Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Is Allah God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah God (960 Views)

Is Allah God? / Where Is ALLAH (GOD)? / Is Allah God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Allah God by debh(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2013
IS CHRISTAIN AND MUSLIM SERVING THE SAME GOD COS SOME PEOPLE WILL SAY ALLAH IS MOON GOD OTHER WILL SAY HE IS GOD PLS I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH
Re: Is Allah God by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Good afternoon Debh,

This really is a controversial topic and I believe that the secret to unearthing the truth lies in the ability for us to understand the language of a people and the understanding they have about God before the advent Christianity and Islam.

I know that the word Allah is an Arabic word used to refer to a Deity which in pre-Islamic Arabia the pagans used it as a reference point for the name of the 'Creator God' though they held the belief that this 'god' is not the only deity and he also has a family i.e wife and children. This view of Allah was overturned with the advent of Islam and is used to refer to "the one true God".

The question we should ask ourselves is, if not Allah what other name are the Arabs supposed to use for God, given that Arabic is their language and the closest representation for God in their language is Allah? We should also note that the word Allah is not only used by Muslims; Arab Jews and Arab Christians also use the word Allah to refer to God.

I believe that every language on earth has a name they call God. In Aramaic he is called ʼĔlāhā or Alaha, in my language he is called Oghena (which I believe will have some pagan relations before it was 'Christianized'), in your language he might be called something else but the bottom line is, we refer to the same God.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Is Allah God by maclatunji: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
^Nice effort, read the translation of Chapter 112 of the Qur'an. God talks about himself there, and the name he uses is 'Allah'. This name is from God himself not paganism.
Re: Is Allah God by Geewan(m): 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
maclatunji: ^Nice effort, read the translation of Chapter 112 of the Qur'an. God talks about himself there, and the name he uses is 'Allah'. This name is from God himself not paganism.

"Say: He is Allah, the One. Allah, the eternally Besought of all. He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him." Al Qur'an 112 (Complete).

1 Like

Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: ^Nice effort, read the translation of Chapter 112 of the Qur'an. God talks about himself there, and the name he uses is 'Allah'. This name is from God himself not paganism.

Hello Maclatunji,

How are you so sure it was the true God that spoke in the Quran? What do you have to confirm that Gabriel that spoke to Muhammed was God's angel? Waiting for your proof.
Re: Is Allah God by Saksreal(f): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2013
pointblank 321:

Hello Maclatunji,

How are you so sure it was the true God that spoke in the Quran? What do you have to confirm that Gabriel that spoke to Muhammed was God's angel? Waiting for your proof.
This has to be the dumbest question i have come across this year.

When Jesus was been baptised, the bible told us there came a voice from Heaven saying "This is my son with whom I am pleased with".
Do you have any proof that it was God's voice?

1 Like

Re: Is Allah God by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal:

When Jesus was been baptised, the bible told us there came a voice from Heaven saying "This is my son with whom I am pleased with".

As-salamu Alaykum Saksreal,

I am quite disappointed that the author of such a beautiful thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1177382/true-meaning-jihad

could begin an explanation by resulting to insults.

I want to believe that your intention was pure but really there is no reason to have included the "dumb" bit before giving an answer.

Salam!
Re: Is Allah God by Saksreal(f): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
Noted...
Some people's post can just be as annoying
Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Saksreal:

People who worship the true God don't abuse others.

God spoke to confirm His message earlier sent through the true angel Gabriel in Luke 1:35 that Mary was going to have a son who shall be called the Son of God.

What confirmation did Gabriel that spoke to Muhammad have that he was from God?
Re: Is Allah God by Saksreal(f): 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
pointblank 321:

God spoke to confirm His message earlier sent through the true angel Gabriel in Luke 1:35 that Mary was going to have a son who shall be called the Son of God.

Sorry for the other time. Looking at the bible, they have been prophesised.

