Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ (1654 Views)

Unable To Connect With Glo Modem / Pc Free Browsing With Airtel Blazing Fast! / Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2008
hello landers, has anyone purchased or knows anyone using glo's newly launched 3G+ service?
i just bought one and am using it to browse but I 'll like to hear opinions and experiences encountered using this product. Methinks its cool and OK
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by jossymaro(m): 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2008
you go nms
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2008
you go nms
jossymaro:

you go nms

yes
guess u did too. wanna try me? read a hint of doubt the`way u asked ur question
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 12:42am On Mar 03, 2008
got it for 30k plus 1 month free.
monthly rental's 7k5 while promo lasts
uses two technologies: UMTS and GPRS from which users can select though the UMTS is way faster
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by idea(m): 6:49am On Mar 04, 2008
is it better in terms of browsing speed and download time than the evdos from visafone, starcomms or multilinks?
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by ituen(m): 8:12am On Mar 04, 2008
I think we shld be frank with ourselves

What is 3g? wat do they mean by upgrade? How have their services been since the upgrade?

British Telecoms is one of the best GSM companies in the UK and they use 2.5g and from the quarterly reports, its not easy to maitain a 2.5g network. but check out thier service to thier nation. its superb

Glo had a 2.5g last year and wat kind of service did we get. poor call quality and reloading problems. They havent tackled all that and they have introduced 3g.

Now we have been blinded by the so called video calls, high speed internet access etc. its sounds so catching but u ask yourself: have thier services improved?

same tin applies to all other networks. But dont get me wrong cos i anit against any of them. We need to get our priorities right for once and tell these guys to sit up.

acquiring a 3g network means they have to replace almost all the existing 2.5g round the country and that is no small task.

I leave it up to u guys, lets see what they can do
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
idea:

is it better in terms of browsing speed and download time than the evdos from visafone, starcomms or multilinks?

Think the best comparison I 'll illustrate here is that with the new package, you can watch tv online with excellent clarity. Open a page that has a video and bingo, it plays wothout streaming or buffering problems. I have used evdo before and never has it offered me this advantage.
From the above now, yous hould be able to imagine yourself what the browsing and downloading speed's like. Speed's a whooping 1.8Mbs
ituen:

I think we shld be frank with ourselves

What is 3g? what do they mean by upgrade? How have their services been since the upgrade?

British Telecoms is one of the best GSM companies in the UK and they use 2.5g and from the quarterly reports, its not easy to maitain a 2.5g network. but check out their service to their nation. its superb

Glo had a 2.5g last year and what kind of service did we get. poor call quality and reloading problems. They havent tackled all that and they have introduced 3g.

Now we have been blinded by the so called video calls, high speed internet access etc. its sounds so catching but u ask yourself: have their services improved?

same tin applies to all other networks. But don't get me wrong because i anit against any of them. We need to get our priorities right for once and tell these guys to sit up.

acquiring a 3g network means they have to replace almost all the existing 2.5g round the country and that is no small task.

I leave it up to u guys, lets see what they can do

@poster
why no give the benefit of doubt? that the past is whacked doesn't mean the future isnt even brighter. And they dont neccesarily have to replace all 2.5G structure. User have a choice : UMTS or GPRS. UTMS is kinda global. Its where there no UMTS, GPRS is employed.
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by hayprof(m): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Poster: Will u give a review of your Experience with the said 'Glo 3G+' ??

That will do just Fine! cool
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by Ralvy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hayprof, I can't see anything about it on your blog shocked
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by hayprof(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2008
Ralvy:

Hayprof, I can't see anything about it on your blog shocked

On the 3G+ news. Man, watch out for Updated 3G news'

Here: http://xtrememobile..com/
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by texazzpete(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2008
Guys
Glo's 3G+ still with the 3Gb download limit?
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2008
texazzpete:

Guys
Glo's 3G+ still with the 3Gb download limit?

dont know what you mean by download limit. what I do know is that I have been downloading like mad. And I just finished watching prison break season 3 episode 11, 12, 13 online!!! That s just one of many experiences.
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by mmonwuba(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2008
well, from the past, you can always determine what the future looks like to an extent. In the past we had the 3G and what happened, i was one of the frustrated people. When I got to the office, what did i hear, we are sorry we are working on it. For how many weeks?

