Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? (2673 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / His Experience With Muslims In A Part Of The North / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
Asalam alaikun
pls i have two questions i will like to ask in this section and i will be happy if answer is given.

I want to know if Muslims believe they are worshiping the same God that Christians worshiping.That is to say if Allah is thesame as Yaweh

secondly, i want to know if there is verse in Quran where Allah refers to himself as Allah. If there is, pls quote the verse or surah.
Thanks
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ayomivic: Asalam alaikun
pls i have two questions i will like to ask in this section and i will be happy if answer is given.

I want to know if Muslims believe they are worshiping the same God that Christians worshiping.That is to say if Allah is thesame as Yaweh

secondly, i want to know if there is verse in Quran where Allah refers to himself as Allah. If there is, pls quote the verse or surah.
Thanks

Hi.

1. If yahweh is the name of the creator of the unique, indivisible creator of the heavens and the earth, Then yes they are the same thing. To Allah belongs many beautiful names.

2. Say, ‘He is Allah the One, 2 Allah the eternal. 3 He begot no one nor
was He begotten. 4 No one is comparable to Him.’ (Surah 112)
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

Hi.

1. If yahweh is the name of the creator of the unique, indivisible creator of the heavens and the earth, Then yes they are the same thing. To Allah belongs many beautiful names.

Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

Hi.

I understood the answer you gave to first question but you have not answered the second question.Let me use this Bible verse as an example so that you can understand my question very well.

And God spake unto Moses,and said unto hin iam the LORD: And i appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob,by the name of God Almighty, but by the name JEHOVAH was i not know to them. Exodus 6:2-3

here God called himself JEHOVAH not that they called him.

the second question i asked that you did not answer well is this. Is there any verse in Quran where God called himself Allah as he did in the verse i quoted above? In other words, how come the name Allah? I hope you understand my question now?
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
[size=14pt]What Does the Quran Say About Allah (swt)?[/size]

Holy Quran 59:22-24
"He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise".

Holy Quran 17:110
"Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way".

Holy Quran 2:255
"Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great".
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
The whole Quran is authored by Allah. It is the speech of Allah

I am Allah; there is no god but Me. So worship Me and keep up the prayer so that you remember Me. (Surah 20:14)

1 Like

Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
for the sake of easy reference and the benefit of others,i would copy and post (in my subsequent posts in this thread) the relevant posts in those two threads i earlier presented.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
LagosShia: What is His Name? His Name is ALLAH (EVEN IN THE BIBLE)!!!

See below for evidence:Allah appears in the Bible and the tetragrammaton from which the pressumed word "Jehovah" is formed also appears in the Quran.

http://www.institutealislam.com/what-is-his-name-by-sheikh-ahmed-deedat/

LagosShia: "Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH Allahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so YaHoWah = "Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

1 Like

Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jehovah's witnesses themselves should not claim a monopoly on god's name or tell us that God can be refered to by no name other than "Jehovah",because they themselves are either not sure of His name to be "Jehovah" (in english) or they like all other religious groups who believe in One Almighty and Universal Unique and Unseen God also call God different names to fit His position and names that are not associated with paganism.

the watch tower has rendered the tetragrammaton into different words in different languages.for example,in english He is refered to as "Jehovah".in Japanese "Ehoba".in Arabic,"Yahwah".

these are already 3 names and there are many more depending on the language!

so on what basis would Jehovah's witnesses claim monopoly on god's name or that only them know His name or even that only the tetragrammaton should be used to refer to God?

also,what prevents Jehovah's witnesses from accepting other beautiful words that truly represent God and people refer to Him with,just as the tetragrammaton refers to Him?

for further reading on this subject,you can discover that the tetragrammaton is mentioned in the Holy Quran and you can also discover that God's name is "ALLAH" even in the bible!

here is an article by Ahmad Deedat with the topic:"What is His Name".

that is exactly the question jehovah's witnesses are taught to ask when preaching or talking about God's name in their quest to "catch fish" or convert others!!!

here is the article:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Allah/wihn.html

you can download the booklet here:

http://www.ahmed-deedat.net/wps/modules.php?name=myBooks2&op=open&cat=7&book=456

just a few points to add:

1.) muslims from all ethnicities and nationalities and in all languages refer to God as "Allah".additionally God have many beautiful names which the Holy Quran teaches us to call Him with.

