Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? (13099 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Simplified Layman Explanation Of The Basic Ideas Of Evolution. / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, you really think yourself rational?

Simple example.

What is wrong with my evolutionary basis for evolution? What is irrational about that argument that I have pushed forward on this forum?

This will be entertaining
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

You apologized for accepting his lie/quote mining.

Did Davidylan lie about me appealing to authority, yes or no?

Evidence
https://www.nairaland.com/1165701/laymans-question-multiverse-theory/3#13914514
And so? What you are not telling me is how apologizing translates into "division" and "conquering"
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Simple example.

What is wrong with my evolutionary basis for evolution? What is irrational about that argument that I have pushed forward on this forum?

This will be entertaining
Red herring.....I'm sure I and Uyi Iredia have pointed the errors in the same threads where you've made that proposition.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
Enigma:

I will indulge you on this occasion since you were at least not rude.

1. I said nothing about accusations of you and appeals to authority; it is not my business and I am not interested.

2. Find any decent lawyer; show them my explanation of the American cases that I brought up (with thanks to toba) and ask them if I misinterpreted them. smiley

3. It is totally false what you say that the atheists brought up any case to rebut the point that atheism was held to be a religion. Please name or point to just one case that they brought up. smiley

1) You indirectly accepted Davidylan's lie about an atheist (me) appealing to science by quoting his comment and then going on to complain about scientism and other atheists appealing to science.

2) Atheism is not a religion. I and other atheists explained that the case showed that atheism is treated like a religion when it comes to free speech/freedom of expression purposes. Simple. Atheism is not a religion

3) The thread is long agao. I dont have time to be digging up threads at your will.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by cyrexx: 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

-[Dr. Arroway in Carl Sagan's novel Contact (New York: Pocket Books, 1985]
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Red herring.....I'm sure I and Uyi Iredia have pointed the errors in the same threads where you've made that proposition.

Name one of these errors. I dare you.

You implied that I was irrational and incoherent especially to my atheist buddies. This should be simple to prove. You seem to be sweating.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
And so? What you are not telling me is how apologizing translates into "division" and "conquering"

You didnt support his statement that I appealed to authority...a division that butthurt Davidylan.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) You indirectly accepted Davidylan's lie about an atheist (me) appealing to science by quoting his comment and then going on to complain about scientism and other atheists appealing to science.

2) Atheism is not a religion. I and other atheists explained that the case showed that atheism is treated like a religion when it comes to free speech/freedom of expression purposes. Simple. Atheism is not a religion

3) The thread is long agao. I dont have time to be digging up threads at your will.

Whenever you find this case please bring it up --- except it does not exist. wink

And in that specific thread, I showed that all the lay people and sadly even the lawyer among them were ignorant and arguing blindly. And it was quite easy to do too. Still makes me laugh when I remember that thread (and a couple that preceded it on a similar point actually). smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Enigma:

Whenever you find this case please bring it up --- except it does not exist. wink

And in that specific thread, I showed that all the lay people and sadly even the lawyer among them were ignorant and arguing blindly. And it was quite easy to do too. Still makes me laugh when I remember hat thread (and a couple that preceded it on a similar point actually). smiley

Subjective opinion not noted
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:
Intelligent design creationism as a hypothesis is testable and has so far failed.
First of all, Intelligent Design and creationism are two different things plus I'll be really interested in this "test" you are talking about. Care to tell me about it?

How do you know the universe is fine-tuned if you do not know what it was fine-tuned for? So no, it isn't a scientific fact. The scientific fact is that we've been able to precisely measure certain characteristics it has.
Characteristics which if they differed in accuracy by as much as 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 (120 decimal places), conscious life wouldn't exist. Yeah I'd say the universe was fine tuned to give rise to conscious life.

No, the big bang is the explanation for the origin of our own space and time. What it means is that other universes would have their own space and time.
Good

Okay. But it isn't that the other universes are expanding within space because space is found within the universe not outside it.
Good too

For me, the fine-tuning argument is simply a poor argument based on hubris and puddle thinking so I don't see a need to introduce a multiverse though I've read somethings about the idea.
Really how so?

