|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,422,735 members, 5,435,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020 at 05:41 AM
|Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by uspry1(f): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2008|
Get Start with your own Google Checkout e-Commerce website
You can get started with your own Google Checkout e-Commerce website selling your own products or services to your Nigerian abroad customers in US/UK as well as Nigerian customers with Nigeria banks’ prepaid credit/debit card to order/purchase from you. This is designated for domain owners that already registered with their own web hosting service.
1. Go register with Google Checkout merchant at http://checkout.google.com/sell.
2. Once you done completed registering with Google Checkout Merchant, please write down your google merchantID and google merchantKey putting it in a safe place that no-one know your private google merchantID/merchantKey.
3. Go your web hosting panel (usually control panel admin with its login system (username/password) such as Cpanel, Hsphere, Plesk or other CMS), scroll down finding the section of the software/services to click “FANTASTICO” icon.
4. On Fantastico windows, you will see the e-Commerce category on the left side column of the navigation area you select "osCommerce" or “Zen Cart” (whatever you choose one) to be installed automatically for you. It means FANTASTICO will install either OsCommerce or Zen Cart (whatever you choose one) AUTOMATICALLY for you instead of go google finding e-Commerce site to download it manually. It is much easier than downloading from the google.
5. During the e-Commerce installation phrase, it will ask you to fill in the blank the following questions step by step.
6. You should get the finalized e-Commerce installation saying, "Congratulation, <the name of eCommerce> has been installed on your hosting" and then close the Fantastico return to Cpanel in order to log off your Cpanel. It will tell you where to link opening your e-Commerce on your desired URL address.
7. Type up www.yourdomain.com/catalog/ (your desired URL address) to ensure your e-Commerce website is UP RUNNING CORRECTLY.
8. Go to download google checkout module (plugin) for oscommerce: http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/ or google checkout module for Zen Cart: http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-zencart/ (required basic PHP knowledge how to modify your e-Commerce pages to make Google Checkout functionally.) Once you have done modification with NO ERRORS.
9. Go typing up www.yourdomain.com/catalog/admin (desired URL admin address) to open your e-Commerce admin panel, you are FULLY RESPONSIBLE to configure the following menus at below:
• My Store (your store name, your owner name, business address where customer reach you for contact info, etc.)
• Catalog (delete all existing product pictures/text descriptions/prices, replacing your own product pictures, text descriptions, prices) Also add new category, add new subcategory
• Module to select “Payment” and click “GOOGLE CHECKOUT” to hit “edit” filling out the blank info that asks you for google merchantID/merchantKey in order to be activated/live RUNNING Google Checkout site FUNCTIONALLY.
• Tax (if you are in US/UK, set up local/state tax rate properly)
• Localization (your currency exchange: USD, NGN, EURO, etc)
• Tools to select “Database Backups” to save first database you want to back up in case if u make mistake on Catalog change. The original database will restore erasing catalog for example.
That’s it! Your e-Commerce site IS UP RUNNING to sell your product/service receiving customers order with GOOGLE CHECKOUT payments directly to you in order for you transferring funds to your Nigeria bank the next 4 days available funds. Sold your product with shipping label sending to your customer.
OH I FORGOT TO ADD: this Google Checkout Merchant IS REQUIRED to have SSI CERTIFICATE on your registered hosting service to make it work! Unlikely PayPal does not required using SSI certificate because PayPal has its own IPN script built-in that will pop-up new PayPal windows when customer hit "PAYPAL CHECKOUT" button.
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by kehers(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2008|
Tnx 4 d word. Didnt notice Google checkout is down with naija. Will check it out soonest.
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by hanen(f): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2008|
@kehers and uspry
It's not. It's only locations are the US and Uk. FYI.
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by uspry1(f): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2008|
You got wrong! Read next page.
Tell me how did Nigerians got their checks deposited in Nigeria banks from Google Adsense they registered to insert their googleID on their website/blog/forum? Google Adsense do not blacklist Nigerians like PayPal blacklisted.
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by uspry1(f): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2008|
PayPal vs. Google Checkout: countries supported
Archive for May, 2008 || Published on May 31, 2008 in Development.
Source Cite: http://aralbalkan.com/1350
Author: Aral Balkan
Your choice of payment processors ultimately determines the number of people who can potentially purchase your product or service. Looking at the differences between PayPal and Google Checkout, I couldn't find a comparison of the countries each processor supported so I quickly whipped up my own using the data presented in the country list drop-downs that each processor presents on its sign up page.
PayPal supports substantially more countries than Google Checkout but it doesn't support a complete superset. If you want to reach the largest possible audience, you should implement both payment methods.
Paypal supports 190 countries while Google Checkout supports just 142.
122 of those countries are the same (intersection).
By implementing both checkout methods, you can support a total of 210 countries (union).