2.) before the 16th century,the word "jehovah" was unheard of.jews in particular forbid their people from pronouncing the four letters.the watch tower has injected vowels into the 4 letters to make it possible to pronounce it.and as in the case of the japanese word,changed the word and make it impossible to find or figure the tetragrammaton in it.

3.) the tetragrammaton or four letters (YHWH) is not found once in the new testament manuscripts.that is in the entire new testament,the "name of God" that jehovah's witnesses teach others to be the only acceptable way of calling God is not found in the new testament of 27 books! it looks like Jesus forgot what God's name is.or may be as they would argue that the new testament books have their manuscripts in greek and not their presumed "original" hebrew,the tetgragrammaton was expunged.if that is the case,and they presume God's "only" four letters that refer to His "only" name can be expunged,then that casts a doubt on the bible as to what more could have being expunged.

4.) the jehovah's witnesses version of the bible known as the new world translation have replaced in the bible anywhere the words of "lord" and "god" with "jehovah".

The Tetragrammaton in the Quran:

"Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaHAllahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so YaHoWah="Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-753786.0.html#msg9125070
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
in sequence to what i've written in the above post,jehovah's witnesses are taught a preaching technique which is more or less a deception when preaching or trying to convert others.they are taught to ask:"what is His name".that is: "what is god's name".

many who are not jehovah's witnesses or are not well informed on the subject would reply His name is "god".the jehovah's witness would reply "god is a title and not a name",so "what is His name".you will be shocked and puzzled to know you do not know god's own name!!!then he (the jehovah's witness) would say with a smile "His name is jehovah".so,they catch you napping.and ofcourse in that way you must join them because who better than them knows "jehovah".you are simply impressed and taught that they are "jehovah's people".that is how they "catch fish" and convert others on a matter they themselves know so little about as explained in my post above.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
RWilliams:

[size=18pt]The truth is we don’t know the true pronunciation,[/size] but Jehovah has for many years been the anglicized pronunciation of the divine name, as are Jesus, Joshua and countless other Hebrew names that no one raises a question about .

but why shouldn't "jehovah's organization",the watchtower,which claims a direct telephone line to Jehovah,with countless endtime prophecies both that have come NOT to pass and the remaining ones they are hanging around the necks of witnesses with the fear of armageddon (intimidation),their obligatory order for every witness to preach door to door with official record keeping of the number of hours preached,and their claim to be the "only true religion",cannot reveal the true pronunciation of God's "name"?that is the same "name" they bluff about and use to convert others,when infact they themselves do not know the correct pronunciation.so much for confusion and deception and tricks.the jews themselves who own the hebrew language in which the 4 letters appear have decided not to give themselves headache with its pronunciation while "jehovah's witnesses" have made a religion out of 4 letters they themselves cannot pronounce correctly and at the same time claim to be the only "true religion" with contact with Jehovah.how is that possible?are we not talking about a man-made imagination formed into a religion here?

why keep playing the game of try and error with God's "name" by injecting vowels into a four letter word and end up rendering it into different words? is that not confusion?

as for the names of Jesus and Joshua,the only difference is the "J" and the "Y".the europeans have a taste for making the "Y" into a "J".aside from that their names are neither obscure nor confused with so many words or rendered into so many words and not knowing which one is the right one to pronounce.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by proo212(m): 12:21am On Jul 19, 2012
All this somersault just to link Jehovah and Allah when they are clearly not the same deity!!!

Clearly one is true and one is false.

Jehovah said, this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Allah says he does not beget nor is he begotten. Who is the true and the living God? If Jehovah and Allah are the same, then that means there is no God but Jehovah and Jesus Christ is His Son. There should be no discussion about this.