Again, not if the singularities that universes arise from are far enough apart.
I can't understand how you can talk of "far apart" outside the universes if space only exists within the universes

And that is one of the problems with the fine-tuning argument. It assumes that the universe was created for the purpose of generating life while someone else who looks at the universe can easily come to a different conclusion.
I think you have misconstrued the argument ever so slightly. It is a fact that the universe permits life. It is also a fact that if the initial conditions that govern the universe were even slightly different to the tune of 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 (a very conservative estimate by the way) life simply wouldn't exist and not only that, we would also have an entirely different kind of universe.

In order to legitimately write this off as chance, one must propose a world of an infinite number of universes (multiverse) all tuned differently so that ours just happens to be the one that permits life.
The problem with it is that not only is the theory untested, and has a few problems, It is also a very unreasonable way to argue and seems that its sole purpose is not to follow the evidence but to grasp for any reason no matter how far fetched that helps it deny the evidence and wriggle out of it's implications. As Alvin Platinga puts it and I paraphrase

Assuming you Cyrexx and I were playing poker and I consistently got 4 Aces consecutively over 20 rounds of dealing, would you accept it if I gave the explanation that the same poker game is currently taking place in an infinite number of alternate realities and this just happens to be the one where Anony gets 4 aces 20 consecutive times? or would you infer that I was cheating i.e either I designed it to be that way or someone else designed it to be that way for me?

By the way, the odds of me getting 4 Aces 20 consecutive times is roughly 1 in 1011. The odds of the universe being how it is so that it permits conscious life is more than 1 in 10120

You be the judge.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:

please, point out the error in my statements about the evolutionary basis of morality.

You claim that I am irrational and incoherent to my atheist buddies. It should be easy for yhou to point out the errors in my best arguments. You seem to be sweating
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Name one of these errors. I dare you.

You implied that I was irrational and incoherent especially to my atheist buddies. This should be simple to prove. You seem to be sweating.
There is nothing to sweat about. I don't see the need to drag this thread along an unnecessary tangent. The link is posted below for those who want to read through that thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians

No reason to drag this one on a tagent.

What's really funny is that you really believe yourself to have made logical sense in that thread. SMH
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:
You didnt support his statement that I appealed to authority...a division that butthurt Davidylan.
And how is that a division? we both still have the same opinion of your arguments. That you didn't appeal to authority in that instant doesn't make your arguments overall any less silly.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
There is nothing to sweat about. I don't see the need to drag this thread along an unnecessary tangent. The link is posted below for those who want to read through the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians

No reason to drag this one on a tagent

lies....is it so hard to point out something that is irrational? grin

For instance, I can easily point out that belief in God is irrational because there is no evidence for him; he is timeless, spaceless and invisible to us. God can not be measured by science or our 5 senses.

[size=18pt]
Anony.....I dare you to point on something that is irrational about my argument on morality. Very simple. Point it out or forever hold your peace that I'm not irrational[/size]

Note that Anony didnt point a specific post of his on that thread.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
And how is that a division? we both still have the same opinion of your arguments. That you didn't appeal to authority in that instant doesn't make your arguments overall any less silly.

you are divided on that issue of appealing to authority.....end of story
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by cyrexx: 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony: Assuming you Cyrexx and I were playing poker and I consistently got 4 Aces consecutively over 20 rounds of dealing, would you accept it if I gave the explanation that the same poker game is currently taking place in an infinite number of alternate realities and this just happens to be the one where Anony gets 4 aces 20 consecutive times? or would you infer that I was cheating i.e either I designed it to be that way or someone else designed it to be that way for me?

By the way, the odds of me getting 4 Aces 20 consecutive times is roughly 1 in 1011. The odds of the universe being how it is so that it permits conscious life is more than 1 in 10120

You be the judge.

