Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Today Is Internet Freedom Day - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Today Is Internet Freedom Day (10315 Views)

Guys Check This Out, I Found This On Topix Today! Is That Even Possible? / Download Php Freedom Framework 2.0 & Build Web Apps With Fun - Proudly Nigerian! / Php Freedom Framework: A Made-in-Nigeria Technology for Rapid Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Internet Freedom Day by paulworld(m): 6:37am On Jan 19, 2013
Internet Freedom Day One year ago we defeated SOPA . Today, celebrate your freedom of expression. January 18th is #InternetFreedomDay.
What's something you love on the net that you’d never want to see censored?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Ralphjoe(m): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Could this be the reason why my airtel internet bundle that was suppose to expire on the 18th of jan(being yesterday) refuse to expire? Infact am still using it now to surf the net nw.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Techwriter: 7:34am On Jan 19, 2013
Freedom leads to bondage. Ask the drug addict, he had the freedom to choose how to live and what to ingest; they chose drug. Today they lost everything including freedom. I support a censorship of the internet

Meanwhile the problem of internet in Nigeria is the speed of connection. YahClick was introduced recently to solve that problem. irrespective of your location you can have fast connection with Yaclick. Get it from Syscomptech

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Fourcade(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2013
^One man's vital appeal is another man's insurmountable hurdle.As for me and my... I will enjoy the ''freedom'' while it lasts grin grin
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
No bannin 2day,
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
maclatunji
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
paulworld: Internet Freedom Day One year ago we defeated SOPA . Today, celebrate your freedom of expression. January 18th is #InternetFreedomDay.
What's something you love on the net that you’d never want to see censored?
what?... Pls come again
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by DrKlever(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
seun likes garri grin
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Mr1234(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
Today I should be able to ask "how does this affect the price of gaari?" without getting banned

write "fvck, n.ipple, kitten" without Seun and his mods modifying them.

Lemme try .... Bleep... see they've changed it.

i should be able to write the position i am without my post getting hidden or me getting banned.

what else?

11 Likes

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by slimyem: 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
I don't get what this is about...
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Fourcade: ^One man's vital appeal is another man's insurmountable hurdle.As for me and my... I will enjoy the ''freedom'' while it lasts grin grin

I love your use of words.. Your vocabulary tank is obviously large. wink
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
So uh...i guess it'd be safe to say bitch, without getting banned, huh?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Scarpon(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
I wan see seun wife picture

1 Like

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by harlos: 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
Means u can talk as u like today cos nobody is going to ban u wink
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Do we even have internet in Nigeria?

When you consider how slow the average internet user's connection is in Nigeria and the percentage of the population that uses it, we have no reason to celebrate it.

Furthermore, how many Nigerian internet users can watch a youtube video without buffering? How many of us here?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by harlos: 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
slimyem: I don't get what this is about...
u get boyfriend
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03: Do we even have internet in Nigeria?

When you consider how slow the average internet user's connection is in Nigeria and the percentage of the population that uses it, we have no reason to celebrate it.

Furthermore, how many Nigerian internet users can watch a youtube video without buffering? How many of us here?

Furthermore, we dont even have internet guidelines and policies in Nigeria.

Can someone be arrested for hate speech on Facebook or tweets in Nigeria?
We dont even know if your govt has tools to spy on us with the internet in Nigeria

A wikileak showed that African govrnments were requesting internet spying and surveillance equipment. How many of us know that?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by SIRcumalot: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03: Do we even have internet in Nigeria?

nigeria is the 9th largest internet user in the world according to CIA FACTBOOK 2011 to put this more into perspective we beat countries like russia,canada,spain countries with 'supposedly great internet connection'so my good friend do not trash your country.

5 Likes

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
nigeria is the 9th largest internet user in the world according to CIA FACTBOOK 2011 to put this more into perspective we beat countries like russia,canada,spain countries with 'supposedly great internet connection'so my good friend do not trash your country.

See this mathematics illiterate.

That is by total numbers of users. Only 28% of our population use the internet. (Nigeria is 10th in the world by total users)

Switzerland that is 46th in totals users has 85% of its population using the internet.

By the way, how many of those internet users in Nigeria use it on mobile phones and are the 30% of well to do people not the average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Francheezy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
hmph....internet freed0m...yet i waz ban t0day by PYGURU....LET PYGURU G0 0N VACAT!0N T0DAY.
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by baibijayyahoo(f): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
hehehheheh, so no banning......... How many cupz of garri can u drink in a day? Garri for life!!! Oya o, no bannin! I said seun nau? Why ws t edited
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by ayurdavid: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
pls where can i get original GARRI ijebu? mod abeg na question i ask o.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
baibijay@yahoo.:
hehehheheh, so no banning......... How many cupz of garri can u drink in a day? Garri for life!!! Oya o, no bannin!

Lols...u don dey madt abi
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by mrkels(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Wetin this OP dey yarn self?
mtcheew
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
How much is a paint of garri in Abakaliki now? I want to buy some for my grandmama.
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Monzuur(m): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ralphjoe: Could this be the reason why my airtel internet bundle that was suppose to expire on the 18th of jan(being yesterday) refuse to expire? Infact am still using it now to surf the net nw.
mine too suppose to finish yesterday and am still usin it
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Psylas(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri garri! grin
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
yay?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by sagaciousblog: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
HOW DOES THIS STOP MUKINA FROM BANNING YOU TILL 2074?
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by johnhack: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
well at least d data bundle price have to an extent gone down....KEEP SENDING UR BULK SMS USING www.bulksmsilnks.com ...........no banning today ooooo

Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yes!
TDM Activated!
Pupu & pee on this thread. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Re: Today Is Internet Freedom Day by sushieater: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Julieccentric:

I love your use of words.. Your vocabulary tank is obviously large. wink
Words A Make Her Crush

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! / I Failed Google Adsense Verification. Please What Do I Do Next? / Malta Blogger Daphne Caruana Galizia Dies In Car Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.