If Jehovah and Allah are the same, the Saudis should allow me to worship him the way the Spirit leads. If Jehovah and Allah are the same, Asia Bibi should be a free woman. If they are the same deity, the pact of Omar should not be in existence.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 12:29am On Jul 19, 2012
proo212: All this somersault just to link Jehovah and Allah when they are clearly not the same deity!!!

Clearly one is true and one is false.

Jehovah said, this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Allah says he does not beget nor is he begotten. Who is the true and the living God? If Jehovah and Allah are the same, then that means there is no God but Jehovah and Jesus Christ is His Son. There should be no discussion about this.

If Jehovah and Allah are the same, the Saudis should allow me to worship him the way the Spirit leads. If Jehovah and Allah are the same, Asia Bibi should be a free woman. If they are the same deity, the pact of Omar should not be in existence.

you are talking nonsense as usual.

have you seen either one of them as "separate entities" since you are trying to use names that refer to the same Supreme One Invisible Being to interpret as two seperate entities?

if you have seen anyone of the the "two",then post a picture.if not then shut up and do not use your silly interpretations and beliefs to derail this thread and waste our time all over again to disprove your silly beliefs and interpretations.because you believe God (whether you call him "yahweh" or whatever) have a son doesn't mean He really has one.it simply means you're silly by attributing to God a pagan and silly belief or taking figurative statements as literal to make sure you make Him a biological father like the man who pregnated your mother and you call daddy.

please review this thread to answer your illogical belief by ascribing a son to God Almighty:

"Can God Have A Son?"
https://www.nairaland.com/811919/god-son
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by amor4ce(m): 1:58am On Jul 19, 2012
[url=http://yemitom./2012/07/15/e%e1%b9%a3u-is-the-true-name-of-the-rock-of-ages/]Èṣú is the true name of the Rock of Ages[/url]
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by proo212(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2012
Lagosshia,

You and I know the 2 are separate entities. One cannot say He watches his word and hastens it to come to pass and one says he gives a revelation and then gives another one to cancel what he gave before (Abrogation).

One hates unbelievers and one loves the world the He gave himself as a ransom so many can be saved.

One says He gives assurance of salvation and eternal life, one says all of us have to go to Hell first and then some will be plucked out from there and go to paradise.

One is clearly true and one is clearly false. Which one is it?

There is no way Jehovah and Allah are the same deity.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2012
proo212: Lagosshia,

You and I know the 2 are separate entities. One cannot say He watches his word and hastens it to come to pass and one says he gives a revelation and then gives another one to cancel what he gave before (Abrogation).

One hates unbelievers and one loves the world the He gave himself as a ransom so many can be saved.

One says He gives assurance of salvation and eternal life, one says all of us have to go to Hell first and then some will be plucked out from there and go to paradise.

One is clearly true and one is clearly false. Which one is it?

There is no way Jehovah and Allah are the same deity.

i am not going to argue your blind assertions up there and allegations.but even if i am to assume that they are correct,yet still these are beliefs that people hold,attribute to God or believe He does.it still doesn't mean by having different names refering to God Almighty,the Unique One Supreme Invisble Creator of all and everything,makes God two.arab christians refer to God as Allah.and they dont hold islamic beliefs.

stop your ignorance and wake up.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia:

but why shouldn't "jehovah's organization",the watchtower,which claims a direct telephone line to Jehovah,with countless endtime prophecies both that have come NOT to pass and the remaining ones they are hanging around the necks of witnesses with the fear of armageddon (intimidation),their obligatory order for every witness to preach door to door with official record keeping of the number of hours preached,and their claim to be the "only true religion",cannot reveal the true pronunciation of God's "name"?that is the same "name" they bluff about and use to convert others,when infact they themselves do not know the correct pronunciation.so much for confusion and deception and tricks.the jews themselves who own the hebrew language in which the 4 letters appear have decided not to give themselves headache with its pronunciation while "jehovah's witnesses" have made a religion out of 4 letters they themselves cannot pronounce correctly and at the same time claim to be the only "true religion" with contact with Jehovah.how is that possible?are we not talking about a man-made imagination formed into a religion here?

why keep playing the game of try and error with God's "name" by injecting vowels into a four letter word and end up rendering it into different words? is that not confusion?

as for the names of Jesus and Joshua,the only difference is the "J" and the "Y".the europeans have a taste for making the "Y" into a "J".aside from that their names are neither obscure nor confused with so many words or rendered into so many words and not knowing which one is the right one to pronounce.