Dueteronomy 18:15
" The lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers, it is him you shall listen to"

Deuteronomy 18:18
" I will raise up for them a.prophet like you from their brothers. And i will put my words in his mouth and he shall speak to them all that i command him" ....Remember this was God talking to Moses

Isiah 29:12 " And when they give the book to one who cannot read saying, 'Read this', he says, 'I cannot read'. ... In the Quran, when Angel Gabriel commanded Muhammad(pbuh) by saying Iqra-Read, he replied,'I am not Learned.

These are some of the prophecies from the bible of Prophet Muhammad's coming.
None of the prophet in the bible falls under this since they were descendants of Isaac while Muhammad(Pbuh) is from their brothers, a descendant of Ishmael.

Check the book of John, he was called the Spirit of Truth while Jesus also called him " The Comforter"

1 Like

Re: Is Allah God by Zhulfiqar1: 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah?

https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same
Re: Is Allah God by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Saksreal:

If your counter-argument is a similar question to the one he asked, I don't where that leads.
Re: Is Allah God by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 03, 2013
pointblank 321:

Lol. You all are pitiable, every one keeps coming up with some phoney-baloney point to defend their religion. I'm getting you all.
Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Saksreal:
Sorry for the other time. Looking at the bible, they have been prophesised.

Dueteronomy 18:15
" The lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers, it is him you shall listen to"

Deuteronomy 18:18
" I will raise up for them a.prophet like you from their brothers. And i will put my words in his mouth and he shall speak to them all that i command him" ....Remember this was God talking to Moses

Isiah 29:12 " And when they give the book to one who cannot read saying, 'Read this', he says, 'I cannot read'. ... In the Quran, when Angel Gabriel commanded Muhammad(pbuh) by saying Iqra-Read, he replied,'I am not Learned.

These are some of the prophecies from the bible of Prophet Muhammad's coming.
None of the prophet in the bible falls under this since they were descendants of Isaac while Muhammad(Pbuh) is from their brothers, a descendant of Ishmael.

Check the book of John, he was called the Spirit of Truth while Jesus also called him " The Comforter"

Thanks for your apology.

Let me state the correct interpretations of the Bible passages you quoted:

Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18
Mose was leading the children of Isreal out of Egypt to Canan. Mose was getting old and there was need for a yonger prophet to lead the children of Isreal. So when Moses died, Joshua was appointed (Joshua 1:1-2). The prophesy was not referring to Muhammad because he was not an Isrealite to lead the children of Isreal to Canan and he was not yet born to assume that duty.

Isaiah 29:12
The statement here is a proverb. 29:11 says ''And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which MEN (not an angel like Gabriel) delivered to the one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he said, I cannot, for it is sealed''.

29:12 - ''An the book (the same book delivered by men in verse 11 above) is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray: and he said, I am not learned''.

Gabriel that commanded Muhammed to read did not come with any book as the Quran was not yet written then. Quran was revealed by recitation and not in a written form at the beginning. The book referred to by the Bible was delivered by MEN and Gabriel did not deliver any book and even if he did he was not a man or men. Therefore the Bible was not referring to Muhammad.

The Comforter:
So much has been said about this subject and there should be no further argument. Firstly, the Comforter is the Holy Ghost not a human being like Muhammad (John 15:26).

In Acts 2:1:4 the Comforter, Holy Ghost manifested to the disciples as Jesus had promised. Acts 2:4 says ''And they were all filled with the 'Holy Ghost (Comforter), and began to speal with new tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance''. The promise of the Comforter was already fulfilled before Muhammad was born.

Therefore there is still no confirmation for Gabriel's message to Muhammed.
Re: Is Allah God by Zhulfiqar1: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:
"Who Is The "comforter" In The Bible And Why"?

https://www.nairaland.com/871478/us-christian-jewish-actor-director-sean#10351101

I maintain that the Comforter did not manifest physically as Jesus did. He (Comforter) manifested as a Spirit, Holy Spirit not any man or prophet.

John 15:17
''Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it seeth him NOT neither KNOWETH him but ye (disciples) know him, for he DWELLETH with you (disciples) and shall BE in you (disciples).