Anony,

our universe is composed of billions of superclusters of galaxies, each superclusters contains billilions of galaxies, each galaxies are composed of billions of stars and our sun is just a star with eight planets.

Just imagine how many possible trillions upon trillions of planets are possible. It would be a miracle if at least one of those planets does not have a lucky combination of conditions necessary for life.

Using your analogy of poker games, it is indeed possible to arrive at that results (20aces); if the cards are dealt in an extremely long sequence of billions upon billions of times; just similar to the one planet among billions upon billions of planets having the lucky combinations of elements to support life.

This is not a miracle, it is probability, however slim it is. And improbability is not impossibility

1 Like

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

lies....is it so hard to point out something that is irrational? grin

For instance, I can easily point out that belief in God is irrational because there is no evidence for him; he is timeless, spaceless and invisible to us. God can not be measured by science or our 5 senses.

[size=18pt]
Anony.....I dare you to point on something that is irrational about my argument on morality. Very simple. Point it out or forever hold your peace that I'm not irrational[/size]

Note that Anony didnt point a specific post of his on that thread.

Yawn............

1. It is futile showing you your irrationality because you will irrationally and fanatically defend it

2. I see you have lost steam on this argument so you are trying hard to get the thread derailed

3. The link to the thread has been posted so anyone who wants can go read it.

You have no point.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:
you are divided on that issue of appealing to authority.....end of story
Yawn......seeking cheap points now are we?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn............

[size=24pt]1. It is futile showing you your irrationality because you will irrationally and fanatically defend it[/size]

2. I see you have lost steam on this argument so you are trying hard to get the thread derailed

3. The link to the thread has been posted so anyone who wants can go read it.

You have no point.

1) So, in other words you have just called me a foolish fool, that has no reasoning to see a valid criticism of my statement. Note that Anony will later go on hypocritically to claim that I am abusive and no christian will call Anony out on this

2)Another false accusation. How did I lose steam in this argument? I rebutted your claims with videos and explanations of the videos but what did you do to my last comment? You wrote a one-liner claiming that I''m incoherent- another false accusation.

3) You didnt link to any of your comments. Shows how confident you are of your rebuttals on that thread.

[size=18pt]
I repeat one last time;

Anony.....I dare you to point on something that is irrational about my argument on morality. Very simple. Point it out or forever hold your peace that I'm not irrational

Never call me irrational again because I will take it as an insult and I will abuse you back mercilessly[/size]
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn......seeking cheap points now are we?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by thehomer: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Wow! a void you say? Exactly how would you go about describing this "void"? Remember that space is within the universes so I'd like to see you describe this void non-spatially. Thank you.

I'm describing it as devoid of matter.

You're welcome.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by thehomer: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr_Anony:
First of all, Intelligent Design and creationism are two different things plus I'll be really interested in this "test" you are talking about. Care to tell me about it?

No they're not really different things. They're generally the same idea simply made to look different. "Irreducible complexity" of the eye has been shown not to be so.

Mr_Anony:
Characteristics which if they differed in accuracy by as much as 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 (120 decimal places), conscious life wouldn't exist. Yeah I'd say the universe was fine tuned to give rise to conscious life.

You cannot make that conclusion unless you've actually examined enough of the universe to know this. How do you know that the universe wasn't fine tuned to give rise to say diamonds? Given the fact that there are some characteristics that if they differed by the small figure you've given above, it would have made no difference how do you know it was made for life?

Mr_Anony:
Good

Good too

Really how so?

It is puddle thinking because the fact that we find ourselves in a universe and think that it suits us so well doesn't mean it was made for us. Just as it is justifiable for an amoeba that finds itself in a puddle think that the puddle was made for it.

Mr_Anony:
I can't understand how you can talk of "far apart" outside the universes if space only exists within the universes

I'm using it as a relative term i.e they're not occupying the same space that this one is occupies.

Mr_Anony:
I think you have misconstrued the argument ever so slightly. It is a fact that the universe permits life. It is also a fact that if the initial conditions that govern the universe were even slightly different to the tune of 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 (a very conservative estimate by the way) life simply wouldn't exist and not only that, we would also have an entirely different kind of universe.