I have read all your posts but nor of it answer my question. I was'nt ask you the true name of God, i did not ask whether the Jeohvah witness are right or wrong, i did not ask you the meaning of yahweh nor the pronouciation of it.

We all know that gods is General names of deities but we used "God" (capital "G"wink to clearify that we are refering to monothesit.This word 'god' can be said in different languages but mean the same thing .For instance Olorun in Yoruba is the same to god in English. Pagans also call their deities gods.
Apart from this general name,they must still call him the real name they gave hin or he give to him self,example Ogun you know some Yorubas know Ogun to be god but his real name is Ogun either they gave it to him or he gave it to himself.

We know Allah to be God. Do the word Allah have the same meaning as general god? Or its a name given to himself as God of Bible or Isreal gave himself JEHOVAH and El- SHADDAI or Somebody gave him, as Hagar gave him EL-ROI.Genesis 16:13

All i need is for you to say, he called himself Allah or Allah is arab meanig of the God or he was called Allah by someone and quote a verse to support your answer, simple.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
^

the name "Allah" is unique in arabic.it is neither a masculine noun nor a feminine.i have earlier presented you verses from the Holy Quran where He calls Himself 'Allah' and also He orders us to call Him 'Allah'.

as for the origin of the word itself'what is clear is that in semitic languages (arabic and hebrew and their aramaic mother language) 'EL' or 'Al'ia the root for the word 'Allah" or 'Elah' or 'Alah' (as it once appeared in the bible but was later on expunged).we thus read in the bible that when Jesus (as) was allegedly placed on the cross,he exclaimed: "Elah Lima Sabahtani".we also hear the christians exclaiming :"Alleluya".'Al' or 'El' is the root here and it refers to the Unique One Supreme Almighty Unseen Creator of all and everything.'Al-Lah' ('the-One-God') points out to that Unique One Supreme Almighty Unseen Creator in both meaning and name.

i hope this helps.if any question,please ask further.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
tbaba1234: The whole Quran is authored by Allah. It is the speech of Allah

I am Allah; there is no god but Me. So worship Me and keep up the prayer so that you remember Me. (Surah 20:14)

You partially answer my question. Pls what is the meaning of Allah?

Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by tintingz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ayomivic:
I have read all your posts but nor of it answer my question. I was'nt ask you the true name of God, i did not ask whether the Jeohvah witness are right or wrong, i did not ask you the meaning of yahweh nor the pronouciation of it.
We all know that gods is General names of deities but we used "God" (capital "G"wink to clearify that we are refering to monothesit.This word 'god' can be said in different languages but mean the same thing .For instance Olorun in Yoruba is the same to god in English. Pagans also call their deities gods.
Apart from this general name,they must still call him the real name they gave hin or he give to him self,example Ogun you know some Yorubas know Ogun to be god but his real name is Ogun either they gave it to him or he gave it to himself.
We know Allah to be God. Do the word Allah have the same meaning as general god? Or its a name given to himself as God of Bible or Isreal gave himself JEHOVAH and El- SHADDAI or Somebody gave him, as Hagar gave him EL-ROI.Genesis 16:13
All i need is for you to say, he called himself Allah or Allah is arab meanig of the God or he was called Allah by someone and quote a verse to support your answer, simple.
to clear you... Illah is plural (god or gods) while Allah is singular(God) and in the Quran Allah call himself many names
"He is Allah (God), the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and Glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise. Quran 59:24
e.g Ar-Rahmaan(The Compassionate, The Beneficent, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter)
Ar-Raheem(The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers)
Al-Malik(The King, The Sovereign Lord, The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection)
As-Salaam(The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection)
Al-Azeez(The Mighty, The Strong, The Defeater who is not defeated)
i can't start naming his names buh this ones i giv out should open your brain who Allah[swt] truly his cheesy mind you God is not a baby papa that has kids, son, wife, grand children NO! GOD is almighty he has no father nor mother he was not begoten or begot a baby and grown up to become son a god, God is one on his throne
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
tintingz: to clear you... Illah is plural (god or gods) while Allah is singular(God) and in the Quran Allah call himself many names

