Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (17629 Views)

BREAKING: Corpers Are To Report To Their LG For Headcount Nationwide / NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp / NYSC To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 19, 2013
tosrich:

You must be a pathetic foo.ol to have witten this trash. there are bad eggs everywhere and I see no reason why you should single out one University...you really need to go check yourself
No mind the guy.. Why on earth should he single out ur school

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by nwgoziri(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2013
angelajuni: Ahhh....IMT,ESUTH,EBSU tke note
is nt limitd 2 dis1ce o, thy r evriwi...unn,ibb uni,uniben,e.t.c
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2013
CrazyMan:
So how the hell were they able to graduate in the first place?

Who wrote their projects for them?

Who supervised them?

What language did they use when they defended it?

If a graduate of a higher institution cannot communicate in English, then I feel that institution shouldn't be allowed to exist.

I mean how would you graduate a stark illiterate who would go out and make a mockery of your institution...it makes no sense.

The NYSC boss should report those school...
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by fittty(m): 9:33am On Jan 19, 2013
Poly graduates take note! angry
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by simpleseyi: 9:34am On Jan 19, 2013
CrazyMan:

Who supervised them?

If a graduate of a higher institution cannot communicate in English, then I feel that institution shouldn't be allowed to exist.

I mean how would you graduate a stark illiterate who would go out and make a mockery of your institution...it makes no sense.

Patience Jonathan has a degree from Uniport, her grammar is worse than that of my 3 year old niece.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Ikwerefistson: 9:34am On Jan 19, 2013
BANGA SOUP: 9th to comment
i belev ure one of d jankara graguates
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by ecosanders: 9:34am On Jan 19, 2013
Gratia: This is absolutely correct! it is disheartening to know that I have one here as a fellow corper,what a shame!
u r rite, served with one frm Ogun state too, a graduate of OOU(OSU), dis guy cant communicate in simple english. Chai!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by simpleseyi: 9:35am On Jan 19, 2013
CrazyMan:

Who supervised them?

Patience Jonathan has a degree from Uniport, her grammar is worse than that of my 3 year old niece.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by vanstanzy(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2013
NYSC, ask urselves whether u have quality graduates to post to schools.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2013
Emperor5c: And afta service dem go employ dem based on “who knw who“ levels while “schooled“ ones roam d streets lukin 4 jobs.
na So, nigeria kill it during quota system that allow some that score low mark just as the northern student that are admitted against the brilliant one. I was a victim then. Look at nigeri system, you see this mallam there at all top government post. Why will nigeria move forward?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by illuminutty: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2013
CrazyMan:

Who supervised them?

during my time at Yikpata, Kwara State, i met someone who studied Arabic and could barely bite and write few English words because he was taught in Arabic. Most of the things he wrote were written in Arabic.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Ikwerefistson: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2013
pDude: ESUT GRADUATES TAKE NOTE grin
wat of ibadan poly ogun state uni nd poly kwara state uni nd poly,zamfara poly,yobe poly,gombe state uni,imsu,akwa ibom state poly,etc
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2013
Since Brig Gen okorie afia entered the sit of DG, it has been deficient graduate this or that. We all know that, and it has been on since(for as long as you can testify un previous years of service). I think publicly annoucing tannishes d image of this great nation, I will rather recomend him action logging by going to d suspected institution quietly n trashing things out.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by webcalculator(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2013
J12: Supported! Only graduates from the TOP TEN universities should be deployed to schools

where i'm serving, the principal is from one of the TOP TEN but he cannot speak without you noticing grammatical errors; his memoranda are never devoid of grammatical blunder.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by vanstanzy(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2013
intelligen: SMH ...how on earth did we get here?

How we got to this deplorable state is like this... We allowed our Educational institutions fall. Now we produce half-baked grads. sad sad sad
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by nwgoziri(m): 9:46am On Jan 19, 2013
angelajuni: Ahhh....IMT,ESUTH,EBSU tke note
is in al d nig institutn,unn,uniben,ibb,unimad e.t.c....lecturs kip dancin alingo wit campus gals.lol
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by ecosanders: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2013
sam4xadams:
na So, nigeria kill it during quota system that allow some that score low mark just as the northern student that are admitted against the brilliant one. I was a victim then. Look at nigeri system, you see this mallam there at all top government post. Why will nigeria move forward?
and dat graduate Mallam is ahead of u academicaly anyday anytime.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Clerverly: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2013
This was a response i got from the query i issued a newly employed graduate Sales Executive in my establishment;

