Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System (688 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: / Ph. D Research Topic In The Area Of Vehicle Electrical Rewiring For Elect. Eng. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
gudevening
pls i run a 90-91 model honda prelude with a non-factory installed airconditioning system and an aftermarket sony subwoofer with sony cd player.
pls do i need to upgrade my alternator to a higher ratings?
Re: Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
Farayolas: gudevening
pls i run a 90-91 model honda prelude with a non-factory installed airconditioning system and an aftermarket sony subwoofer with sony cd player.
pls do i need to upgrade my alternator to a higher ratings?

for sub woofer you just need a capacitor the capacitor will be the brigde between the sub and battery, the sub at its peak will be getting power from the capacitor, and the capacitor would have stored the required power, than do it direct to the battery and stressing the alternator
Re: Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2013
thanks Zim drill for the advice but the subwoofer was actually installed by the rewire as you said
Re: Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2013
Gudmorning
pls i need more input
Re: Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:28am On Jan 18, 2013
Farayolas: thanks Zim drill for the advice but the subwoofer was actually installed by the rewire as you said

then if the capacitor is the right one your sub woofer shouldnt cause an concern they should be running fine
Re: Upgrading My Vehicle Electrical Charging System by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Correct Engine Oil For 95 Camry / Hard To Find Spare Parts / hhh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.