correction:

Ilah (god with small 'g'-which can be any 'god') is also SINGULAR and not plural.

the plural of 'Ilah' is ALIHA which translates to 'gods' with small 'g' again refering to any or many 'gods'.

'Allah' as earlier explained in both name and meaning refers to 'The-One-God' who is Supreme Almighty Unseen Unique One Creator.

"He is Allah (God), the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and Glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise. Quran 59:24
e.g Ar-Rahmaan(The Compassionate, The Beneficent, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter)
Ar-Raheem(The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers)
Al-Malik(The King, The Sovereign Lord, The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection)
As-Salaam(The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection)
Al-Azeez(The Mighty, The Strong, The Defeater who is not defeated)
i can't start naming his names buh this ones i giv out should open your brain who Allah[swt] truly his cheesy mind you God is not a baby papa that has kids, son, wife, grand children NO! GOD is almighty he has no father nor mother he was not begoten or begot a baby and grown up to become son a god, God is one on his throne

correct!
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by tintingz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia:
correction:
Ilah (god with small 'g'-which can be any 'god') is also SINGULAR and not plural.
the plural of 'Ilah' is ALIHA which translates to 'gods' with small 'g' again refering to any or many 'gods'.
'Allah' as earlier explained in both name and meaning refers to 'The-One-God' who is Supreme Almighty Unseen Unique One Creator.
correct!
thanks for the correction cheesy
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
^
you're welcome!
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by proo212(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
So Lagosshia tbaba1234 and tintingz,

If Allah and Jehovah are the same, are we saying that Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob and Mohammed and myself?
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
proo212: So Lagosshia tbaba1234 and tintingz,

If Allah and Jehovah are the same, are we saying that Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob and Mohammed and myself?

Holy Quran 2:132-133
"And Abraham instructed his sons [to do the same] and [so did] Jacob, [saying], "O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion, so do not die except while you are Muslims.Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

Holy Quran 3:84
"Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him."

Holy Quran 4:163
"Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms]".

Holy Quran 38:45-47
"And remember Our servants, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - those of strength and [religious] vision.Indeed, We chose them for an exclusive quality: remembrance of the home [of the Hereafter].And indeed they are, to Us, among the chosen and outstanding".

Holy Quran 29:25-27
"And [Abraham] said, "You have only taken, other than Allah , idols as [a bond of] affection among you in worldly life. Then on the Day of Resurrection you will deny one another and curse one another, and your refuge will be the Fire, and you will not have any helpers.And Lot believed him. [Abraham] said, "Indeed, I will emigrate to [the service of] my Lord. Indeed, He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophethood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous".
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by Ayomivic(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia: ^

the name "Allah" is unique in arabic.it is neither a masculine noun nor a feminine.i have earlier presented you verses from the Holy Quran where He calls Himself 'Allah' and also He orders us to call Him 'Allah'.

as for the origin of the word itself'what is clear is that in semitic languages (arabic and hebrew and their aramaic mother language) 'EL' or 'Al'ia the root for the word 'Allah" or 'Elah' or 'Alah' (as it once appeared in the bible but was later on expunged).we thus read in the bible that when Jesus (as) was allegedly placed on the cross,he exclaimed: "Elah Lima Sabahtani".we also hear the christians exclaiming :"Alleluya".'Al' or 'El' is the root here and it refers to the Unique One Supreme Almighty Unseen Creator of all and everything.'Al-Lah' ('the-One-God') points out to that Unique One Supreme Almighty Unseen Creator in both meaning and name.

i hope this helps.if any question,please ask further.