"my phone went off because i have fate bartry .and during the peroid iam still on the trade with new vam ,because ofwhat we are withness in that zone ,mr daninel ,that reason ,why i can be reach. iam very sorry it will not happen again
thank aki ade"

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by ariyebaba(m): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2013
I was @ d workshop to make cool money. I 'm ENTREPRENEUR !
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by simpleseyi: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2013
[quote author=Clerverly]This was a response i got from the query i issued a newly employed graduate Sales Executive in my establishment;

"my phone went off because i have fate bartry .and during the peroid iam still on the trade with new vam ,because ofwhat we are withness in that zone ,mr daninel ,that reason ,why i can be reach. iam very sorry it will not happen again
thank aki ade"[/quote

This guy's tertiary and secondary school certificates should be withdrawn because this person cannot pass WAEC or NECO english. Even in G2 which is one of primary school's final exams, you still write english composition. I beg let this person go and re-do from start.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by nwgoziri(m): 10:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Techwriter: Is ones ability to speak English fluently a proof of literacy? Most Chinese can't speak English but they invent things that marvel us. Attending NYSC is also not a road to success. Emphasis should be placed on productivity not fluency in a foreign tongue
u jst said my mind.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by ayurdavid: 10:03am On Jan 19, 2013
this problem cut across most higher institutions in Nigeria, especially the eastern schools.
#no pun intended
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by valicious1(m): 10:06am On Jan 19, 2013
Engrish hard joor. If you don't/didn't have good command of the english language right from your primary school, forget it. I always advice my friends who have kids to ensure they are enrolled into private primary schools atleast for the sake of their future. The worst thing you can do to your child is to put him/her in a govt owned primary school jst cause of the enticement of the so called "free" education. See, the govt is like d devil, nothing free comes from him, he must collect his gift in one way or another either directly or indirectly. If u know you are ready to start having children, you must also be ready to invest heavily on them. Put them in good private schools that the teachers pay individual attention to each and every child in the class. Let's not be deceived by all these "free" education jagons.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Clemzy16(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2013
J12: Supported! Only graduates from the TOP TEN universities should be deployed to schools
SDFU if you've got nothing meaningful to comment. Odeeeee!!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by UncleJJ(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2013
krisokuweh: Dis is so true. Met a girl in camp dat dey had to write her name, institution attended n address for her. I wondered hw a graduate wil not b able to do dat most especially skuls frm d east. Pls pals its just d truth 4get abt d region n say ur own

The schools in the east are the worst....we all know !!! grin
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by AZeD1(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Techwriter: Is ones ability to speak English fluently a proof of literacy? Most Chinese can't speak English but they invent things that marvel us. Attending NYSC is also not a road to success. Emphasis should be placed on productivity not fluency in a foreign tongue
Dude stop thinking like the "half baked graduates". The official language of China is Chinese while the official language of Nigeria is English.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by iwanchop(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2013

What yardstick are u going to use to rate those universities?And who told u graduates who r not from ur so called top 10 ranking are all dullards
?Na wa for ur thinking

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013

What is your point? In Nigeria, the official language is English, which means that EVERY graduate - regardless of how "productive" he or she purports to be - is expected to be fluent in the language. Is that not why English is a COMPULSORY subject for ALL courses in tertiary institutions?

Having gone through primary, secondary, and tertiary education, what excuse does one have not to be fluent in the language in which he or she acquired all their education? This also applies to the Chinese people you alluded to. They don't need to speak English to be productive because they are did not learn their productivity in English. It's as simple as that.

How do I ascertain your "productivity" when you cannot even communicate effectively in YOUR own language? Yes, English is our language, NOT a "foreign tongue". I'm sure no one in Nigeria receives formal education in their native language.

If you're a "productive" engineer, how did you read and assimilate the engineering textbooks (written in English) in school? How did you pass your exams? How do you study manuals?

Let's stop making excuses for dullards abeg!

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by magnificio(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Ogbe ni, hw many schs do ye wnt 2 report, u'll end up reportin' evry sch in naija... suggestn: manage them lyk dat b4 u give ursef hbp. Ejo ema binu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Batchc'14 Anambra Lets Meet Here / Nysc Anthem :download And Lyrics / Top 10 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.