Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? (7977 Views)

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies / Why Do Foreign Embassies Reject Our Nigerian Traditional Weddings? / Foreign Embassies And Consulates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 16, 2013
i wanted to travel to Ghana, but my passport was expired. i called the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and DC to renew my passport.

i was holding on the phone for like 40mins for Atlanta but no pick up in DC. The lady that picked up was rude as hell, she even hung up before i cold ask her a question. I wasted 60 dollars n the application but wen i called the Ghanian Embassy in Houston, the phone rang twice and to my surprise someone answered it. she was very nice and told me everything i needed to do oto get a isa. i went to their embassy, within 10 mins i was out of there with a visa.

Nigerian customer service is terrible

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by DuduNegro: 2:39am On Jan 16, 2013
nigerians are to africa what african americans are to usa. GHETTO!!! angry

you ever stood in line to check out. and the cashier is black? she will hold the line so she can finish her chat with her friend on other side of the store.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by MMotimo: 2:46am On Jan 16, 2013
Maybe because the embassies are first and foremost Nigerian territory and customer service does not couple with the word "Nigeria." I have heard that those offices even have the smell of a typical Naija government office with the ugly decor to go with it.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Hardfact: 3:21am On Jan 16, 2013
That's probably because Nigerians are 'terrible' customers!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Egbagirl(f): 3:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Because they are nigerians. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Not suprised. They are only behaving like that cos It's the norm in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nuzo1(m): 7:22am On Jan 16, 2013
1. Because the customer service is operated by Nigerians.
2. Because the customer is Nigerian.

These two are both rude, loud and ITK set of people and they've made it part of their culture.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by dridowu: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2013
Natural 9ja behaviour
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by holyvirgin: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2013
A ghanian painting nigeria's customer care black, trying to upgrade ghanians cs... I hail you o
Try again later... undecided

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by seuncyber(m): 9:42am On Jan 16, 2013
defination of naija
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by CrazyMan(m): 9:44am On Jan 16, 2013
Nigerians are naturally rude.

Just take a look at the stress you go through in the education sector.

Waec wahala

Jamb whala

Post utme whala

Admission/clearance whala

Final year clearance whala

NYSC whala

To get job whala

When you eventually get, for them to pay you whala.

Nigerians treat each other like animals.

And that's one of the major reasons why this country has refused to move forward.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by GUNSLINGER: 9:45am On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
i wanted to travel to Ghana, but my passport was expired. i called the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and DC to renew my passport.

i was holding on the phone for like 40mins for Atlanta but no pick up in DC. The lady that picked up was rude as hell, she even hung up before i cold ask her a question. I wasted 60 dollars n the application but wen i called the Ghanian Embassy in Houston, the phone rang twice and to my surprise someone answered it. she was very nice and told me everything i needed to do oto get a isa. i went to their embassy, within 10 mins i was out of there with a visa.

Sorry but our ANTS of Africa brothers n sisters r naturally loud.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by ziccoit: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2013
How do you think the majority of the staff were recruited? This is one of the results of trading competency for nepotism. Meanwhile, try some inducement/bribery and see how things will improve for' better' cheesy

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by pyyxxaro: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
I WOULD SETUP A COMMITTEE ON THIS ISSUE grin !! ASAP
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Yes, Nigerians have terrible customer service, and 99.999999999999999999999999% of it is coming from the women, YES WOMEN. Men for the most part are nice but have their own arrogance problem...another topic for another day. The women, I don't know what is wrong with them. Some of them are inherently angry from birth just by looking at their faces. The way they squeeze their face will make you just walk out with disgust. If she dares open her mouth, you can even coldcuck her.

I once visited a place to make a purchase. Upon arrival all 3 women at the counter kept a stoned face. I was shocked and asked: Did somebody die here or what? I have gotten to know that most of them do this subconsciously and has become cultural in the society.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by rume(m): 10:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Each time I call the Nigeria High Commission in London, they hang up on me after leaving it on an answering machine loop.
...quite demoralising...

tomsongz: Did you know??
Did u know dat weed reduces stress

Well, it is just really a plant/herb afterall not the demon people make it out to be.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by kfako1: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2013
The embassy here in London is crap.. Went there last week to get a passport and they threated me live a non Nigerian. The embassy is a full of arrogant Hausa ppl who think they are gods.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by buchibabe: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
We nigerians are our own enemies.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
An embassy is a vivid reflection of the country in every way. Simple answer cool

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by derbypiero(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2013
OC cool: which planet did dis one come out 4rm?
yup dude u r on point.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by alajor(m): 10:26am On Jan 16, 2013
U should visit d naija embassy here in south africa,d last time I went there dem dey treat us like shit. Bribery everwhere,we dey there for hours then I say make I go toilet go release,oh boy come see sh1t wey dem never flush for days cus d WC no dey work. Infact! Infact! I comment my reserve.....

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Na lie! Try your Nonsene elswhere. you no dey any USA na UNEMPLOYED STATE (US) you dey! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2013
why did you allow your passport to expire before renew it. you too you are rude and a troublesome customer.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by dasparrow: 10:44am On Jan 16, 2013
4bobo: why did you allow your passport to expire before renew it. you too you are rude.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by dasparrow: 10:45am On Jan 16, 2013
Knowledge9000: Yes, Nigerians have terrible customer service, and 99.999999999999999999999999% of it is coming from the women, YES WOMEN. Men for the most part are nice but have their own arrogance problem...another topic for another day. The women, I don't know what is wrong with them. Some of them are inherently angry from birth just by looking at their faces. The way they squeeze their face will make you just walk out with disgust. If she dares open her mouth, you can even coldcuck her.

I once visited a place to make a purchase. Upon arrival all 3 women at the counter kept a stoned face. I was shocked and asked: Did somebody die here or what? I have gotten to know that most of them do this subconsciously and has become cultural in the society.

I agree with you. This has sadly been my experience too.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2013
So nigeria has an embassy in US? Thank God ooooooooooooooo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Dee60: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2013
buchibabe: We nigerians are our own enemies.

Good question - I don't know the answer. A Nigerian comes to you to beg for a job, 2 months into it s/he becomes a lord who has to be begged to work! And we have this terrible attitude of complaining of 'low salaries' whereas we have no value added!

Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / How Do I Book Local Flights In Nigeria? / Nigeria At Mauritius