It surely help but i did not see where God called himself Allah from the verses you said you presented. As you can see that the pronoun ("He"wink used by the speaker in those quoted verses was second person singular. The spreaker refered to him as Allah there, not that he says iam Allah. Hope that one is cleared?

Your explanation to the meaning of Allah was cleared. I have read the corrections you made too. Now, i can see that Allah is (God) illah and Aliah (are/ is pagans god or gods). Can we say that anybody that is call or name Aliah, her name means gods ?
Also, we all know that Muhammad's father was pagan,he worshiped one of idols that was inside kahabah then.The name of Muhammed's father was Abdul-lah or Abdul-lahi which mean SLAVE OF GOD since Al+Lah mean the-one-God according to your equation . Correct me if am wrong. If iam right,does it mean the people of Mecca had been worshiping one God before the time of Mohammed ?

Further more, it was known that, about 360 Idols were inside the Kahabah before the commencemet of Islam. Can we say that the Idols inside the kahabah were minimized to one know as Allah and rank so that,they can make it one and equivalent to Jew's God ?
Iam not assuming this, the reason i said this is that,Muslims all over the word still bow down toward this Kahabah five times a day to worship. Muslims (unlike Christians and Jews) can not face any direction to worship except this direction. Some went to Mecca, clad in white and went round the Kahabah seven good times.What make Muslims different to pagans? Does God resides inside Kahabah or God throne in heaven is upon the Kahabah ?

All the above reasons, are parts of what makes Christians God differents to Muslims Allah.
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by proo212(m): 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
Lagosshia, you know this had to come

Book 041, Number 6985:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Explain this.....

Ayomivic, this has been asked numerous times and a vague explanation is always given..
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ayomivic:
It surely help but i did not see where God called himself Allah from the verses you said you presented. As you can see that the pronoun ("He"wink used by the speaker in those quoted verses was second person singular. The spreaker refered to him as Allah there, not that he says iam Allah. Hope that one is cleared?

Holy Quran 20:14
"Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise".

Your explanation to the meaning of Allah was cleared. I have read the corrections you made too. Now, i can see that Allah is (God) illah and Aliah (are/ is pagans god or gods). Can we say that anybody that is call or name Aliah, her name means gods ?
no.

aleehaa (aliha) and Aliyah (name of person meaning someone of high position) are not the same thing in both meaning,word and pronunciation.

Also, we all know that Muhammad's father was pagan,he worshiped one of idols that was inside kahabah then.The name of Muhammed's father was Abdul-lah or Abdul-lahi which mean SLAVE OF GOD since Al+Lah mean the-one-God according to your equation . Correct me if am wrong. If iam right,does it mean the people of Mecca had been worshiping one God before the time of Mohammed ?
Muhammad's (sa) father (ra) was not a pagan.he was Hanif.there is a tradition from the Prophet (sa) that the loin of a polytheist or an adulterer never carried him (in other words he never descended from polytheist/adulterer right up to Abraham a.s.).

yes people during the time before the birth of Prophet Muhammad (sa) were monotheists even though a small number of them.they were called "hanif".they followed the pathway and belief in One God (Allah) as the religion of Abraham and they were never polytheists nor bowed to idols.

Further more, it was known that, about 360 Idols were inside the Kahabah before the commencemet of Islam. Can we say that the Idols inside the kahabah were minimized to one know as Allah and rank so that,they can make it one and equivalent to Jew's God ?
Islam,the tradition of Abraham (as) and what Muhammad (sa) taught have nothing to do with those idols.in fact Prophet Muhammad (sa) destroyed all the 360 idols that were stored in the holy Ka'ba,which is a house of worship dedicated to Allah (swt) by Abraham and Ishmael (as) as even the arabians before Prophet Muhammad (sa) also believed.