I haven't misconstrued it. You claimed that it was made for life.

Mr_Anony:
In order to legitimately write this off as chance, one must propose a world of an infinite number of universes (multiverse) all tuned differently so that ours just happens to be the one that permits life.
The problem with it is that not only is the theory untested, and has a few problems, It is also a very unreasonable way to argue and seems that its sole purpose is not to follow the evidence but to grasp for any reason no matter how far fetched that helps it deny the evidence and wriggle out of it's implications. As Alvin Platinga puts it and I paraphrase

Assuming you Cyrexx and I were playing poker and I consistently got 4 Aces consecutively over 20 rounds of dealing, would you accept it if I gave the explanation that the same poker game is currently taking place in an infinite number of alternate realities and this just happens to be the one where Anony gets 4 aces 20 consecutive times? or would you infer that I was cheating i.e either I designed it to be that way or someone else designed it to be that way for me?

You be the judge.

No, one doesn't need to propose such a world because because you simply cannot calculate these probabilities that you're claiming. You don't even know that there is a multiverse in the first place. You are assuming that the values that we've calculated must be mutable because we've assigned numbers and units to them but guess what, it may not be so. We simply don't have enough information to make such conclusions so the probability claims simply go out the window.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 1:02am On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Anony,

our universe is composed of billions of superclusters of galaxies, each superclusters contains billilions of galaxies, each galaxies are composed of billions of stars and our sun is just a star with eight planets.

Just imagine how many possible trillions upon trillions of planets are possible. It would be a miracle if at least one of those planets does not have a lucky combination of conditions necessary for life.

Using your analogy of poker games, it is indeed possible to arrive at that results (20aces); if the cards are dealt in an extremely long sequence of billions upon billions of times; just similar to the one planet among billions upon billions of planets having the lucky combinations of elements to support life.

This is not a miracle, it is probability, however slim it is. And improbability is not impossibility
Ok, it seems you don't quite understand the fine tuning vs multiverse argument. I'll try and break it down for you a bit.

The argument is not concerned with whether life exists in many places in the universe or not but that life exists in the universe at all.

Initial conditions for the universe are such that even a very slight variation will result in drastic changes that will make it impossible for life to exist. For instance, gravity which makes particles come together has to be in just the right balance between it and the electromagnetic forces of repulsion between two protons. Now if gravity varied by as much as one in 20 decimal places we would have an entirely different universe.

Basically: If gravity was stronger by 0.000000000000000000001 in relation to the force of repulsion, gravity would be so strong that the universe would be a clump of very tightly packed matter and life wouldn't form.

On the other hand; If gravity was weaker by the same 0.000000000000000000001, particles would repel themselves so far out that atoms and molecules won't even form not to talk of life

Another such constant is the cosmological constant which is tuned to the precision of the 120th decimal place, there's also the strong and weak nuclear forces, the original phase space volume of the universe, rate of entropy and about some 50 other such parameters all tuned to such precision and in relation to one another that if anyone of them was out of sync by an infinettisimally small fraction, you immediately have a very different universe that will not permit life.

Mind you, these constants are initial conditions under which the big bang occured. Without them, it would have been a very different kind of bang

The counter argument to the above (other than just claiming that it is random chance)is the proposition that our universe is probably not all there is but that there could exist an infinite number of universes (estimated at 10500) with many different big bangs of there own and fine-tuned in many different ways and our universe just happens to be the one in which life exists.

The problem with this multiverse idea is that it is just an idea we have absolutely no evidence to suggest that there is another universe outside our own (I don't think we've even explored the extents of our own universe). Most people regard it as a very far fetched argument presented for the sole purpose of wriggling out of the evidence that the universe is finely tuned.

Now there is another problem with the multiverse argument and that's the one that I am addressing on this thread which is that two universes cannot possibly be separated by space and time because space and time are defined within each universe so the question arises. "What is between any two universes if it is not space?"

