Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change (13725 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / UNILAG/MAU Students Drag FG To Court Over Name change / UNILAG Shut Down Over MAU Name Change Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
Its postponed because dr mrs patience jonathan is still busy markng final year english exams..dats why
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by fdigital(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
It seems u guys are unaware that the federal government also owns unilag and supersides every other law and policies instated by the institution; and thus has taking his stand on the name change effect . So u better take it or you change institution, either way the name MAULAG stands aka malu lag.

But finally gej is a KillerSwagg lol.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by UnimkeAk(m): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
UniLag is a Federal uni and the Federal Govt. Can do whatever it phucking wants to do wif it. Abi MKO no be one of una hero ehn?
If are not comfortable with the name withdraw or change schools if at all your Cgpa's will allow you do so.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Symphony007: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
This is'nt possible. If it is then there are a lot of nut jobs running that school. I'm still reeling from the images of students protesting a change of name because it does'nt sound "stylish"..how grotesque!!
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
Unilag will never be washed of and the name will continue to exist until Jonathan leaves office when it will return to its rightful and Maulag will disappear into obscurity.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by dridowu: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
PROUDLY MAULAG ?
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Some people make noise over nothing, How does a name change add or remove value from the certificate you are given and how does it out money into your bank account or is it name with swag una go chop?
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by IYANGBALI: 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
operaantap: I don't see any big deal in the change of name. Afterall this is not the first a federal university's name will be changed
abeg dat name no sweet for mouth,he no get swags and effect to catch babe or even get work
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by osariemenk(m): 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
REMMEI: And your source is where..
Ȋ̝̊̅§ D̶̲̥̅̊α† our problem?
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Goddex: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
MAULAG for life
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by kinisoo1: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2013
chino11: On Mooshod Kikiola Abiola University.. we stand (MKAULAG)

MKAULAG for life. grin grin

Guy, na Moshood KASHIMAWO Olawale Abiola. Where you invent Kikiola from? Which year dem born you? E be like say you no dey town when Hope '93 dey shele.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by omenka(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Isra-el:
and u're what.. a saint? you'l need a lot of taming to live long. if you don't like him, wait for his exit afteral you didnt put him there.
Cummulative individual votes put him up there, which means every single individual who voted for him comtributed to putting him up there.
My question then is, how r u sure the poster didn't vote for him?
The man is an oaf and everybody knows. Perhaps, except u.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by ignis: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
dedons: I hear say na Dame Patience wan b d nxt MAULAG VC
Must you bring joke to every thread?
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
fdigital: It seems u guys are unaware that the federal government also owns unilag and supersides every other law and policies instated by the institution; and thus has taking his stand on the name change effect . So u better take it or you change institution, either way the name MAULAG stands aka malu lag.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! THESE MAUITES ( ABI NA MALULITES SEF) WILL LYNCH U O!
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by sundaybam(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
Unilag is ok. We student of the institution don't like the name maulag.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by brownlord: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
fdigital: It seems u guys are unaware that the federal government also owns unilag and supersides every other law and policies instated by the institution; and thus has taking his stand on the name change effect . So u better take it or you change institution, either way the name MAULAG stands aka malu lag.

Omon, this gbagan fit change the name from maulag back to gbaganlag
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Freezle(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
Please get your fact right before posting anything here, Moderator I actually blame you on this issue.
I'm a student of university of lagos, and I'm scheduled for the forth coming convocation but that was not the fact it was cancelled.
As much I would love to tell you why it was cancelled I won't because if the school wants you to know about it they would put it on paper. I got the information from the Dean.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Mr9iceGuy(m): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dis Jonafraud self, u be winch? Abi ur mama born you put crase for ur head? Nnnnaaaa lekwanu ifeanyi oooo. Unilag must be for life. Who don change oxford, havard uni? Mtcheeeeew
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by kpozite(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
As the visitor of the school, he has every right and power to change it's name so live with it guys.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by OmichaelO: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Guys in school said it's 'cause of the name ish...
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Walexz02(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dem never see anyting, the owner(FG) say him want change him school name, hired lectures & professors are saying it is nt possible. Let wait and see who will****
As for the students, nothing more to say, since no b theire papa get the school,make dem just sharrap!
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by aribisala0(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
Federal government can change the name if it chooses but the Federal government has NOT done so.The President sent a bill for this to the National Assembly to enact legislation to effect the name change.We are awaiting the law to effect the change.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by xandy84: 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Bleep off guy

lucenzo: They should say the truth, too many carry overs and failures. Dem never wan graduate school life still dey sweet them. Unilag ko maulag ni.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by xandy84: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
You are wrong man... The op was right... We had already prepared for the convocation only to hear say presido did not approve it because of Maulag issue..

nanizle: I don't think it concerns the maulag issue. I heard its because the institution's chancellor passed away last year and a replacement is yet to be appointed. Chancellor must attend convocation ceremony.

Kogi Monarch, Attah Igala dies at 102
The longest reigning First Class Traditional Ruler in Nigeria, the Attah Igala, His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Aliyu Ocheja Obaje is dead. He transited to the great beyond in his palace on Monday at the age of 102, after his 56 years on the throne.The late Attah Igala who was the chairman Kogi state tradition council and chairman Igala traditional council ascended the throne on November 2, 1956 as the 26th Attah Igala.

The Late Attah until his death was also the Chancellor, of [s]the controversial Moshood Abiola University formally[/s] University of Lagos (e be like say d writer of this article dey smoke skunk wen him dey write am. maulag ko, maulag ni.)
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/17/kogi-monarch-attah-igala-dies-102/
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by beautifulOnyi: 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sorry to burst your bubble beefers! The national assembly has just thrown out the bill on change of name from unilag to maulag. Update yourselves!!

UNILAG for life!!!!!! Greatest akokites and idi-arabites! I hail thee

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Revolva(m): 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jonathan is a sadist what is wrong with that man head
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by morakone(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
lucenzo: They should say the truth, too many carry overs and failures. Dem never wan graduate school life still dey sweet them. Unilag ko maulag ni.

old Boy dem no talk say na student no wan convocate look road well b4 crossing
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by gendebs(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
MUNIRU ATI AMBALI UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by Engineer96(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jonathan, as the president of the country, is the visitor to the university, has the right to change the name of any federal university in Nigeria.
Going to court by MAULAG alumi was a great mistake as they cannot fight the president successfuly in a country like Nigeria, where the president is too powerful.
This court case, as long as it lasts, can paralyse many activities of the school and adulterate others. The appointment of a new chancelor will be for MAULAG and it is the president that will make the appointment.
To the federal ministry of education, it is now known as MAULAG.
This fight against the president cannot take them to any where and so I suggest they withdraw the case and maybe go back to court when Jonathan leaves.
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by oyestephen(m): 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
I thought this issue was over...I still prefer the name university of Lagos...Jonathan should kindly reconsider his decisions....
Re: UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change by erayo2GCA(m): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
i don tire for laugh...
fittty: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salaries: Gombe ASUU Vows To Withhold Students' Results / How To Answer Query In Coming Late? / ASUU To Tinubu: "We Have Been On The Same Salary Since 2009"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.