Iam not assuming this, the reason i said this is that,Muslims all over the word still bow down toward this Kahabah five times a day to worship. Muslims (unlike Christians and Jews) can not face any direction to worship except this direction. Some went to Mecca, clad in white and went round the Kahabah seven good times.What make Muslims different to pagans? Does God resides inside Kahabah or God throne in heaven is upon the Kahabah ?

All the above reasons, are parts of what makes Christians God differents to Muslims Allah.

God is not found in the Ka'ba and does not reside there.He is far exalted from being in that position.

please compare the facing of the Qiblah (prayer direction towards the Ka'bah) to what we also find in the bible:

Genesis 28:18
The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.

Genesis 35:14
Jacob set up a stone pillar to mark the place where God had spoken to him. Then he poured wine over it as an offering to God and anointed the pillar with olive oil.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.

Isaiah 38:2
"Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD".

1 Kings 8:44-45
"When you command your people to go into battle against their enemies and they pray to you, wherever they are, facing this city which you have chosen and this Temple which I have built for you, listen to their prayers. Hear them in heaven and give them victory".

please see also: "Pilgrimage of Ezekiel to Mecca"
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ezekiel_pilgrimage.htm
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
proo212: Lagosshia, you know this had to come

Book 041, Number 6985:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Explain this.....

Ayomivic, this has been asked numerous times and a vague explanation is always given..

this hadith (even though you quoted it from a Sunni book of hadith) is correct (and if i am not mistaken is also found in Shia books of hadith).it is a prophesy in line with this verse in the Quran:

Holy Quran 17:4
"And We conveyed to the Children of Israel in the Scripture that, "You will surely cause corruption on the earth twice, and you will surely reach [a degree of] great haughtiness".

it is just like christians believe in armageddon and that each christian sect or denomination believes only it would be saved and others would perish.the prophesy does literally mean every jew is evil and should be fought.based on the current situation in the world,if this prophesy applies to our time,it is only applicable to the zionists jews and not every jew.there are jews opposed to zionism for instance and also oppose the "jewish state of israel".also,this is similar to verses in the Holy Quran that address the oppressors of the muslims as "unbelievers".those oppressors are not opposed or the Muslims told to defend themselves and fight against them simply because they are unbelievers or refused to believe in Islam.the muslims are told to oppose the unbeliever,meaning those among them that have oppressed the Muslims.upon examining some verses that meaning would be clearly understood.

Holy Quran 2:190:
"Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors"

Holy Quran 22:39
Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ..."
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by proo212(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Lagosshia, but this is false now. The battle of Armageddon is the battle between the Antichrist and Christ. AFTER THE RAPTURE has taken place and the antichrist has ruled. This has nothing to do with church denomination or sect believing it only will be saved and definitely you cannot liken it to that hadith that you agree with by the way.

So please try and spin something else. Once again, you are caught out.

But you agree that your Prophet said it. Why would Jehovah and Allah ask the Muslims to kill the Jews?
Re: Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah? by LagosShia: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
proo212: Lagosshia, but this is false now. The battle of Armageddon is the battle between the Antichrist and Christ. AFTER THE RAPTURE has taken place and the antichrist has ruled. This has nothing to do with church denomination or sect believing it only will be saved and definitely you cannot liken it to that hadith that you agree with by the way.

So please try and spin something else. Once again, you are caught out.

But you agree that your Prophet said it. Why would Jehovah and Allah ask the Muslims to kill the Jews?

may be you do not know what other christians believe.for instance Jehovah's Witnesses believe only them would survive armageddon.my mention of armageddon was not to compare.it was simply to show you that there are end time prophecies and battles prophesied in both religions.

i have explained earlier what it means.review my post again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' / Ghaddafi's Death-lessons For Muslims! / Have You Completed The Six Fasting Of Shawwal? 14 Or 15 Days Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.