The reason I ask this question is because it is usually the same people who oppose a spaceless timeless first cause that propose a multiverse that requires something spaceless and timeless to exist between universes within it. See the double standard?

If the multiverse theory is true and other universes exist outside our space and time, then a first cause outside our space and time can also exist. If the model of the multiverse is tweaked so that multiple universes are existing in different dimensions of the same space, then it will make an even stronger case for fine tuning because the same natural laws will apply across them all.

Do you get the argument now?

The question still holds. If the multiverse argument is true, what exists inbetween any two universes?

So far the only person who has attempted to give an answer is thehomer. He says it is a void but he is yet to properly define this void and tell us how and why it is different from space.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

huh? grin butt hurt? I had to wash my car and run errands. Many of us have lives you know. cheesy
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

huh? grin butt hurt? I had to wash my car and run errands. Many of us have lives you know. cheesy

Good for you! smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 1:22am On Jan 20, 2013
thehomer:

I'm describing it as devoid of matter.

You're welcome.
Lol this does not help you at all. . . . . . . .devoid of matter means nothing because even if it were just empty space, the same cosmological constants will still apply. gravitational pull from matter in our universe will still reach across the space to have an effect on the matter in the other universe and vice versa so that essentially you really only have one massive universe larger than we once thought and all our known universe would be is one mega-galaxy with smaller galaxies, stars and planets all in the same space. You would have only succeeded in pushing the question back one step.

The only way you can have universes with completely different natural laws is if this void you are talking about is a spaceless entity for which I'll ask you to explain exactly what the nature of this void is.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 20, 2013
@Anony,
Since you have ignored my comment, I take it that oyu have no basis to call me irrational since you couldnt back up your claim

Mr_Anony:
Yawn............

[size=14pt]1. It is futile showing you your irrationality because you will irrationally and fanatically defend it[/size]

Logicboy03:

1) So, in other words you have just called me a foolish fool, that has no reasoning to see a valid criticism of my statement. Note that Anony will later go on hypocritically to claim that I am abusive and no christian will call Anony out on this

I repeat one last time;

Anony.....I dare you to point on something that is irrational about my argument on morality. Very simple. Point it out or forever hold your peace that I'm not irrational

Never call me irrational again because I will take it as an insult and I will abuse you back mercilessly
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 2:10am On Jan 20, 2013
thehomer:
No they're not really different things. They're generally the same idea simply made to look different. "Irreducible complexity" of the eye has been shown not to be so.
Actually they are different but that's by the way.

You cannot make that conclusion unless you've actually examined enough of the universe to know this. How do you know that the universe wasn't fine tuned to give rise to say diamonds? Given the fact that there are some characteristics that if they differed by the small figure you've given above, it would have made no difference how do you know it was made for life?

It is puddle thinking because the fact that we find ourselves in a universe and think that it suits us so well doesn't mean it was made for us. Just as it is justifiable for an amoeba that finds itself in a puddle think that the puddle was made for it.
I think you are missing the point. The point is that not only will life not exist, the universe would be so radically different from how it is. This is not merely about the amoeba but puddle and land around it as well as the entire planet that hosts this continent that hosts this peice of land that holds the puddle that holds the amoeba. All will be gone because of a very small fractional variation. I'd say that's a bit more than puddle thinking wouldn't you?

I'm using it as a relative term i.e they're not occupying the same space that this one is occupies.
If they are in separate distinct spaces, then whatever is inbetween them cannot possibly be space. Are you conceding to a spaceless entity?

I haven't misconstrued it. You claimed that it was made for life.
I said it was life permitting

No, one doesn't need to propose such a world because because you simply cannot calculate these probabilities that you're claiming.
Oh yes we can. All you have to do is vary the number of any of these constants ever so slightly and mathematically you have an entirely different universe

You don't even know that there is a multiverse in the first place.
Hey remember me. I am not the guy claiming that there is a multiverse, I am the guy saying that it is very implausible and highly unlikely.

