d enzyme immediately you wake , especially in the middle of a dream ..the enzymes are still at work, hence, you won't be able to move for some time ... This is the cause of the feared "old hag syndrome" .....plz share your experiences
e don do me, no b small
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Nekkie27: .....odizeey i dey oh nd u awayu?....ayaf printed d admission letter oh....
I'm fyn o, I told to b patient,whr did u gt d card
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 10:20am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: dey form teacher Washington
hahahhaahahahha!!!!! U just made my morning!!!!! Which one con b teacher Washington
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: na one guy wen dey carry trouser go up,with hm big head
in a movie or in reality? man u're damn funny!!!!
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nekkie27(f): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Nd 4 dose of u sweeties yellin abt 'g' @ d poles,@ d equator, in russia in mars nd all of dose...lemme tell u if i here in nigeria take 1kg of each nd weigh on a balance they'd both b d same weight...den i tke dem 2 mayb russia avin a varyin 'g' nd weigh it dere weda d weight drops or increases bkaz 'g' chnges d fakt remains dt both items wud assume same weights weda it reduces or nt frm its value in naija..i.e if both are 1kg here den dey MAY b 0.5kg ova dere 2 OF DEM none wud b heavier dn eachoda....got it?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nekkie27(f): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: I'm fyn o, I told to b patient,whr did u gt d card
...it wz d same card i waz usin b4...guez dere wz kinda a mix up sha dts y it dint print b4....gt it @owerri
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by jovie50: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Nekkie27: Nd 4 dose of u sweeties yellin abt 'g' @ d poles,@ d equator, in russia in mars nd all of dose...lemme tell u if i here in nigeria take 1kg of each nd weigh on a balance they'd both b d same weight...den i tke dem 2 mayb russia avin a varyin 'g' nd weigh it dere weda d weight drops or increases bkaz 'g' chnges d fakt remains dt both items wud assume same weights weda it reduces or nt frm its value in naija..i.e if both are 1kg here den dey MAY b 0.5kg ova dere 2 OF DEM none wud b heavier dn eachoda....got it?
I salute you ma!!!!! you were almost there........try n attempt d remaining questions ma?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2013
odizeey: e don do me, no b small
yeah ...d tin do me ....na y i go research
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by odizeey(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2013
jovie50: in a movie or in reality? man u're damn funny!!!!
yes movie,prodigal broda
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Good morning JESUS
Good morning LORD

Good morning y'all

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1885) (Reply)

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.