Comforter is not a man or prophet for:

1. He is not visible. ''Because the world SEETH him not''. People saw Muhammad as a man.

2. People did not know him because he was a Spirit, invisible. ''Neither KNOWETH him''. People saw and knew Muhammad.

3. The disciples knew him for he DWELLETH (lived) and BE in them as a Spirit. Muhammad was not born yet, how could he live and be inside the disciples as a man?

I think this argument of Muhammad, a visible, physical man like you and I being the Comforter should stop as it is not real. Even Gabriel did not tell Muhammad that he was the Comforter, if it were so, he would have told him. If it were so, Muhammad himself would have said it or does anyone know Muhammad better than himself or more than Gabriel?

The truth still remains there is no confirmation of Gabriel coming from the true God.
Re: Is Allah God by Saksreal(f): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2013
pointblank 321:

Thanks for your apology.

Let me state the correct interpretations of the Bible passages you quoted:

Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18
Mose was leading the children of Isreal out of Egypt to Canan. Mose was getting old and there was need for a yonger prophet to lead the children of Isreal. So when Moses died, Joshua was appointed (Joshua 1:1-2). The prophesy was not referring to Muhammad because he was not an Isrealite to lead the children of Isreal to Canan and he was not yet born to assume that duty.

Isaiah 29:12
The statement here is a proverb. 29:11 says ''And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which MEN (not an angel like Gabriel) delivered to the one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he said, I cannot, for it is sealed''.

29:12 - ''An the book (the same book delivered by men in verse 11 above) is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray: and he said, I am not learned''.

Gabriel that commanded Muhammed to read did not come with any book as the Quran was not yet written then. Quran was revealed by recitation and not in a written form at the beginning. The book referred to by the Bible was delivered by MEN and Gabriel did not deliver any book and even if he did he was not a man or men. Therefore the Bible was not referring to Muhammad.

The Comforter:
So much has been said about this subject and there should be no further argument. Firstly, the Comforter is the Holy Ghost not a human being like Muhammad (John 15:26).

In Acts 2:1:4 the Comforter, Holy Ghost manifested to the disciples as Jesus had promised. Acts 2:4 says ''And they were all filled with the 'Holy Ghost (Comforter), and began to speal with new tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance''. The promise of the Comforter was already fulfilled before Muhammad was born.

Therefore there is still no confirmation for Gabriel's message to Muhammed.

Looking at Deuteronomy 18:18 once again. It said a prophet like Moses from among their brothers.
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is from among the bethren of Moses(Pbuh). Arabs are bethren of jews. Only Muhammad falls in this category.

Who is the comforter?
John 16:7, "Nevertheless i tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that i go away; for if i go not away, the comforter will not come unto you; but if i depart, I will send him unto you".
Ahmed or Muhammad meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost a translation of the greek word Pericletos. In the Gospel of jOhn 14:16, 15:26, 16:7.The word "Comforter" is used in the English translation for the greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a king friend rather than a comforter.
*Paracletos is the warped reading of Periclytos*. Jesus actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the greek word "Paraclete" refers to the prophet who is a mercy for all creatures.

You said the Comforter refers to the Holy Spirit. You fail to realise that the prophecy stated clearly that only if Jesus(pbuh) departs will the comforter come. The bible states that the hOly spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus(pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth and again when Jesus(pbuh) was being baptised etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than the prophet Muhammad(Pbuh).

John 16:12-14
" i have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Albeit when he, the spirit of Truth IS TO COME, he will guide you unto all truth; for he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; And he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me"
The spirit of truth refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh).
Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Saksreal:

Looking at Deuteronomy 18:18 once again. It said a prophet like Moses from among their brothers.
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is from among the bethren of Moses(Pbuh). Arabs are bethren of jews. Only Muhammad falls in this category.

Who is the comforter?
John 16:7, "Nevertheless i tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that i go away; for if i go not away, the comforter will not come unto you; but if i depart, I will send him unto you".
Ahmed or Muhammad meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost a translation of the greek word Pericletos. In the Gospel of jOhn 14:16, 15:26, 16:7.The word "Comforter" is used in the English translation for the greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a king friend rather than a comforter.
*Paracletos is the warped reading of Periclytos*. Jesus actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the greek word "Paraclete" refers to the prophet who is a mercy for all creatures.