You are assuming that the values that we've calculated must be mutable because we've assigned numbers and units to them but guess what, it may not be so. We simply don't have enough information to make such conclusions so the probability claims simply go out the window.
Lol, let me give you an analogy.

Assuming I had a gun and was aiming at a target and if I shifted my aim by as little as 1 millimeter I would miss the mark by as much as 1 meter, I believe it is a safe to put my probability of hitting my target to roughly 0.001% (one in a thousand) especially if - I like the natural laws of the universe - don't necessarily have any motivation to hit the target in the first place. Now assuming I took 20 shots and hit the same target all of the 20 times......It becomes even more improbable doesn't it?
Now imagine there were 10 of us and we all hit the exact same target 20 times with bullseye accuracy.....even more improbable isn't it? I think at this point it will be irrational to say that we don't have any motivation for hitting it and that it just so happens that our bullets are repeatedly hitting this target.

Think of it. you tweak gravity by as little as 1x10-20 your have a totally different universe, you tweak the cosmological constant by as little as 1x10-120 an entirely different non life permitting universe shows up, the same for the stong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, speed of light e.t.c. There is no reason why those numbers have to be that way and in such precise relation to each other.
Mathematically the universe can take a myraid of other forms but it just so happens to be like this and permit life. The odds that the universe just happens to be so is not a good explanation at all.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 2:17am On Jan 20, 2013
Logicboy03: @Anony,
Since you have ignored my comment, I take it that oyu have no basis to call me irrational since you couldnt back up your claim
Lol, I didn't ignore your comment because I can't back up my claim - one only needs to look through your posts on this forum to see your irrationality - I ignored your comment because I didn't want to derail this thread.

As for you being irrational, that's a fact and I am sure I've pointed that out to you many times on numerous threads. If you were unable to get it then, I see no reason why you'll get it now.

I just don't think it is worth my while for me to derail this thread in favour of comments about your rationality (or lack of it rather)
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I didn't ignore your comment because I can't back up my claim - one only needs to look through your posts on this forum to see your irrationality - I ignored your comment because I didn't want to derail this thread.

As for you being irrational, that's a fact and I am sure I've pointed that out to you many times on numerous threads. If you were unable to get it then, I see no reason why you'll get it now.

I just don't think it is worth my while for me to derail this thread in favour of comments about your rationality (or lack of it rather)

The faucktard still called me irrational without backing it up. You couldnt resist? How foolish can you get?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony: Hi everyone, just a question I've been pondering over. Here it is:

If the multiverse theory is true, what exists between any two universes?

"If the theory is true"? Everything is possible! I know we have been taught many wrong things in our schools and religious places. I know this is only a debate,but the truth cannot be told but realized by every individual. If you wanna know more about the multiverse( where the higher conscious beings resides) ,you will need to let go of all belief systems and increase your frequency.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by thehomer: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol this does not help you at all. . . . . . . .devoid of matter means nothing because even if it were just empty space, the same cosmological constants will still apply. gravitational pull from matter in our universe will still reach across the space to have an effect on the matter in the other universe and vice versa so that essentially you really only have one massive universe larger than we once thought and all our known universe would be is one mega-galaxy with smaller galaxies, stars and planets all in the same space. You would have only succeeded in pushing the question back one step.

No the same cosmological constants won't necessarily apply because each universe is different. There are some ideas of the multiverse in which this gravitational effect is present but once again, if they were far enough apart, it would be negligible.

Mr_Anony:
The only way you can have universes with completely different natural laws is if this void you are talking about is a spaceless entity for which I'll ask you to explain exactly what the nature of this void is.

What is the nature of where God is? I think your basic conception of the variability of the natural laws is flawed. The laws themselves and the constants that are used to formulate them are supposed to be considered to be variable in your conception so why are you now claiming that they must be fixed in some other universe?
Finally, the nature of a void is simply that. It is a void devoid of matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 / An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / Have You Ever Seen A Live Miracle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.