These are the 68 countries that PayPal supports that Google Checkout does not (difference):
8. Cayman Islands
10. China Worldwide
12. Cook Islands
13. Democratic Republic of the Congo
18. Falkland Islands
19. Federated States of Micronesia
21. French Guiana
22. French Polynesia
27. Guinea Bissau
34. Marshall Islands
41. New Caledonia
44. Norfolk Island
46. Papua New Guinea
47. Pitcairn Islands
48. Republic of the Congo
50. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
52. Sierra Leone
53. Solomon Islands
55. South Korea
56. St. Helena
57. St. Kitts and Nevis
58. St. Lucia
59. St. Pierre and Miquelon
61. Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
63. São Tomé and Príncipe
65. Turks and Caicos Islands
68. Wallis and Futuna Islands
And here are the 20 countries that[u] Google Checkout supports [/u] that PayPal does not (difference):
3. British Indian Ocean Territory
5. Côte d'Ivoire
6. Equatorial Guinea
17. Puerto Rico
18. Serbia and Montenegro
I hope you find this useful. Download the python script (paypal-google.py.zip, 4KB).
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by hanen(f): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2008|
From Checkout FAQ. http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42871
[b] [size=14pt]General Information: Which countries does Google Checkout support?[/size]
Google Checkout is available to U.S. and U.K. merchants.
U.S. Google Checkout merchants must have a U.S. bank account and U.S. address, plus either of the following:
* A Social Security number (optional) and a valid credit card.
* A Federal Tax ID/Employer Identification Number (EIN).
U.S. and U.K. buyers and buyers from many other countries outside the United States and United Kingdom can also sign up for the service and make purchases through Google Checkout. While their purchases will always be processed in the currency matched to your address (U.S. dollars for U.S. merchants or Pounds Sterling for U.K. merchants), buyers' credit cards will usually provide seamless currency conversion. Check the Location: drop-down menu on the sign-up page to see if Google Checkout is available in your buyer's location.
We're working towards making Google Checkout more widely available in the near future. At this time, however, we cannot provide any details regarding when Google Checkout will be available in specific countries.[/b]
I'm not saying you can't pay using Checkout, I've used it before with a Nigerian address. I'm saying only UK and US merchants can register their companies for the service. I think you misunderstood what they said.
Adsense doesn't require a bank account, but Checkout does, which is why anyone can sign up for Adsense. There's no argument here, the instant you try to sign up, you have to choose your country, and only US and UK are there.
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by uspry1(f): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2008|
Thank u for point out clearly!
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by bomeri(m): 12:45am On Jan 10, 2010|
@hanen thanks for the info so which shopping carts and merchants can Nigerians use that is free or affordable
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by Samsomind(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2012|
Thanks a lot for all those grt infos. But for me at the moment the project i have at hand is not an E-commerce Website. But an online website that offers Sales and Downloads of Digital items; pdf Books and vidoe downloads. Hope to integerate it into an E-commerce site later.
I already have both my[b] Google Wallet[/b] and Google Checkout accounts setup. But the challenge am faced with is having to enter a Routing number in the Checkout Payment settings where you enter your bank account information. The Routing number is supposed to be a 9 digits number provided to you by your Bank and which is required in effecting a foreign transaction overseas.
I have also been to my bank(GT Bank plc.) But they informed me that rather than a 'Routing number', what has been designated to Nigeria is: a 'Swift Code'. A Swift Code is an alternative to A Routing number so to say. That we don't use Routing number instead we use Swift code. Swift code is a combination of both text and Nos.
Attached is a copy of the Payment settings of my google checkout (in print screen view).
So right now, am wondering for a way out of this. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP? ASAP!
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by Spacle2xl: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2012|
I've been carrying out lots of research and finally got this e-mail from gogle
We understand you'd like to know where you can sell from using Google Checkout.
At this time, merchants with a U.S. or U.K. business address and bank account can use Google Checkout and choose to ship to buyers located across the world. Furthermore, Android Developers located in a number of additional countries can also use Google Checkout to sell paid applications on the Android Market. Visit
for an up-to-date list of supported locations.
You may also be interested to know that Google Checkout will enable you to transact with customers from many countries. To see if buyers in a specific location can sign up for a Google Wallet account, check the 'Location' drop-down menu on the buyer sign-up page at https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=sierra
If your country isn't currently supported, please know that we look forward to making the service more widely available in the future.
However, we're unable to comment on the timing of Google Checkout's availability in your location.
The Google Checkout Team
We understand you'd like to know which locations you can sell to using Google Checkout.
A Google Checkout merchant account will enable you to transact with customers from many countries. To see if buyers in a specific location can sign up for a Google Wallet account, check the 'Location' drop-down menu on the buyer sign-up page at https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=sierra.
We look forward to making Google Checkout more widely available in the near future, although we are unable to comment on the timing of its availability in specific countries.
The Google Checkout Team
|Re: Get Start With Your Own Google Checkout E-commerce Website by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2012|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109