Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? (592 Views)

Building A Static Website With Java: How Possible? / Java Script King Is Here / Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by ediko5(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hello Nairalanders
I was searching across the web for E-book on web design and i found this e-book about java script that is very loaded with information. Please my question is; what are the things that i should learn step by step for me to be able to design a website effectively.
Thanks.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by sisqology(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
No!!!
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 17, 2013
HTML FIRST
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Afam4eva(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2013
You have to understand what a particular Web design course does before even delving into it. You can't start with javascript because javascript is DHTML that you use with your HTML. Learning javascript won't be of use because it can't stand alone in web designs. It just helps to make your website perform better and more dynamic.

Start in this order:

HTML/CSS

Javascript

PHP/ASP.NET/pearl/etc

SQL database

etc etc
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by dansmog(m): 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
@OP, did you get the ebook for free? If it is free please can you give me the link to download it. OR send it as an attachment to my mail @ juwonanthony at gmail dot com. Thank you.. Follow this process to learn web development.. Html, css, Javascript, jquery, php and mysql or any other database lang.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by ediko5(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
dansmog++:
@OP, did you get the ebook for free? If it is free please can you give me the link to download it. OR send it as an attachment to my mail @ juwonanthony at gmail dot com. Thank you.. Follow this process to learn web development.. Html, css, Javascript, jquery, php and mysql or any other database lang.

http://addyosmani.com/blog/essentialjsdesignpatterns/

That's where i got the e-book
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by ediko5(m): 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
Thanks for your reply.
This is why i like nairaland because we have well meaning people here.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by dansmog(m): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2013
ediko5:

http://addyosmani.com/blog/essentialjsdesignpatterns/

That's where i got the e-book
thank you for that link bro
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by DualCore1: 3:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Web Design: HTML + CSS > Javascript > AJAX + jQuery

Web Development: PHP + MySQL > PHP Frameworks
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
that ebookis design pattern if you do not know JS then reading that is a waste of time, its meant for advanced pattern in JS.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by ediko5(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
pc guru: that ebookis design pattern if you do not know JS then reading that is a waste of time, its meant for advanced pattern in JS.
Ok thanks
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
try JavaScript garden it will take u into JavaScript Core without mincing words, but JS is very big so its something u don't wait to learn finish till you start, infact learn the basic and any core part always visit the book, because u will forget everything
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by yawatide(f): 6:10am On Jan 19, 2013
OP:
You don't start building a house (website) by thinking of what color to paint the walls (javascript). You start by building a foundation (html). Once the actual structure is complete, you focus on the wiring, etc (css) and then what to do to ensure it doesn't get too hot by, for example, installing an a/c unit (javascript). Make sense?

Good luck!
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 19, 2013
i could start a thread for JavaScript introduction, not sure pple will always comment to motivate it wil be like talking to myself as usual except online.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Afam4eva(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2013
pc guru: i could start a thread for JavaScript introduction, not sure pple will always comment to motivate it wil be like talking to myself as usual except online.
Let me be the first to motivate you..Go ahead and start.
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2013
^ Mr Afam thanks bro, i will,how is business ?
Re: Can A Web Design Learner Start With Java Script? by Afam4eva(m): 8:42am On Jan 19, 2013
pc guru: ^ Mr Afam thanks bro, i will,how is business ?
Business is picking up. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked / How To Add Facebook Page Like Box To Wordpress Or Blogger Blog / Help Me Check This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.