Welcome to the new world. you would also start experiencing issues with this new 3G+, if not for any other thing, for the fact that it has 3G in front of it.

, when you get to their office, the tell you, im sorry, we are working on it,
enjoy
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by jdoss: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
exboy:

don't know what you mean by download limit. what I do know is that I have been downloading like mad. And I just finished watching prison break season 3 episode 11, 12, 13 online!!! That s just one of many experiences.

AAaaaaaahhh, my guy there is a 3 gig limit OOoooOO. Everything after 3 gigs is charged at 35 Kobo a KB. I think the way they have done it is to load your Sim with enough credit to cover 3 gigs at 35 Kobo, which works out to a little over 1 million Naira. What i would suggest is to take your Sim out of your data card, put it in a phone and dial 200(corporate costumer service). check your balance hopefully it is still between 0 and 1 million and not in the negative. Make sure that if you are using a 3g phone, you change it to GSM. U cannot connect with costumer service in 3g(umts) mode. If u call them, they will tell U to text 'bill' to '2222' the problem is one cannot text with that Sim card. My download has not been to heavy, and I am down to like 600K that's like 1.4 gigs used.
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by nazzyon(m): 1:14am On Mar 08, 2008
There cannot be a download limit.

Come to think of it, on a 100Mbs DSL, You can dowload files as large as 1000GB or more.

If you are talking about Download speed and Upload speed, accepted there is a limit to that.

Just use www.abeltronica.com or any speed testing site.

You will get an approximate speed.

Read: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11288_7-5664933-1.html?tag=nl.e404

To learn more about 3G and above.

You don't have to worry, it is summarised and won't take much of your time.
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by dekin(m): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2008
there is a download limit of 3gig there website says so.Who am i to believe u or them? stop deceiving us
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by gbainde: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2008
the 3g service has been more of a mrketing initiative than real time service. the funny issue is that networks with inadequate capacity to produce hitch free 2G service are now marketing 3G just to create a pseudo feeling that they are market leaders (GSM companies).As a telecomm analyst ,3G has failed to meet expectations with their deafening noise in Europe and nigerians ought to know that effective 3G services can only be delivered with fibre optics as the backhaul not through air interfaces as presently used by most companies. lets all wait and see results , i dont understand why the mad rush.
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by exboy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2008
Dear people of God, make una save me, Glo has ripped off my arsssssse. After 5 days, the stuff just denied me registration. They said I have exceeded the 3Gig limit. That I will now be charged 35k per kb!!! Even at that, I was told I cannot still buy credit and load that I exceeded the 3gig llimit in far exceess and my account is in negative that no small amout of credit can cover. That till the month ends before their system writes off all debts. See me see trouble .
Re: Browsing With Glo's New 3G+ by texazzpete(m): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2008
exboy:

Dear people of God, make una save me, Glo has ripped off my arsssssse. After 5 days, the stuff just denied me registration. They said I have exceeded the 3Gig limit. That I will now be charged 35k per kb!!! Even at that, I was told I cannot still buy credit and load that I exceeded the 3gig llimit in far exceess and my account is in negative that no small amout of credit can cover. That till the month ends before their system writes off all debts. See me see trouble .

I hate to do the 'evil Nigerian' thing and tell you "i told ya so" but. . .

I TOLD YA SO!!
grin

Seriously, that crappy limit is the only thing that'll prevent me from going with this glo 3G

(1) (Reply)

Free Iwp V1 Sunday Server! / Swift 4g Control Panel Help / Lenovo Ideapad Mini E10-30 Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.