You said the Comforter refers to the Holy Spirit. You fail to realise that the prophecy stated clearly that only if Jesus(pbuh) departs will the comforter come. The bible states that the hOly spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus(pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth and again when Jesus(pbuh) was being baptised etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than the prophet Muhammad(Pbuh).

John 16:12-14
" i have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Albeit when he, the spirit of Truth IS TO COME, he will guide you unto all truth; for he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; And he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me"
The spirit of truth refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh).

How could Muhammad be the prophet to be raised for the children of Isreal moving from Egypt to Canan?

Was he among the Isrealites in the journey? Was he born then? How was he to be made a prophet to replace Moses. Joshua was the prophet raised to replace Moses. Was Joshua not their brethren?

A prophet like Moses means a prophet to lead the children of Isreal from their captivity in Egypt to freedom in Canan. Moses prophethood started and ended with leading the children of Isreal out of Egypt and a prophet like him would do exactly his job after him. How did Muhammad fit in here?

Comforter (Holy Ghost):
The same Jesus who talked about the Comforter said it was the Holy Ghost. Do you know better than Him? Do you have a better idea than Him on the subject He raised? Do you see His mind clearer than Himself, the owner of the mind who said the Comforter is the Holy Ghost? Why do you what to change His statement?

This idea of Muhammad being the Comforter is a new development following attack on his prophethood. To get legitimacy for him, muslims started calling him what he is not.

Where did the muslims get that doctrine from? Why is it not in the quran or any of the original hadiths? I don't think all these fabrications can make people believe Muhammad was a true prophet. It rather drives people far away from believing because of lies found in the claims.
Re: Is Allah God by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon Debh,

This really is a controversial topic and I believe that the secret to unearthing the truth lies in the ability for us to understand the language of a people and the understanding they have about God before the advent Christianity and Islam.

I know that the word Allah is an Arabic word used to refer to a Deity which in pre-Islamic Arabia the pagans used it as a reference point for the name of the 'Creator God' though they held the belief that this 'god' is not the only deity and he also has a family i.e wife and children. This view of Allah was overturned with the advent of Islam and is used to refer to "the one true God".

The question we should ask ourselves is, if not Allah what other name are the Arabs supposed to use for God, given that Arabic is their language and the closest representation for God in their language is Allah? We should also note that the word Allah is not only used by Muslims; Arab Jews and Arab Christians also use the word Allah to refer to God.

I believe that every language on earth has a name they call God. In Aramaic he is called ʼĔlāhā or Alaha, in my language he is called Oghena (which I believe will have some pagan relations before it was 'Christianized'), in your language he might be called something else but the bottom line is, we refer to the same God.

Thank you!

OH SO YOU ARE URHOBO!

LEARN MORE ABOUT URHOBO RLEIGION TODAY!

Urhobo Religion:

The main focus of Urhobo traditional religion are the adoration of Oghene (Almighty God) the supreme deity and recognition of Edjo and Erhan (divinities). Some of these divinities could be regarded as personified attributes of Oghene. The veneration of ancestors, believe in diverse spirits, apart from those of the major divinities and the ancestors. The Urhobo also worship God with Orhen (white chalk). If an Urhobo feels oppressed by someone, he appeals to Oghene,who he believe to be an impartial judge, to adjudicate between him and his opponent. Urhobo divinities can be classified into four main categories, which probably coincide with the historical development of the people. These are guidian divinities, war divinities, prosperity divinities and fertility and ethical divinities. It should boe noted that the fundamental factor and manifestation of all divinites in Urhobo religion is Oghene.
Erivwin which is the cult of ancestors and predecessors (Esemo and Iniemo) is another important element in Urhobo belief system. The dead are believed to be living and are looked upon as active members of the family and watch over the affair of the living members of their family. Urhobos believe in the duality of man, i.e. that man consists of two beings:
Physical body - Ugboma
Spiritual body - Erhi
It is the Erhi (spirit man) that declares man's destiny and controls the self realization of man's destiny before he incarnate into this world. Erhi also controls the total well being(Ufuoma) of the man. Oghene(GOD) is like a constitutional Monarch who set his seal on the path of destiny set by a man's spirit (Erhi).
In the spirit world (Erivwin) man's destiny is ratified and sealed. In the final journey of the spirit man(Erhi) after transition, the Urhobo believe the physical body (Ugboma) decays while the spirit man (Erhi) is indestructible and goes back to join s the ancestors in the spirit realm. The elaborate and symbolic burial rites are meant to prepare the departed Erhi for happy re-union with the ancestors in the spirit world.

