Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level (2470 Views)

Money Wakes Up Cash Obsessed Man From Coma / Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral / Man Shows Up For Dwi Hearing -- With An Open Can Of Beer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level by rodeo0070(m): 11:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Datta Phuge, a chit fund businessman from Pimpri, India, refers to himself as “The Gold Man of Pimpri” and in order to live up to this image, he has recently commissioned a 22-karat gold shirt weighing 3.2 kilograms that’s bound to make some Western rappers green with envy.

According to India Today, gold-obsessed businessmen and politicians are nothing new in India. Not long ago, a man by the name of Ramesh Wanjale was spotted wearing 2 kilos of gold, then NCP functionary Samrat Moze wore 8.5 kilograms of gold in the form of jewelry and ornaments, but chit fund Datta Phuge found a way to one-up them both. He had a team of 15 goldsmiths working 18 hours a day for over 15 days in order to finish a 3.5 kg woven gold shirt. ”The gold shirt has been one of my dreams,” Mr Phuge told Indian newspaper the Pune Mirror. “It will be an embellishment to my reputation as the ‘Gold man of Pimpri’”, Phuge said. His extravagant garment consists of 14,000 gold flowerrings, interwoven with one lakh spangles. It was assembled on a fabric base of imported white velvet, and comes with six Swarovski crystal buttons and an intricate belt, also made of gold.

The Gold Man of Pimpri says his shirt is an investment. ”People buy cars or go on holidays abroad. For me, gold is the ultimate passion,” he told Indian reporters. “That is the reason I have spent a whopping amount of money on the shirt. I am looking at it as an investment which will keep appreciating.” Phuge, who owned about 10 kilograms of gold, also has 5-kilograms of accessories to go with his glittering clothes – about 10 gold chains (including three chains of 70 tolas or 700 grams each), six bracelets and 25 rings. All the gold on his body adds up to about 10 kilograms.

And if you’re wondering about Datta Phuge’s security, know that he’s not worried at all. “I have my own security system in place. I always move around with bodyguards,” he told the press.

SOURCE: http://www.odditycentral.com/news/gold-obsessed-man-shows-off-solid-gold-shirt-takes-pimping-to-a-whole-new-level.html#more-32455

Re: Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level by smakati(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
I think I have found my hero......my mum needs to see this because later now she will say am extravagant....this man is 'mega'vagant
Re: Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
lol. grin he's obsessed!

as for me i don't really care for gold like that tbh.
i'd appreciate the value and cash in on it! grin but
to wear, no...it's kinda of played out to me.
Re: Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level by rodeo0070(m): 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
smakati: I think I have found my hero......my mum needs to see this because later now she will say am extravagant....this man is 'mega'vagant
Guy you funny o!
Re: Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level by slimyem: 5:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
Goldman indeed!
O kare!
Vanity upon vanity!undecided

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Oldest Nairalander? / Seyi Shay Grabs Wizkid’s Penis In New Video(photos) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.