Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Applying For A 5-year Visa On Passport With 2 Years Left. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For A 5-year Visa On Passport With 2 Years Left. (1036 Views)

Step To Have Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online 2014 - 2015, Save Money?? / Republic Of Georgia Visa On Arrival Document!!! / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Applying For A 5-year Visa On Passport With 2 Years Left. by dnative(m): 8:28pm On Feb 29, 2008
Guys I need your thoughts on this.

A relation of mine with 2 years left on her nigerian passport wishes to apply for a 5-year multiple visitors visa to the UK.

Does she necessarily need to get a new passport to accomodate the 5-year visa she is applying for or would BHC issue the visa on the current passport and allow her to transfer this to a new passport at 2010 when the current passport expires.

Your responses are appreciated.
Re: Applying For A 5-year Visa On Passport With 2 Years Left. by Tats(m): 10:02pm On Feb 29, 2008
It is not a problem.

When the passport expires and she gets a new one, she can just attach the old passport (containing the visa) to it. The immigration office in UK will write VIPP (Visa In Previous Passport) on the new passport and stamp it with the entry stamp any time she comes in. She doesn't need to transfer the visa.

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Sell On My Visit To Nigeria ? / Venezuelan Tourist Visa Info / Travelling With A Newborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.