Epha divination, similar to the Yoruba Ifá and practiced by many West African ethnic groups, is practised with strings of cowries.

There are 1,261 recognized ejo (deities/Spiritual Forces/Gods), including the one-handed, one-legged mirror-holding whirlwind-god Aziza.

Re: Is Allah God by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
Saksreal:

This is solid proof that christianity is false and concocted too. thnx for clearing up this issue! smiley
Re: Is Allah God by Saksreal(f): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
pointblank 321:

How could Muhammad be the prophet to be raised for the children of Isreal moving from Egypt to Canan?

Was he among the Isrealites in the journey? Was he born then? How was he to be made a prophet to replace Moses. Joshua was the prophet raised to replace Moses. Was Joshua not their brethren?

A prophet like Moses means a prophet to lead the children of Isreal from their captivity in Egypt to freedom in Canan. Moses prophethood started and ended with leading the children of Isreal out of Egypt and a prophet like him would do exactly his job after him. How did Muhammad fit in here?

Comforter (Holy Ghost):
The same Jesus who talked about the Comforter said it was the Holy Ghost. Do you know better than Him? Do you have a better idea than Him on the subject He raised? Do you see His mind clearer than Himself, the owner of the mind who said the Comforter is the Holy Ghost? Why do you what to change His statement?

This idea of Muhammad being the Comforter is a new development following attack on his prophethood. To get legitimacy for him, muslims started calling him what he is not.

Where did the muslims get that doctrine from? Why is it not in the quran or any of the original hadiths? I don't think all these fabrications can make people believe Muhammad was a true prophet. It rather drives people far away from believing because of lies found in the claims.

Perhaps there are two comforters in the Bible as this comes to mind.
John 14:16. "And i will pray the Father, and he shall give you Another comforter, that he may abide with you forever".

Here is the Quranic verse you asked for.
Quran 61:6 " And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary said, O children of Israel, I am the messenger of Allah sent to you, confirming the law which came before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed".

Relate this with my previous post
Re: Is Allah God by pointblank321: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Saksreal:
Perhaps there are two comforters in the Bible as this comes to mind.
John 14:16. "And i will pray the Father, and he shall give you Another comforter, that he may abide with you forever".

Here is the Quranic verse you asked for.
Quran 61:6 " And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary said, O children of Israel, I am the messenger of Allah sent to you, confirming the law which came before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed".

Relate this with my previous post

Does that quotation make Muhammad the Comforter (Holy Ghost) which the world did not know because they could not see Him as He is a Spirit? Was Muhammad invisible? Okay, keep believing Muhammad was the Comforter (Holy Ghost) if he was not born of a man and woman and was not seen and known by the people of his time.

But the Comforter (Holy Ghost) Jesus promised manifested on the Day of Penticost in Acts 2:1-4
long before Muhammad was born.

There is no place in the Bible where Jesus said ''Ahmed'' is coming after him according to Sura 61:6. Besides Ahmed is not the same as Comforter (Holy Ghost). Gabriel did not say ''Ahmed'' is the Comforter neither Muhammad.

The revelations brought by Gabriel to Muhammad were not in harmony with the ones before and God did not confirm his revelations. God Himself did not speak even once in the quran.

God did talk directly to the prophets before Muhammad. Why was God silent in his case?

(1) (Reply)

Is Drug, Perfume And Other Materials That Contains Alcohol Usable For Muslims? / Why Did The Prophet Muhammad Have More Than Four Wives.?? / Fatwa On Blowjobs. Is It Permitted For My Wives To Give Me blowj0b As A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.